<3000 Eldar Army Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldar Army Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Army Help

I am planning on putting together an Eldar army, flexible enough where I can easyli add and take away units to fit the different sizes. However, Avatar of Khaine is a staple for the army. I want it to be one of those armies you look at and go "Oh shit... thats a lot of big dudes" yet also be effective in war at the same time...

Any ideas?

I wont be actually buying pieces until after the new dex comes out, but I want to start planning for it now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Take Eldrad. He complements army like no other.
    Use Avathar's zone of Fearlessness. Use infantry. Take footslogging list.
    Don't be afraid to take non-optimal units, weak or overpriced in comparison to toher armies. That's nothing new for us. It's irrelevant; of relevance is, however, whether your army can cooperate.
    Due to the nature of your list, I'd advise you not to use vehicles at all; or if you do, do not take 3 Wraithlords; take 9 War Walkers instead. By presenting numerous same type threats you can overloard enemy damage capabilities.
    Eldar are low on anti-tank. Take as many tank-killing (point cost efficiently, of course) weapons as possible.
    Think about how you plan to use Psychic Powers.
    Take a full unit of Harlequins with Shadowseer and kisses. Fusion Pistols wouldn't hurt too.
    If you can afford this (moneywise) get yourself an awesome unit of Wraithguard. With Fortune, those are unkillable.

Have fun and enjoy awesomely looking army that being a foot army cheats the current anti-tank melta metagame and as eldar trickery in practice basically cheats the rules.
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avatar is extremely fun to use, I don't blame you for loving him in your army. But I disagree with Dire, I find footslogging Eldar Lists to be ineffective to say the least. I am a HUGE fan of Dire Avengers, Fire Dragons, and Howling Banshees. In high point games having a full group of banshees and two groups of five fire dragons is a staple, for me at least. I also like to stick Fire Dragons in a Falcon (if you dont plan on using prisms), and basically suicide unless you have the opportunity to avoid it. As far as Dire Avengers I really like using dual gun exarchs and p. wep + shimmer exarchs. I like sticking 10 DAs w/ shimmer exarch in a serpent with Eldard, then take another group or two or DAs with dual guns in serpents. You also can't forget about Jet Bikes. Jet Bikes are EXTREMELY useful in objective games and very durable if used correctly because of their 6 inch move in the assault. Eldar armies are extremely flexible depending on your playstyle though.

I think I am getting off topic though. IMO wheel and deal your avatar and try to keep up with the banshees in the wave serpent. Avatar with banshees in close combat absolutely decimate everything. If possible use eldrad to doom whatever you are attacking, especially if you are dealing with nasty termies. With your groups of DAs I like to stay in serpents and wheel around the field until I have the opportunity to either get in CC with my shimmer DAs or shoot the hell out of people with my dual gun exarch + blade storm. Then use them + jet bikes if you opt to use them ( once again very useful IMO ) to capture points. Not to mention you will finally have some t4 eldar units unless you're dealing with instant death, which doesnt really matter on 1 would models to begin with.

These are just what I have personally seen work very effectively in friendly and tourny play. As well as being very flexible depending on who you are facing. If you are facing a bunch of land raiders, you should probably move points around to use some bright lances if you dont want to rely on fire dragons. Like I've said before you can basically make any sort of list you want to play . Hope this wall of text helped. Sorry if I got off topic, it happens sometimes when I talk about Eldar because you can go so many ways with this army and almost everything can work well XD. But I do strongly recommend against a foot slogging army because you have t3 4+ or 5+ armor save units that are just gonna get lit up. Hope this helped.

+ Reply to Thread