<2000 1850 competitive Nidzilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 competitive Nidzilla

I own a Nidzilla list from 4th edition and have recently been interested in revamping the list. Originally I used rippers as troops and just never fielded them but now with the tervigon option, I am ok with fielding some termagant broods.

Anyway, after a bit of thinking, here's the list, not many upgrades, and some choices made simply because that's the sort of model I have.

Everything is standard unless specified.

HQ
    Tyrant w/wings (to distract and hopefully take out shooty units)

Tyrant w/old adversary (for the main line)

Troops
    2 termagant broods 10 strong

2 tervigons w/scything, adrenal glands and toxin sacs

Heavy Support
    Carnifex brood of 3

Tyrannofex (cuz I have a barbed heirodule from forge world and this seemed to fit)

Mawloc (for distraction)

Very simple. Very fun (for me). Feels strong. 38 T6 wounds with 3+ or better and some feel no pain. I think I need more shooting but I'd have to lose a fex. Worth it?

I'm thinkin about another tervigon instead of the walky tyrant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and adrenal glands on the flyrant - forgot about em

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

No anti tank means your absolutely screwed, even in a friendly game, never mind competative. Nid zilla just doesn't work anymore. We must have anti tank in order to even stand half a chance, under 4th this could come from carnifex spam and was reasonably viable to have anti tank come from CC sources. However 5th edition is very much heavy, which essentially means multiple Hive guard, thropes or T-fex's are essentially a must include, carnifex's just don't do it anymore.

To be honest you'd have to re-do the list from the ground up im afraid. As a guideline, I tend to take about 500 points minimum dedicated to anti tank at anything over 1500 points. This is usually two broods of 3 Hive guard and 3 zoanthropes in a mycetic spore, alongside several other units capable of killing tanks if I needed them to, such as Trygons, genestealers or Raveners.

Also some points to consider, Mawlocs are quite a poor choice owing to the infequent nature of their attack (you basically get 3 S6 Ap2 blasts a game, that are rather inacurate) and their lack of CC ability. They don't even do distraction well, most opponents simply ignore them.

Winged tyrants are rather fragile these days and don't tend to be seen much. Walking tyrants are good with OA, but need guns to make full use of it. 2 TL devourers are a good choice for the most part. Also you want to take a tyrant guard. Something that expensive needs protecting.

Carnifexs are basically useless if set up for combat. They're slow, fragile, rather expensive and not that amazing considering at what they do for how much they cost. Even taken in a big brood of 3, they're not that appealing and are somewhat over-kill. WS 3 and not being that tough really hurts these guys. There's also the issue that barring killing AV14 vehicles, the trygon outperforms the carnifex in every single way, for very little extra cost when you consider the upgrades given to fex's to make them work.

Sorry to be such a downer, but Nidzilla was really hit hard by both the changes in 5th edition and the new version of the codex and is simply not viable anymore. GW took the things that everyone had (Carnifex's and Guants with spinefists) and made them worthless, whilst making all the new (expensive) stuff the best items in the codex
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread