<2000 1750 dread mob - a list to muck about with - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

1750 dread mob - a list to muck about with

I've very nearly finished my eldar, and painting all those boring flat carapaces has me yearning for some orks again. I used to play them way back at the start of 3rd ed, and I tried to pick them up a couple of years back (unsuccessfully) so I thought I'd give it another try now... with a twist.

See, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for gretchin. They're the backbone of any mechanised ork list - the grease that keeps the machine running smoothly (sometimes literally!). Over the years they've been used as weapons, meat shields, and even as stepping stones for meganobz, but the little blighters have never really had much going for them.

So, this list is going to be grot rebel themed. Besides, I reckon the only way a grot would really achieve independence from orks would be to build a big stompy deathmachine, and then not tell the mek how it turns on.

Big Mek "Emprah Grotsmek"
    KFF, burna

Kustom Meka-dread
    Mega Charga

Mekboy junka "Da Toasta"
    supa-skorcha, 3x skorchas, red paint job

12 Spanna boyz
    Scrap trukk

12 Spanna boyz
    Scrap trukk

Deff dread
    2 big shootas

Deff dread
    2 big shootas

Deff dread
    2 big shootas

Deff dread
    2 big shootas

Tank Krumpany 1 - 5 grot tanks
    grotzookas
    kommanda - skorcha

Tank Krumpany 2 - 5 grot tanks
    grotzookas
    kommanda - skorcha

Megadread
    skorchas
    mega-charga

9 Lootas

Names still WIP.

Thoughts? Obviously as a FW list it's opponents permission only, but my LGS is very lax about things like that... I just don't want to put them off it, so hopefully this will be a fun list, but not TOO powerful... though obviously still capable of some serious krumpin'.

Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha; love it. Those FW grot tank models are exceptional. Well, I can't say I'm familiar with any of the rules here; but just on general terms: You've got 10 (presumably light) tanks and 7 walkers with a couple trukks thrown in. Flooding the field with light vehicles isn't exactly a shocker in 5th so expect to get grot stomped sometimes. But since this is a fun, fluffy list, why waste time on strategy? Plunge forward into the meany mastaz!

+ Reply to Thread