<2000 1850 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1850 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 point list

Made a new list I plan on making, let's hope it looks good!

1.) Duke, with 4 incubi ina venom with a splinter cannon (303pts)
    2.) 10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    3.)10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    4.)10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    5.)10 warriors, splinter cannon , sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    6.)10 wyches, 2 gauntlets, hekatrix, power weapon ona raider with FF (210pts)
    7.)5 trueborn with 4 blasters on a venom with a splinter cannon (185pts)
    8.)6 reavers with 2a cluster caltrops (172pts)
    9.) Jetfighter with cannon and FF (165pts)
    10.) Ravager with FF (115pts)

So I have 30 points leftover and idk where or what to do with them, and also is duke affective with incubi? I feel like he should be with trueborn for the shooting buff, but that loses he's cc abilities.

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

from what i can see really quick there aren't many faults,

-i personally would switch a blaster/heat lance with on of the caltrops in the reaver squad... but thats just my playstyle
    - as far as the duke's placement, there are better CC hq's... so i would run him with the trueborn so that he isn't dragged into CC.
    -seriously consider nightshields, as you have 4 rapid-fire poison squads with re-rolls to hit while they're in their raider... take night shields so you can get close enough to rapid fire, but that 6" range reduction helps prevent a "marine squad" from rapid firing your boat out of the sky.

just food for thought, hope it is insightful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Hey, welcome to the forum!

A couple ideas to think about with the Duke.

People like to take a special character when his abilities can benefit the list and make his points worth while. Although the Duke is okay with the point cost for what you get the lack of synergy with the list is sticking out here. For example, he allows you to roll 2 dice for your choice of drug for the army - you only have 2 squads in the list that really care. Also, there is an issue with whom the Duke can start the game with. His rules say either warriors or trueborn and if you have warriors or trueborn in the list then the Duke "has" to start with them so in this instance, some opponents can have an issue with putting him in with the Incubi. Personally, no big deal other than the Duke doesn't really do much for the Incubi in the first place as the unit has no offensive grenades. As for the option of Deepstriking, taking the Duke for that is not recommended as that tactic doesn't work well in 5th edition very well - it is a cool idea but if you are not planning to deepstrike ever then again, the Duke loses his worth and why take him. Also, putting him in with the Incubi is also wastes the Duke's special poison ability as the incubi have no such use.

My suggestion, drop the Duke. I know he is cool and the reason for playing the army but you asked about the Duke and the Incubi. I say a regular Archon with an agoniser, combat drugs, shadowfield and PGL (Phantasm Grenade Launcher) would benefit the Incubi more. The PGL would give the squad offensive and defensive grenades, a higher leadership and better stats for just about everything and for 5 points cheaper to boot!

If you really want to keep the Duke in the list I would either:

Drop a Trueborn to make room for the Duke to sit in,

or

Drop a warrior and let the Duke's poison ability have some use with all that splinter weaponry.

I would also consider adding another wych squad (trading a warrior squad) but is a major change that will cause a list overhaul.

Those are just my thoughts on your HQ choice.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, I like the idea of dropping a warrior for a wych, think I wuld benefit from my army being i more balanced. Now for HQ, I have thought about taking duke out and make arrangments for vect ( cause vect is a dog)and I think he'd fit good in the list to. And ill have to put in mind the extra upgrade on the boats or use an archon, ill post up a new list later tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) Archon with agoniser, combat drugs, Phantasm gernade launcher, shadow field. and 4 incubi ina venom with a splinter cannon (298pts)
    2.)10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    3.)10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    4.)5 warriors, sybarire, ina venom with splinter cannon (120pts)
    5.)10 wyches, 2 gauntlets, hekatrix, power weapon ona raider with FF (210pts)
    6.)10 wyches, 2 gauntlets, hekatrix, venom blade ona raider with FF (205pts)
    7.)5 trueborn with 4 blasters on a venom with a splinter cannon (185pts)
    8.)6 reavers with 2a cluster caltrops (172pts)
    9.) Jetfighter with cannon and FF (165pts)
    10.) Ravager with FF (115pts)

Alright, changed a few things, took duke out and put the archon in, also had to make a warrior group down from 10 to 5, then swaped a warrior for a wych.
    this is 1850 right on the dot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

What is your Razorwing equipped with? Since you gave it a splinter cannon I'd assume you went with disintegrators. Either way I'd rate your list as dangerously low on Anti-Tank capability. By my count you've got 7 (or 9 if the Razorwing has them) Dark Lances, and 4 blasters (11-13 total). Your 5 man warrior squad isn't doing anything the rest of your army can't handle and you really need more AT.

Here's some minor swaps that'll help quite a bit. You've now got (16 lance/blasters, and 2 big wyche units with haywires)

Archon with agoniser, combat drugs, Phantasm grenade launcher, shadow field (145pts)
    4 incubi, venom with a splinter cannon (153pts)
    4 trueborn with 4 blasters, venom with a splinter cannon (173pts)
    10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    10 warriors, splinter cannon, sybarite, raider with FF and racks (190pts)
    10 wyches, haywires, hekatrix, agonizer, raider with FF (220pts)
    10 wyches, haywires, hekatrix, agonizer, raider with FF (220pts)
    6 reavers with 2 cluster caltrops (172pts)
    Jetfighter and FF (155pts)
    Ravager with FF (115pts)
    Ravager with FF (115pts)

Total - 1848

To go a bit further into your upgrades, your sybarites appear to be there only for the Ld boost, and splinter racks don't increase your damage output as much as you'd think, though they're good for avoiding freakishly bad rolls. Within rapid fire range:
    w/o racks: 22 shots = 14.67 hits = 7.33 wounds before armor/cover
    w/ racks: 22 shots = 18.67 hits = 9.33 wounds before armor/cover

To swap around some upgrades a bit more (without any more unit changes):

Archon with agoniser, combat drugs, Phantasm grenade launcher, shadow field (145pts)
    4 incubi, klaivex, venom with a splinter cannon, grisly trophies (173pts)
    4 trueborn with 4 blasters, venom with a splinter cannon, grisly trophies (178pts)
    10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with FF, grisly trophies (175pts)
    10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with FF, grisly trophies (175pts)
    10 wyches, haywires, hekatrix, agonizer, raider, with FF, grisly trophies, sails (230pts)
    10 wyches, haywires, hekatrix, agonizer, raider, with FF, grisly trophies, sails (230pts)
    6 reavers with 2 heat lances (156pts)
    Jetfighter and FF (155pts)
    Ravager with FF (115pts)
    Ravager with FF (115pts)
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread