<2000 1500 points Wych list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points Wych list

HQ

Haemonculus /w webway way and venom blade - 90

Sliscus - 150

Troops
    15x Wyches - 150
    3x Shardnet and impaler - 30
    Hekatrix /w venom blade - 15

5x Warriors /w Blaster - 60
    Raider - 70

Elites
    3x Trueborn w/ 2 splinter cannons (using dukes 3+ poison) - 55
    Venom /w splinter cannon x2 65

9 Blood brides /haywire - 135
    3 x Razorflails - 30
    Syren /w Venom blade - 15

Fast attack
    2x 5 Scourges -220
    4 x haywire blasters- 40

Heavy support
    3x Ravager /w Night shields and flickers 375
    one with disintergrators

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

My initial reaction to your list:

-Not enough Troop units.
    -Wyches should have haywires over bloodbrides (the BB's extra attack is wasted when using grenades).
    -Get the Syren an agonizer.
    -I don't think you have enough units with combat drugs to justify using Sliscus.
    -Haywire blasters are cool, but also a complete waste against certain armies and I'm not sure you have enough other AT to pick up the slack against GK/Necron/etc.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply

I have taken your views into consideration and decided to replace the 9 blood bride with 10 wychs with haywires and two razorflails and venom blade. Plus taking three ravagers with dark lances instead of one with dinsintergrator, however the haywire blasts with the scourges i have tested and seem to maintain a good amount of anti -tank while allowing the ravagers to destroy other critical targets/infantry. But also good against high toughness with three shardcarbines. Sliscus is beneficial for this force in two respects, giving the combat drugs but also 3+ poison with two long range splinter cannons giving me one heft anti infantry unit in a venom, very effective against high toughness and basic troops(sheer amount of saves to make). I did consider taking him out but he has performed so well up to this point ive decided to keep him

I would welcome any further comments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Haywires are considered auto stun lock as thats what they do, either armies ignore 1 and 2's on damage table or some units take 2 down to 1.
    However for arguments sake any time this happens it happens with lances and heat lances too, its more difficult to wreck and destroy a tank with haywires with AV11 and below compared with a lance, though its easier to glance. The haywire also outshines the lance on AV12, i see this argument for not using haywires a lot on these forums, It really does not matter as you can still get a 3 or 4, yes you might lose the 1 or 2 on the damage table, but this is not a reason to deter from using haywires as lances suffer the same result. Infact even with this in mind a 5 man scourge squad with 2 haywire blasters still outshines a ravager against AV12.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Also something else i would like to add For against GK or the same type of dice from other companies.
    over 90% of people use games workshop dice, there was a little experiment that was done, rolling dice 10000 times in groups of 1000.
    A very interesting discovery was found, it doesn't bother me as the results work both ways in a game and perhaps thats why the game is more intresting as 6's and 1's show up more.

These dice statistics you would expect would come out fairly equal right? you would expect each to come out at above 16%ish, right? well no.
    This is not the case 6's and 1's came out at just under 22%-24%(sorry can't remember exactly now, but it was well above the 16%) and everything else was equal.
    So what does this mean, this means that the biggest argument against using haywire blasters except for a few select units, is GK as they can do a psyhic test to ignore their 1's and 2's. You will find that they will fail this more than one might think and cause a perils. Now i'm not saying that this is a full proof plan, but its something to think about along with what i said above.
    I'm just trying to stress that there isn't a big disadvatage in using haywire as the rest of your anti-tank suffer from the same sneak rules.
    Last edited by dizzie; February 17th, 2012 at 19:04.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

+ Reply to Thread