<2000 Army for painting - reasonably competitive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Army for painting - reasonably competitive?

Heya, I'm planning on making and painting an eldar army with a lot of the finecast aspects as I like their models. However, as I'm going for paint over strategy I'd rather avoid taking multiples and manage to take most aspects. Will this army survive in non-tournament settings?

If I were to get the Finecast harlequins (8 (6 in troupe box, shadowseer + jester)), how would you recommend including them in the army / what would be worth reducing in number / size?

2000 points (1996pts)

Autarch – Swooping hawk wings, mandiblasters, power weapon, fusion gun
    Farseer Rune of warding spirit stone, doom, fortune3 warlocks, conceal spiritseer, enhance spear, destructor

10 Dire Avengers + Wave Serpent TL Scatter Lasers, shuriken cannon
    10 Dire Avengers + Wave Serpent TL Scatter Lasers, shuriken cannon
    5 Rangers

6 Striking Scorpions – Exarch, claw, shadowstrike
    6 Howling Banshees – Exarch, mirrorswords, acrobat
    6 Fire Dragons – Exarch, fire pike, tank hunters

Fast Attack
    5 Warp Spiders – Exarch, Withdraw
    6 Swooping Hawks – Exarch, Sunrifle, Intercept

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord – Bright lance, EML
    5 Dark Reapers

On my way of getting there if I played a game or two at 1000points I'd probably go for:
    Geared: Autarch, 6 Fire Dragons, 5 Warp Spiders Naked: 20 Dire Avengers, 6 Striking Scorpions, 6 Howling Banshees, 5 Dark Reapers.

My main opponents are Chaos Marines, Daemons, Tyranids and Eldar.
    Strategy: Dire Avengers to secure objectives and provide a firing line whilst Rangers, Wraithlord and Dark Reapers use long-range weapons to soften targets before CC elites + Farseer advance with Warp spiders, Swooping hawks and Autarch provide support. Thanks.

Last edited by Isadiel; February 2nd, 2012 at 15:16.

+ Reply to Thread