<3000 2k monster/deep strike nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k monster/deep strike nids

Hi all, I've been playing nids for little while and seem fairly good against my friends who run troop heavy IG and space marines. I havent been in any tourneys or really serious games so I just came up with this list for the more competitive games, any comments would be appreciated.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant - 2x scything talons, hive commander, wings

Elites
    2x Hive Guard
    2x Hive Guard
    2x Zoanthropes with mycetic spore

Troops
    5x Tyranid Warriors - 4 deathspitters, barbed strangler
    8x Genestealers + broodlord - 9x scything talons, 9x toxins sacs

Fast Attack
    5x Ravenors - 5x rending claws

20x Gargoyles - 20x toxin sacs

Harpy - TL stranglethorn cannon, cluster spines

Heavy Support
    Trygon Prime

Tyrannofex - rupture cannon, cluster spines, desiccator larvae

Total = 1992pts

Main idea is genestealers and warriors outflank (hive commander) preferably one on either side, hive tyrant and harpy fly up the middle using gargoyle screen and any cover possible, then the trygon and ravenors pop up in the middle of the enemy hopefully catching them on all sides.
    Problem might be the lack of synapse for the tyrannofex and hive guard once everything has moved up.
    Any suggestions would be awesome.
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll jump in first here. Your title claims a DS list, per chance would the hive guard and tyrannofex start the game on the board? or walk on as reserves on t2 - possibly through the trygons tunnel?

Synapse may be an issue as you already stated, But if you constantly move your AT troops up the field then they should not get too far behind. If you should find them out of synapse and failing a morale test, the HT should be agile enough to rescue them, or perhaps a Prime popping up nearby. That being said you have 4 sources of Synapse, 2 being harder then the other 2. in my 1-.15k lists i run 2 or 3 sources, so your should be fine for 2k with 4 sources. Unless your opponent deliberately targets them first.

One thing I would suggest if you have the models spare, is drop the BL for more regular stealers. he costs as much as 4 and a bit stealers basic, and is not as effective as those 4 in the majority of situations. I would field 12 stealers just with toxin, rather than 8 with talons and bl. Also,if you plan to use the harpy in assaults, consider AG, making him S6 I6 on the charge. just in case you come against multi-wound ig models, or sisters, or DE or eldar or something. also it give you a boost vs vehicles, as the average pen roll at S5 glances walkers where s6 will pen more oft than not on anything except Land raiders.

Apart from those 2 bits I wouldnt change a thing. Pray to the dice god though, i've seen DS armies fail hard versus my horde list, due to scatter mishaps, and poor reserve rolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers,
    Yeah i would just be starting the hive guard/t-fex on the filed and move them up the field as they have assault type weapons so can move and shoot normally and still be somewhat behind the gargoyle screen.
    I was thinking of maybe take out one brood of hive guard and take the toxin sacs off gargoyles (their there for the screen or to be a nuisance if they actually get to combat), and put in a Doom of Malantai with mycetic spore to drop in and spirit leech everything, especially if i can get most of his army locked up in combat beforehand. What do you think?
    In regards to the broodlord - i love him, but i see your point. But hes normally awesome at taking independent characters out while the genestealers hack into the rest of their squad. As of now i dont have the extra genestealer models, but i want to get some later on any way so i'll be able to trial it either way.
    Thanks for your suggestions

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I just have a few things I'd also like to point out:
    - Keep your Broodlord if you like him, he does well in just as many situations as the extra Genes do.
    - Genes don't need ST but keep TS. Their WS is high enough to rip through most targets.
    - I'm surprised you're winning any games. You're core section, to put it simply, is pathetically easy to destroy. One or two blasts from Leman Russes will rip the Warriors apart, and Genes die to boltguns. Any objective game you have you are already at a disadvantage.
    - You're worried about your Synapse. Don't be. If your opponents can't spot that to auto-win their games they need to kill 14 models off, I wouldn't worry about them targeting your Synapse.
    - The bulk of your army is in Fast Attack. Big no no if you want to go competitive.
    - Finally, and most importantly of all, there are very few builds of monster/DS lists that actually work in the competitive scene. I do know one list that does work. Let me know if you want to know that list and I'll post it up here.

+ Reply to Thread