<2000 1850 nids vs necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 nids vs necrons

Well this is going to be my first game in two years, the 2500 point one got scrapped on account of the flu, but Im better and I am going to play someone this weekend, my opponent changes armies like most of us change socks, right now hes playing necrons, got a rought idea of his list (Ive not even seen the new cron codex yet so I dont know what to expect). So I dont know what upgrades or what not but the list he told me hes gonna use is
    2 overlords
    1 vargard
    2 Lords
    3 cryptics
    30 immortals
    9 scarabs
    2 monoliths
    Like I said, Ive played the old necrons, so Im pretty much going into this game blind. He didnt tell me about any transports, I think they have some now...and as Im at work, I dont have my codex with me, but Im thinking of my list being something like this
    Swarmlord w/ 2 Guard w/ Lashwhips
    2 units of 6-8 Ymgarl
    Doom in a pod
    a couple of units of termagaunts (dont know how many, probably 2x20 )
    2 Tervigons catalyst, AG and TS
    2 Tyrannofex w/ cannon(maybe 1 t-fex and 1 trygon w/ glands)
    total w/o the ymgarls as I dont know their cost is w/ 2 t-fex-1660 + cost of Ymgarls
    total w/ the t-fex and Trygon-1605
    Any C&C is welcomed, the game is tomorrow after lunch, also any advice on his units such as what most people would bring/how to counter them/anything (Im heading over to the necron forums now to find out what I can) would be a world of help, thanks again.

Last edited by hbomb1; January 28th, 2012 at 00:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Haven't played much against Necrons yet, but you're throwing away the game if you don't have Hive Guard. Two units of three would be good at this points level, and you really need to have Zoanthropes in a Spore to take out those Monoliths. Also, there's no need for Lashwhips, you're Initiative is (probably) going to be higher than the Necrons' anyway.

So your list would look like:

== HQ ==
    Swarmlord Brood (430 pts.)
    --> Swarmlord (1) = 280 pts.
    --> Tyrant Guard (2) - Bonesword = 150 pts.

== Elites ==
    Hive Guard Brood (3) = 150 pts.
    Hive Guard Brood (3) = 150 pts.
    Zoanthrope Brood (160 pts.)
    --> Zoanthrope (2) = 120 pts.
    --> Mycetic Spore (1) = 40 pts.

== Troops ==
    Tervigon (1) - Stinger Salvo, AG, Toxin Sacs, Cat, Taken As Troops = 195 pts.
    Termagant Brood (30) - Fleshborer = 150 pts.
    Tervigon (1) - Stinger Salvo, AG, Toxin Sacs, Cat, Taken As Troops = 195 pts.
    Termagant Brood (30) - Fleshborer = 150 pts.

== Heavy Support ==
    Tyrannofex (1) - Rupture Cannon, Stinger Salvo, Thorax Swarm - Desicctor Larvae = 265 pts.

== Total ==
    1845 pts.

As you can see, your Swarmlord takes up a lot of points. You may want to reconsider.

EDIT: Sorry, I originally forgot a few points, the amended list is as you see above.
    Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; January 28th, 2012 at 10:41. Reason: Points miscalculation

+ Reply to Thread