To add some variety to our weekly gaming group, some of us have decided to run doubles games. My ally is Chaos Marines and I'm Necrons. The rules require both players to run one HQ and two troops but on a shared force organization chart. As a way to ensure balance, no player on a team can have more than 2 Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support choices, but extra points can be shared. Since I do not have the CSM codex, I'm not sure of the point totals for units he gave me but the total army is 1010.

Chaos Space Marines (1010 )
HQ: Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh and Lash of Submission
Troops: 2 squads of 6 Noise Marines with Champions, power weapons, Doom Sirens, mounted in Rhinos
Elites: 3 Terminators with 3 Combi-Plasmas and 3 Terminators with 2 Heavy Flamers
Heavy Supports: Defiler with 3 close combat weapons and Autocannon and Predator with Twin-Linked Lascannons

Necrons (990 )
HQ: Orikan the Diviner
Troops: 2 squads of 10 Warriors, one with a Ghost Arc
Elites: C'Tan Shard with Pyreshards and Writhing Worldscape
Fast Attacks: 2 squads of Canoptek Scarabs, one of 6 and one of 5
Heavy Supports: Canoptek Spyder with Fabricator Claw Array

The combination of Writhing Worldscape, Orikan and Lash of Submission will be used to keep enemy forces' mobility hindered while using terrain as a weapon. The Troops choices are mobile and benefit from powerful weaponry or the ability to replace fallen models. Chaos will have some powerful weapons while Necrons have Scarabs and a Spyder to make more. The smaller group will be a decoy and used to provide cover for as long as possible to the larger which the Spyder will add to. If need be, the Spyder can repair vehicles. The list also benfitts from having 3 Monstrous Creatures.