<2000 My first 1,000 point Necron list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 1,000 point Necron list

Hi guys, just wanting to put this list to you good people at the Librarium, to see what you think of it.

Overlord /w scythe , Catacomb Command Barge

10 Warriors
    /w Lord, ResOrb, Scythe

10 Warriors
    /w Lord, ResOrb, Scythe

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

8x Scarabs

Cryptek /w Solar Pulse

TOTAL: 945

So this is basically it, I really don't like the fact that Ghost Arks cost nearly as much as the unit, not at this points level anyway (hence the lack of them). I was thinking with the final points either fleshing out the Warrior squads slightly, or adding in a Tomb Spyder for a small Scarab farm.

My main problem is that the Cryptek will be on his lonesome, purely to provide a Solar Pulse, I could use him as a sniper in objective games and just hide him in kill points games, but this is obviously not the greatest idea.

So, does this army have many strengths / glaring weaknesses? Also from here I wouldn't mind some advice on expanding to 1,250 - 1,500.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

This looks pretty solid! I like it

You could solve the issue with the lone Crypek by moving dropping one of the Orb Lords, and adding 5x more Warriors and Mindshackle Scarabs to the remaining Lord unit (bringing you to 960 points).

To finish the list off, if you wanted to run Spyders (great support, and Scarab farms are always nice.. Free models!!), then I highly recommend dropping 3x Scarabs to run 2x Spyders. If you like the above suggestion, you could drop a 4th Scarab for the Mindshackle on the Lord.

Anywho, very good first list!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what BossGorestompa says; it's solid advice.

That said, I'll second what he said about adding some spyders. If you drop just the 3 scarab bases and add 2 spyders, it'll be right at 1000 points. And the good news is, you'll crank those three bases back out in no time. I do agree though, that the lone cryptek is a little odd. If you were to drop him altogether, that would clear up some space for more warriors, other scarabs, or wargear fun with the overlord and lords. And although having the Staff of Destruction at 1000 points is nice and juicy, you'll also be rocking two Annihilation Barges. TWO! Those will bring such holy hellfire down, it's crazy! (But...the solar pulse has saved my bacon a few times too, so I see your thinking there.)

As for expanding to 1250 and 1500 points, go for more troops. I can't count how many games I've lost because of objectives. The last game I played (over new years) I nearly tabled a GK army at 1250 points and he still won from objectives. (Was it bad tactics on my end, or good on his? Though he deserved to win after I watched him fail 5 terminator saves in a row...from regular Destroyers...yeah...)

None-the-less, at 1250 you could easily add some Immortals and/or more crypteks and lords. Also, maybe sneaking in come CC units as well, if you're looking to make an all-comers list.

I hope this helps,

jroode

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I totally forgot about expanding! My suggestion is a new favorite of mine. The unit is an old-dex favorite with a new package -- The Flying Circus! Expanding to 1250 is as easy as adding 10x Immortals and a Veiltek (230 points, leaving 20 points for upgrades). Otherwise, Warriors in a Ghost Ark will add nice support to the list as well as more AV13, and will cost roughly the same.

I do think you should keep the Pulsetek, though. Nothing sucks more than having a shiny toy on the table, and it getting shot down before you can even move it. Granted, you should deploy behind cover, but it's never a guarantee that it will block all angles of LOS from the opponent. The Solar Pulse is insurance that at the very least, aside from an Alpha Strike melta shenanigans, your Bargelord will be able to get off the ground with his 4+ cover save.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I wouldn't discount ghost arks entirely. With two warrior squads to repair, a single ghost ark can contribute quite a bit to their resilience. I would suggest dropping one of your res lords and putting the cryptek with the second squad, then drop a warrior from each squad so they can both fit in the ghost ark if they need to.

I like to keep my warriors outside the ark to intimidate my opponent into shooting my horde of warriors. Sometimes it works, and sometimes they just ignore my infantry and shoot the ark with a bunch of long fangs. If anything, it helps bubble-wrap the ark to protect it from deepstrikers. Though if they need protection, or their numbers get too low, they just embark into the ark and regen in there. It also gives you another AV13 vehicle to try to draw attention away from your barges. Does your opponent shoot the flying warscythe, the electric gattling gun, or the warrior farm? Forces more choices upon them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I should have probably said earlier that I was thinking of the two Spyder idea, two Monstrous creatures for 100 points is pretty sick to be honest, and as you rightly say the Scarabs dropped will soon be free Scarabs gained...

I like the idea of one Ghost Ark, it makes sense to be able to repair more than one unit, and at the end of the day a Warrior squad can pile into it and fly off for an objective if it starts getting to that point of the game. Also, it is probably worth dropping one of the Lords, I just hate thinking that one squad has a 4+ and one has a +5. And I'm dubious about Mind Shackle Scarabs, are they as good as I hear they are?

My original list was going to be a full footslog (if somebody could tell me if thats worth thinking about, I would be grateful), but I really wouldn't want to miss out on the Catacomb Command Barge that I see people harping on about, and running the numbers I can see why. So this is where my sort of hybrid list has arose from.

For 1,500 points games I would probably add in Ghost Arks more AV13, and try to find space for some more Warriors and Cryptek buddies (I'm only just now starting to appreciate how broad the scope of Crypteks is), place in the token Immortal squad (haven't decided Tesla or Gauss yet) and possibly upgrade the Lord to Anrakyr the Traveller, Pyrrhian Eternals sound boss, as well as paying another 35 points on top of a normal Overlord with a Tachyon Arrow and Warscythe you get Mind in the Machine, Furious Charge, as well as the Eternals.

What do you all think?

Apologies for the wall of text, I'm just liking the amount of sound advice I'm getting here.
    Last edited by Leroy101; January 14th, 2012 at 13:20.

+ Reply to Thread