<2000 1500 point tournie army revised - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point tournie army revised

For those of you who read my last army list, this is the revised edition, let me know what you think of it. For those of you who haven't read it before, if you have any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

HQ

Phaeron Thutep
    Necron Overlord 90pts.
    - Phaeron 20pts.
    - Warscythe 10pts.
    - Mindshackle Scarabs 15pts.
    - Phase Shifter 45pts.

Royal Court

Osi'nor
    Necron Lord 35 pts.
    - Warscythe 10pts.
    - Mindshackle Scarabs 15pts.
    - Resurrection Orb 30pts.

Ilos
    Cryptek 25 pts.
    - Harbinger of Despair 5pts.
    - Veil of Darkness 30pts.

Set
    Cryptek 25 pts.
    - Harbinger of Destruction 10pts.
    - Solar Pulse 20pts.

Elites

Warden of the Triarch
    Triarch Stalker 150 pts.

Troops

Oruscari Leigon

20 Necron Warriors 260pts.

Ward of Set
    9 Necron Warriors 117pts.
    - Ghost Ark 115pts.

Ilos' Guards
    10Immortals 85pts.

Fast Attack

Oruscari Flyers
    5 Tomb Blades 150pts.
    - Particle Casters

9 Scarab Bases 135pts.

Heavy Support

The Telsa Scourge
    Annihalation Barge 90pts.

Dark Storm
    Annihalation Barge 90pts.

Total; 1497 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks pretty solid; the only thing I worry about is you're kinda on the fence in regard to vehicles. Very few vehicles can stand alone against the concentrated might of your tournament opponents' dedicated anti-tank. The monolith is an exception to this rule; but you only have 4 vehicles that are (sort of) AV13 at 1500 points. Space Wolves; even GK with massed S8 autocannons are going to take your lunch money after the solar pulse is gone. Personally; if you want to go the mostly infantry build; I'd swap the stalker, anni barges and ghost ark for more bodies and maybe a monolith (or two, in which case, same # of bodies). You can use the monolith for typical teleporting shenanigans, blocking LOS, or simply deep strike it and cause havoc while you advance.

Apart from that, considering the upgrades you gave to your Overlord, you may want to consider Imotekh. Just a few things to think about, always balancing your number of bodies.
    "They have us surrounded? Good! Now we can fire in every direction; those bastards won't get away this time!"
    -Chesty Puller

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

This list is over-points, I calc'd it as 1662 with 10 immortals and 1577 with 5. In my opinion, you have too many points sunk in the HQ for this list to work effectively. The upgrades are mostly useful, however, I will say again that the Phase Shifter is just too expensive for use in a tournament army. I'd consider taking a few less Warriors in the Ark, and drop 4 bases off the scarabs. You can in fact fit into 1497 by taking off 4 scarab bases, the phase shifter and the Veil-tek, who seems a tad unsupported in his role of transportation. Ultimately, you will have to look at your synergy and decided what can afford to be dropped.
    NMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for pointing that out Non Marine Player. I didn't realise I was over points. As for what I will cut out, I'm thinking I'll definetly cut out 4 scarab bases and maybe the Phase Shifter, which I put there for when I'm versing armies with several power weapons and/or monstrous creatures. As for the Veil-tek, he goes in the unit of Immortals so I'm not sure I'd consider him unsupported. I'll send a redone version when I've figured out what I want to remove (a 'revised' revised edition haha).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
    It looks pretty solid; the only thing I worry about is you're kinda on the fence in regard to vehicles. Very few vehicles can stand alone against the concentrated might of your tournament opponents' dedicated anti-tank. The monolith is an exception to this rule; but you only have 4 vehicles that are (sort of) AV13 at 1500 points. Space Wolves; even GK with massed S8 autocannons are going to take your lunch money after the solar pulse is gone. Personally; if you want to go the mostly infantry build; I'd swap the stalker, anni barges and ghost ark for more bodies and maybe a monolith (or two, in which case, same # of bodies). You can use the monolith for typical teleporting shenanigans, blocking LOS, or simply deep strike it and cause havoc while you advance.

Apart from that, considering the upgrades you gave to your Overlord, you may want to consider Imotekh. Just a few things to think about, always balancing your number of bodies.
    Which Tournaments do you play in, since special characters are allowed? All the tournaments I know off, do not allow special characters of any kind.

+ Reply to Thread