<2000 1850 speed freaks tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 speed freaks tournament list

So i have been building a list for a local tournament and have decided to go with speed freaks. I have just finished my 9th rockit buggy and cant wait to try this list out but i would like some critiques or advise if needed. Thanks

HQ
    Big Mek , KFF, cybork, eavy armor 100pts

Elites
    8 lootas 120pts
    8 lootas 120pts

Troops
    19 shoota boyz ,rokit launcha, Nob, PK, BP 164pts
    20 shoota boyz ,x2 rokit launcha, Nob, PK, BP 180pts
    x3 units of 12 slugga boyz , Nob, PK, BP Trukk, Rokit launcha, RPJ 471pts

Fast Attack
    X3 units of 3 buggies ,T-L rokit launcha 315pts

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon ,deff rolla, RPJ, armor plates, x2 big shoota (KFF goes here) 135pts
    Battle wagon ,deff rolla, RPJ, armor plates, grot riggas, Kanon 140pts
    Looted wagon, boom gun 105pts
    TOTAL 1850pts
    I have never used shooty orks before. On paper this list is rokit death, it has 9 T-L and 6 regular. Not to mention the lootas, boom gun, and shoota boyz. I think this list strenghts are: very fast and target saturation. Obviously they will try to take out the big mek but what then?
    Its weakness are too many easy to get kill points, and no hard units ie nobz.
    My basic idea is to keep the wagons and buggies close for a turn or two and pray that i can make some KFF rolls, use the trukks to snatch up objectives and rokkit and deff roll my way to victory. I will try to post some pictures of the rokit buggies. I made them out of deff koptas and they look pretty good painted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, no thoughts?
    If anyone is interested I tabled a dark eldar raider list yesterday in turn 4. Shot down 3 raiders in the first turn with the buggies and only 2 units of truck boyz disembarked the whole game. It helped that I rolled like a god and my opponent not so much. Best part of the game was turn three when I blew up his HQs raider with my last buggy and dropped a boom gun right on their heads and whipped them out. I felt kind of bad for him because he couldnt roll to save his life but he beats me most of the time and is a good sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    133 (x2)

How did the lootas work for you in that game? I play speed freaks too, and am wondering if they fit in this kind of list.

If you drop one of the loota units you can upgrade that looted wagon to a battlewagon with 2 rokkits, kannon and killkannon.
    Are they worth keeping over a more durable tank?
    W/D/L Rumpin' BackThumpa's WAAAGH, 38/3/21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Lootas always rock for me.
    DOw hurts them alot tho.

The list is good but i would trade the warbuggies for deathkoptas as the bike rule and scout rule make it so much better even if you only end up with 7/8 of them - or even 6 if you use some buzzsaws for some first turn vehical killing.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

133 (x2)

Surely Vehicles are always gonna be tougher than jetbikes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

With the scout move you move 18-24" (towards the enemy or even swaping positions in your half)
    That is a T4(5), 2 wound model with a 3+ cover save.
    Yes it can be instant killed by S8 or more but the 3+ save gives it a good chance of surviving. An AV10 warbuggy have little chance of living through it.
    Yes the deffkopta can be hurt by S4 but for a model with BS3 you would need 18 shots just to get 1 wound. so 36 to kill the kopta.
    Whereas those same 36 S4 shots would do 3 glancing hits on the buggy meaning it will mostly be as good as dead (losing the gun)
    Therefore, Thanks to the 3+ cover save the Deffkopta will survive the first turn better.
    Yes, once you no longer have the 3+ cover save your counting on an 4+ armour save but by then the kopta has hit its target (assulting, with the buzzsaw, if the rokkets fail) and now it is taking the attention of the enemy.
    Those are a lot lest things aiming at your battlewagons/ trucks.
    Whereas the warbuggy moves at the same pace as the rest of your army. Most people will ignore them to focus on the more deadly targets.

Yes this means they will survive longer than the kopta but the koptas mean the rest of your army is more likely to survive.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

133 (x2)

You've convinced me

Time for a little switcheroo in my list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Just remember. Dont be annoyed if they kill them.
    Instead look at what that have not killed because the Koptas have taken the fire.
    Look at a buzzsaw on one in each unit.
    If you get first turn you can happily take out tanks.

With a 24" scout move and a 12" move you can get to most vehicals and then you have a S8 rokket and then a S7 buzzsaw that auto hits as their vehicals haven't moved = dead transports.
    I once took out a unit of IG artilary with 1 deffkopta in one turn. lol. shot one dead in the unit and then assulted the other 2 in that unit lol. 1 did survive but lost its main gun so was as good as dead lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lootas worked great once the buggies poped the transports I used the Lootas to clean up the troops (dark eldar are squishy).

It's alittle late to switch out the buggies for koptas as I converted them all to buggies. I use one squad to screen the side armor of my second battle wagon if it has to move away from my KFF and the other 2 I keep in the KFF bubble which negates 50% of incoming pens and glances witch makes them more survivable.
    I won't be getting any more koptas untill after the tournament.

I just finished a game agianst a nid list and the rokits and lootas shut down his 2 trygons and tervifon pretty bad. they showed up and They killed 1truck and 4boyz with the explosion then diss appeared to my shooting and truck boyz. The rest of his horde gave me more trouble (damn gene stealers) but I won with 3 kill points to his 1 and 1 contested. So far I'm loving this list. But I haven't got to deff roll a single thing so far which is disappointing. Luckily there are no missions in this tournament that rely soly on kill points. So I hope to do alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

133 (x2)

The deffkoptas really are the more versatile unit when equipped with a saw.

I shall be using the wrecking balls from trukk kits. Kinda like airborne fanatics >

+ Reply to Thread