<2000 Saim-Hann Eldar List (1750pts of old-fashioned Eldar) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saim-Hann Eldar List (1750pts of old-fashioned Eldar)

Do you remember the old days when Eldar ruled the skies? When Vypers and jetbikes were roaming in the air killing and slaining everything? Do you feel nostalgia for the Wild Host which is slowly fading away?
    I actually feel this way so tried to figured out a list that could be competitive enough to win tournaments as well as depict the fast nature of the one of the most feared Eldar craftworld ''The Saim-Hann Eldar''.
    Here it is:

HQ:

Farseer/Jetbike/Singing Spear/RoW/SS/Fortune/Guide 178
    4 Warlocks/4Jetbikes/Enhance/Embolden/4 Singing Spears 212

Troops

6 Guardians Jetbikes/2 Shuriken Cannons 152

Fast Attack

2 Vypers/2 Scatter Lasser/2 Shuriken Cannons 140

Heavy Support

Fire Prism/Holofields/SS 160

The idea is not 100% mine in fact I was inspired by a guy named Fritz whose videos can be found in Youtube. Although his skills are formidable I decided to do some changes to his list (in fact a lot) in order to keep it a bit more shooty and reliable.
    The Council's upgrades are not standard but change depending on the army I am facing. Against Orks I go with 3 Destructors.
    I have been playing with is list a lot but I haven't actually thought of posting it.So what do you think guys? How would you rate this list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list above seems well rounded. 3 Fire prisms seem like enough anti tank if need be and you could always make one a night spinner if need be for fighting swarms like Orks or Nids. For the sake of fluff you may want to put Shining Spears in there. Always take 5 and an exarch you won't regret him. Withdraw prevents you from being trapped in assault. Their lances are basically bright lances just close combat style. They'll pop a tank easily and terminators won't be having a nice day either. Also don't give the exarch a power weapon. The lance upgrade. Can't remember name. Anyways Im glad someone decided to make a Jet bike list.
    Blood Runs. Anger Rises. Death Wakes. War Calls!
    Eldar craftworld project in progress- making fluff/background
    Blood Angels side project

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutarchThurmond View Post
    The list above seems well rounded. 3 Fire prisms seem like enough anti tank if need be and you could always make one a night spinner if need be for fighting swarms like Orks or Nids. For the sake of fluff you may want to put Shining Spears in there. Always take 5 and an exarch you won't regret him. Withdraw prevents you from being trapped in assault. Their lances are basically bright lances just close combat style. They'll pop a tank easily and terminators won't be having a nice day either. Also don't give the exarch a power weapon. The lance upgrade. Can't remember name. Anyways Im glad someone decided to make a Jet bike list.
    I love Shining Spears it's true that they can do miracles when facing MEQ. And their cost isn't that much given the CC bump they give in the army. They only bad thing about them is that they take up a fast attack slot which is occupied by the Vypers. If only they could be moved in the Elites choice....

As for the Night Spinner I take one when facing horde armies and sometimes when facing GK. It's true that the Prism can insta-kill a Paladin or two but the Night Spinner can slow them down for some crucial moments and buy me some time to focus on the rest of my opponent's army.
    Last edited by MrRe-roll; March 7th, 2012 at 21:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm away from my codex right now but can't you put 3 Vypers in a squad? If not you can still take the shining spears in Lieu of the Vypers. Kitted out with some shuriken cannons they would be a valuable asset to your list. You currently have only one viable melee squad. Don't forget the warlocks are also free to leave the farseer at any time. The shining spears are going to be necessary if you want to knock out a land raider or battle wagon or monolith too. While true you could combine beams from 2 or 3 fire prisms the lances will do a better job vs AV14 and still free up your fire prisms for popping rhinos or slaying infantry. Remember your list is more mobile than any other. You get 6 inches no matter what In the assault phase so pop out shoot and dive into cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutarchThurmond View Post
    I'm away from my codex right now but can't you put 3 Vypers in a squad? If not you can still take the shining spears in Lieu of the Vypers. Kitted out with some shuriken cannons they would be a valuable asset to your list. You currently have only one viable melee squad. Don't forget the warlocks are also free to leave the farseer at any time. The shining spears are going to be necessary if you want to knock out a land raider or battle wagon or monolith too. While true you could combine beams from 2 or 3 fire prisms the lances will do a better job vs AV14 and still free up your fire prisms for popping rhinos or slaying infantry. Remember your list is more mobile than any other. You get 6 inches no matter what In the assault phase so pop out shoot and dive into cover.
    Yes Vypers can be taken in squads of 3 but it I think it's a waste. I play them in squadrons of 2 to grab easier cover saves from terrain so having 3 would be a lot more difficult to hide them.Plus they can devide their shooting into more targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while thats a good point you could either drop 2 vypers for shining spears or drop elsewhere and combine the vypers into 2 squads of 3 then take them. Spears arent necessary but id say some more anti melee is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i may try this list out it seems very very interesting. and would be annoying for an enemy to fight. when a foot slogging army puts their models down and realises youve got all bikes that can just kite him round the board he wont be too pleased DEFFINALTY swap 2 vypers for shining spears and put the other 2 vypers in 2 squads of 3. I would take one prism out and use the points for another 3 warlocks in the squads of jet bikes. then if you need a quick anti tank the singing spears in the jet bikes unit will do the job

Im not very experienced it was just a thought so shoot me down if you like .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MN22 View Post
    i may try this list out it seems very very interesting. and would be annoying for an enemy to fight. when a foot slogging army puts their models down and realises youve got all bikes that can just kite him round the board he wont be too pleased DEFFINALTY swap 2 vypers for shining spears and put the other 2 vypers in 2 squads of 3. I would take one prism out and use the points for another 3 warlocks in the squads of jet bikes. then if you need a quick anti tank the singing spears in the jet bikes unit will do the job

Im not very experienced it was just a thought so shoot me down if you like .
    Although I agree on the effectiveness of the Shining Spears I found that adding 2-3 Warlocks on the main squad would be a bad investment. You see the squad itself costs about 400 pts. So it would be useless to add more models as it is mainly a "distracting unit" you want to shoot your council in order to maintain the firepower of your rest of your army.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Thought Saimhann didn't use farseers but instead used a jetbike based hq.
    It would probably be more accurate to take an autarch counts as.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astantia View Post
    Thought Saimhann didn't use farseers but instead used a jetbike based hq.
    It would probably be more accurate to take an autarch counts as.
    His Farseer has a jetbike, so he is using a jetbike-based HQ.

BTW, nice list m8!
    The 6'' jetbike jump can be really tricky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast