<1000 First battle 850 point army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

First battle 850 point army list

So I just got home after having my first real solo battle as Tau with a 850 point army list. What I used was

Commander
    Twin Linked Plasma
    Shield
    100 p

Crisis Suit
    Twin Linked Missile Pod
    Shield
    63 p

Crisis Suit
    Burst Cannon
    Missile Pod
    Shield
    65 p

12 Fire Warriors
    120 p

12 Fire Warriors
    120 p

10 Fire Warriors
    Devilfish
    180 p

Broadside
    Shas'vre
    Drone Controller
    2 Shield Drones
    110 p

8 Gun Drones
    96 p

Total 854 p

After the fight I was thinking of removing the Gun Drones, and maybe 2 Fire Warriors per group and add Kroot for those points. Anyone got any other tips on how to improve this list? The crisis Suits and Commander has the weapons the previous owner models on them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Not a fan of burst cannons, so I wouldn't suggest those on crisis suits. Stick to the Fireknife and Deathrain builds, as they are reliable and offer the most versatility.

For Troops I'd run one unit of fire warriors (6) in a devilfish and the rest with a unit or two of Kroot.

You need to purchase a suit system with your broadside. I wouldn't take the 'vre upgrade and just get a drone controller with a shield drone or two.

And gundrones are an oddball unit. Most people don't like them, but they can be useful. Deepstriking behind enemy armor, luring raged enemies away, or just jumping down field to block a unit or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with a lot of what Savage is saying. Drop the burst cannon and pick up a plasma rifle instead. Also, shield generators are a cool idea, but i dont think they're that widely used. The suit's save is already pretty good, and at this point value you're probably not going to be taking a ton of shots that would utilize the shield generator's save. That said, I'd take a multitracker, so you're able to shoot both weapons in the same phase (you'll also have an improved chance at taking out any low AP units before you'd even need the shield generator anyway then). Firewarriors are overpriced and not that great in the current metagame, so using them minimally is recommended. With that said, I'd stick with a 6-man squad in a simple devilfish. A unit of kroot with a few hounds would be good. After that, you'll probably have some points left over which should be spent on another suit (i'd recommend plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker). Jump-shoot-jump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Just got home from a second match! I desided to make a new list to try so I threw together this list in a few minutes.

Commander
    Fusion Blaster
    Plasma Rifle
    Multi-Tracker
    87 p

Crisis Suit
    Burst Cannon
    Misile Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    50 p

Crisis Suit
    Burst Cannon