<2000 1250 No-Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1250 No-Mech

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

1250 No-Mech

As you may have noticed by now, I love my gimmicks! And a recent discussion on another player's army list (http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ed-advice.html) got me thinking about a no-mech list. Of course, I cannot go too long without my gimmicks, so I packed a huge Warrior blob with as much Scythe/Shackle spam as possible!

Whuptaheckh and the Whuptaheckissat Royal Guard ( 660 )
    Overlord (Whuptahekh)
    + Phaeron, Scythe, Shackle
    Court Lord
    + Scythe, Shackle, Orb
    Overlord (Whuptahekhissat)
    + Scythe Shackle
    Court Lord
    + Scythe, Shackle
    Warriors
    + 19x Warriors

Montey Whyptaheckh's Flying Circus ( 470 )
    First Troupe
    Troupe Master of Despair
    + Veil of Darkness
    Immortals
    + 10x Immortals, Gauss

Second Troupe
    Troupe Master of Despair
    + Veil of Darkness, Nightmare Shroud
    Immortals
    + 9x Immortals, Tesla

Generically Named Tomb Blades ( 120 )
    Tomb Blades
    + 5x Tomb Blades w/ TL-Gauss, Shadowloom

TOTAL: 1,250 Points

Comments, questions, complaints, and criticism always welcome!
    Cheers!

Last edited by BossGorestompa; February 22nd, 2012 at 05:00.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should take 2 lance crypteks with solar pulses instead of the necron lords. I know you like the idea of a 20-man necron warrior squad that never dies, but Solar Pulses will give you an extremely useful strategical advantage. What's more I'd definitely take some Flayed Ones instead of the Tomb Blades. You see, your army is fast, durable and strong enough for a footslogging force and the FOs could grant you even more strategical benefits (f.e. infiltrate and charge enemy devastators/long fangs/heavy weapon squads/hive guards) AND a counter-charge unit that can defeat almost everything if it takes the charge (from large ork mobs to TH/SS Terminators).

P.S.I'd throw 2 warriors and the Nightmare Shroud and take a 15-man Flayed One squad.
    Hope I helped.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

If gimmicky is what's needed, take the Flayed Ones, otherwise go for Tomb Blades. More useful in most ways, FO's are sluggish and only effective in large numbers in my experience. I think that Particle Beamers would be a better use for Tomb Blades however, as the Tesla Carbines are usually outclassed by Gauss for general shooting, and Str 6 blasts are just epic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I've already packed the list with my gimmick of choice (or at least, my gimmick of choice for this list) -- 400 points worth of Lords and Overlords.

I suppose it would have helped if I explained what I was aiming for with this list, and why I selected what I did. It's a pure shooty list, with excessive amounts of insurance against close combat. The massive Warrior Blob is filled with as much Scythe/Shackle spam as possible, the two units of Immortals can port away to a new target if a unit gets to close, and the Tomb Blades can outmaneuver all but the fastest opponents.

My other intention was to build a list with Tomb Blades, as a recent discussion with NMP reminded me that they do still exist XD I had all but forgotten about them, preferring instead to design lists with models that are actually obtainable, which is a shame because my initial impression was such that they are one of my favorite units in the codex.

I may keep Flayed Ones open as an option for later builds, as I am planning on making 15-20 conversions for them, but for the time being this list is already running a few models I don't yet own.

So far as running Tesla vs Gauss / Particle on the Blades -- I did this to keep the unit cheap. Plus TL-Tesla can pile on plenty of hits as well! If I went with Particle Beamers, I would have to reduce the unit to 4x (with the remainder of the list as-is), and point for point I think 6x TL-TC would be about as effective as 4x PB(&J??). One thing I am back and forth on is running Gauss over Tesla. TL is a great boon to both! And the Blades are perfect for maneuvering quickly to gain a clear shot at enemy vehicles. Most of what I expect to face in 1,250 size would have rear AV 10 though, which a TL-TC is about as effective at stunlocking as the Gauss is, and can multipurpose at anti-horde. The main benefit to Gauss is that it can hit armour from all sides, not just the rear-AV.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Well, they can only be in units of 5 max anyways, but I see your point, taking 2 units of 3 will certainly pile on some extra hits, with the TL taken into account. It all comes down to choice when it comes to Gauss vs Tesla. I personally run Gauss, the rapid fire capabilities usually out-do's the tesla "overcharge" hits, plus there are lots of Guard, Eldar and Tau players at my LGS, so the AP4 gives me a lot of assistance. However, 1 or 2 lucky shooting phases with Tesla can turn things over, only 2 of the Tesla shots need to overcharge to out-do the hits of the Gauss. Have a think about it, the glancing capabilities of the Gauss appeals to me more usually.
    NMP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x5)

I totally didn't even bother to look at their squad size XD I automatically thought "Wraith slot = 6 models."

The other main consideration on the Tesla was volume of fire at range. I love the combination of speed and range, when used properly it can out class many opponents. To get that out of Gauss, you have to sacrifice volume of fire (which might be even more skewed by the tesla pops). But on the flip side: this list relies on Gauss to handle vehicles, and I suppose the Blade's speed makes them a prime candidate to carry the mantle of transport harriers. Besides, dropping the sixth "accidental" model from the unit invites me to do something I really, really wanted to do with the first list... run them with Shadowlooms! Turbo-boostin' 2+'s baby! Making up the points exactly by dropping: 1 Tomb Blade, 1 Warrior, 1 Immortal.
    Last edited by BossGorestompa; February 22nd, 2012 at 05:02.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

A very good application of spare points, should you need to you can make them VERY difficult to get rid of, allowing them to be a thorn in your enemy's side even longer. My favourite build is Shadowlooms and Particle Beamers, sure it's a tad expensive, but my god can it give and take damage when used right. Gauss/Tesla can be used to keep it cheap, but I think I'd run Tesla-Blades more if they had strength 6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Non Marine Player View Post
    I think I'd run Tesla-Blades more if they had strength 6
    True. We should have something Destroyer-equivalent at our new codex.

+ Reply to Thread