<2000 1500 Point Casual List (Newcomer to 40k) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Casual List (Newcomer to 40k)

Hello all, I am building a DE army alongside a Tyranid army for strictly casual play. I have my Tyranid army squared away but need some direction / advice on DE. This is what I have come up with so far:

== HQ ==
    Haemonculus (3) - Power Weapon, Liquifier Gun = 210
    (One each attached to the Incubi and 2 Wrack units)

== Elites ==
    Incubi (229 pts.)
    --> Incubi (7) = 154 pts.
    --> Raider (1) - Dark Lance, Enhance Aethersails, Flickerfield = 75 pts.

== Troops ==
    Kabalite Warriors (180 pts.)
    --> Kabalite Warriors (10) - Splinter Rifle (9), Blaster (1) = 105 pts.
    Kabalite Warriors (180 pts.)
    --> Kabalite Warriors (10) - Splinter Rifle (9), Blaster (1) = 105 pts.
    Wracks (175 pts.)
    --> Wracks (9) - Liquifier Gun (1) = 100 pts.
    Wracks (175 pts.)
    --> Wracks (9) - Liquifier Gun (1) = 100 pts.

== Heavy Support ==
    Ravager (1) - Dark Lance (3), Flickerfield = 115 pts.

== Total ==
    1494 pts.

Please keep in mind that I'm still kind of green when it comes to the game in general, so any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Raynair; February 14th, 2012 at 11:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Looks pretty solid.

One thing I'd point out though is that you don't have any combat units that have assault grenades. If your enemies realize this they'll probably hide in cover to make you strike at I1. I might consider swapping out 1 wrack squad for a wyche unit to deal with this. Although you can probably just liquify them out of cover with your list as is.

Aside from that, there's a couple minor adjustments I'd probably make. The warriors don't really need Enhanced Aether Sails. The Haemie that goes with the incubi really should have anything besides a power weapon, the incubi already have a bunch of power weapon attacks at higher WS/S/I, what they tend to need help against are high T (6+) or multi wounds models, so really any of the other weapon options will cover one of those gaps (VB, Scissorhand, Agonizer, FG help with the High T while FG and huskblade help with multi-wound guys). Personally I'd keep it cheap with the VB.

But like I said they're pretty minor changes. Overall the list looks fine, get some proxies and play a couple games with it to see how you like the feel of it.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be beneficial at all to swap both warrior units with Wych units (each with a Hekatrix + Agonizer)? I am really trying to go for an all out assault (close combat) army. Due to point limitations, I might not be able to replace them with full 10 model units of Wyches, however.

If so, can anyone advise on how the units should be setup? I assume they should carry Haywire Grenades, but should I give one of the models in each unit one of the special weapons (Razorflails, Hydra Gauntlets, Shardnet)? Sorry if these should be obvious answers... DE seems to be a little more in depth with their options than Tyranids.

+ Reply to Thread