<1000 750pt Tau Army List - review and need help finishing. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

750pt Tau Army List - review and need help finishing.

Hi all,

Basically I made this army list from the comments I got in a recent thread, and I would like it reviewed and suggestions on how to finish it please

HQ

Shas'O - PR & MP, MT, Stim injectors - 122

Shas'Vre Bodyguard - PR & MP, MT - 72

Troops

12 FWs - 'Ui, Fish Transport with SMS & Disruption Pod -215

12 Kroot - 6 Hounds - 120

3 Stealth Suits - Team Leader - 95

HH Gunship - Railgun & Burst Cannons - 150

Total - 774

Obviously for a 750 army this is overbudget, so what would you suggest for knocking the points down? I was thinking of dropping the 'O to an 'El, which would do it perfectly, but I'm open to other suggestions

Other than that what do you think? It's supposed to be a mech/hybrid force, but the general idea is to infiltrate both the space chickens and the stealth suits together, and then use both units to support each other (Kroot as a CC deterrant, Stealths as some shooting oomph). Originally I had tried to get 6 Stealths, which would throw out 18 shots a turn, but they were just too expensive.

Fire Warriors are there to basically go forward and rapid fire the enemy via the Fish of Fury tactic really... not much else to it, Suits do the ol' JSJ routine, picking off initially the enemy transports with their missiles and once thats done/if there aren't any, targetting tougher enemies to force wounds through either AP or high str wounds.

Railgun HH does what all Railguns do... blow up enemy tanks, again failing that, i'll use it in its anti-horde variety, and use the submunition rounds.

So yeah, C&C and suggestions please

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I'd defenitely drop the 'O to an 'El, stim injectors could be dropped as well really

If you're not buying HW-MTs and targetting arrays for the bodyguards, there's no point in paying the extra points for them, just buy them from the elites slot instead, I'd also drop the stealth suits in favour of more crisis suits (maybe deathrains)

I'd change the devilfish's weapon to gun drones instead of SMS and give the hammerhead a pod and MT

You could also split the FWs into 2 squads of 6, one squad stays embarked in the fish for a scoring vehicle, the other camps a home objective, if you need to scrape some points somewhere, you can drop the kroot to 10 instead of 12 and drop some hounds

In fact, for 750, I think I'd run this:

El - MP, PR, TA, HW-MT

2 x XV8 - MP, PR, MT
    2 x XV8 - TL-MP, TA

6 FW
    10 kroot

4 pathfinders, fish

railhead - pod, MT, burst cannons

FWs nick the pathfinders fish, while the pathfinders provide ML support for the BS3 fireknives

I really dont see the point of infiltrating tau units, all your doing is putting your units (which are crap in assault) closer to the enemy, and against anything with a 4+ or better save you're not going to kill that many of them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

95 (x2)

Thanks

I've done a slightly modified list now. What do you think?

HQ

'El - PR & MP, HW MT, TA - 97

'Vre Bodyguard - PR & MP, HW MT, TA - 82

Troops

12 FWs - 'Ui with Bonding Knife - 135

10 Kroot - 6 Hounds - 100

6 Pathfinders - Fish with MT, DP, SMS - 175

HH Gunship - Railgun, MT, DP, Burst Cannons - 165

Thoughts on that? For the Pathfinders I was just planning on sitting them at the back, providing ML support for everything else, using the fist to transport the FWs, Head to blow stuff up, and kroot as a CC deterrant/chargers.

Thanks

I've also put this on SecondSphere, so because I'm getting different advice, I might not be following it to the letter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I Like it, could probably split the FW squad to two squads of 6 still, dropping the 'ui and the bonding knife

gives another scoring unit for holding backfield while the other hides in the backfield, potentially objective squatting

Don't think you hvae enough suits, but it can be tight to squeeze them in at this points level, ultimately, they're our best unit, I always try to squeeze as many in as possible

+ Reply to Thread