<3000 2500 Genestealer Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Genestealer Heavy

Hey all first time picking up my nids again after a close to two year long hiatus, getting married and having a lil baby have deffinatly not helped me out in the 40k department, but now Im back and after tinkering with the codex this is what Ive came up with, C&C welcome,

HQ-
    Swarmlord w/ 2 Guard w/ Lash Whip-410

Elite-
    3 units of 2 Hive Guard-300

Troops-
    4 units of 10 Genestealers w/ Toxin Sacs and a Broodlord w/ Scytal-832
    2 units of 4 Warriors w/ Scytal, LW/BS and Toxin Sacs-400

Heavy-
    2 Tyrannofex w/ Rupture Cannon-530

Total-2472
    Pretty self explainatory, infiltrate but more than likely outflank the stealers, move the rest up as quickly as possible while popping transports on the approach. I know it doesnt have the doom or any Zoanthropes, but this list is made from the models I do have/converted, aside from the Hive Guard which I will proxy using 6 Raveners I have. The plan is to get back into playing so this summer I can play in the Ard Boyz, how well I do I dont know but I wanna take my nids. So any C&C is welcome and thakns for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

I don't want to put this too bluntly but I wouldn't take this to even an average tournament, let alone 'Ard Boyz with the standard of list they have there. You see genestealers just don't make a good core unit, they're a shock unit, designed to be strong enough to punch through the line, not hold their own afterwards. They're too fragile and to a certain extent, too limited by what they can target for 4 units to work.

Stealer shock was our only good choice in 4th but now we have options again and spamming stealer's isn't a good one. If you want to be competative, especially at Ard boyz but essentially in any kind of tournament, you basically have to take tervigons. Some people take them with big broods and form super units, others spam the hell out of smaller broods. How its done is up to personal taste but all lists trying to be even a little competative should take tervigons.

What else do you have available? I want to say something more helpful than "this wont work" but if your on a budget, It would help to know what you can actually use.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Genestealer spam is what I ran in 4th ed with 6 fexes and a Flyrant, so thats what Im used to, but as far as models I have I got a couple of Tervigons converted, 2 T-Fexes, 2 Carnifexes, lots of stealers 2 Hive Tyrants, the Warriors and Raveners, Im not really on a budget, just trying to fund my Dark Eldar army, I was just wanting something to play again til its built up, and if I dont have my DE built to 2500 pts by Ard Boyz time I would like to play my nids. So I can run out get a few models or convert them. Just havent played 40k in a couple years so Im still kinda stuck in the 4th ed nid way. Thanks again for the help. Also what would you recomend I change?
    Last edited by hbomb1; January 15th, 2012 at 02:32. Reason: question added

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Okie doke, thats promising. Well here's what I would run if I was taking the best 2500 point list I could make.

Swarmlord - 3 Tyrant Guard with Lash whips - 475

3 Hive guard - XXX

3 Hive guard - XXX

3 Zoanthropes in a mycetic spore - 220

29 Termaguants - XXX

Tervigon - Adrenal glands, Toxin sacs, Catalyst - 195

28 Termaguants - XXX

Tervigon - Adrenal glands, Toxin sacs, Catalyst - 195

9 Genestealers with Toxin sacs, Broodlord

Tyrannofex, Rupture cannon - 265

This is the sorta thing I would be running against Ard Boy lists. Its not a very good environment for us poor bugs on the whole, hence the insane amount of anti tank. Just remember the anti infantry weapons on those T-fexs and I imagine youd do okay.

As for your list, the only problem was the troops. Heck swapping out 3 stealer broods and one of the warriors for tervigons and guants youd probably be good to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright thanks again, good thing I already got the Tervigons converted, now just to buy gaunts...joy lol. Probably gonna try to sell my stealers. Thanks again Im going to try to get some games in soon either this coming weekend or the next Ill let you know how I do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

No problem I too had bucketloads of stealers left over from 4th, buying extra guants just felt plain odd at first. Your probably going to need a LOT of guants by the way, when you take into account that tervigons should spawn at least 21 guants before capping out, even 100 guants starts to look a bit small Good thing you can use casualties to make up the numbers though I suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive adjusted the list ever so slightly so that I dont have to buy so much more than I already have, sticking to your list its
    Swarmlord w/ 3 guard w/ whips 475
    2 units of 2 hive guard-200
    2 zoanthropes in a pod-160
    3 units of 20 termagaunts-300
    3 tervigons w/ catalyst, sacs and glands-585
    2 Tyrannofex w/ cannon-510
    Trygon Prime w/ glands-250

Just adjusted it a bit, I do have the Trygon and would like to use him, got the extra tervigon and dropped the 1 model per elite slot and have more gaunts right off the bat...really dont wanna paint 100 gaunts lol. Lemme know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread