<2000 1750 Current DE build - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

1750 Current DE build

Thanks to the size of my DE army and my inability to fit large boxes in my bag on college days means that I don't get to play around with my DE as much as I would like, and I am therefore still playtesting what really works for me. I am planning on getting the parts for 2 units of 3 Beastmasters with 5 Khymerae and 4 Flocks, but for now my list is this. Please give me some C&C, it is the best part of this forum.

HQ
    Lady Malys

Troops
    10 Warriors - Blaster, SC, Raider, FF, NS - 195
    5 Warriors - Blaster, Venom, 2x SC, NS - 135

Elites
    4 Trueborn - 4 Blasters, Venom, 2x SC, NS - 183
    8 Bloodbrides - Haywires, Syren, Ago, Raider, FF, NS, Trophies - 235

Heavy Support
    Ravager - NS - 115
    Ravager - NS - 115
    Ravager - NS - 115

Total - 1748

Wasn't sure about Bloodbrides, may drop them for Wracks with a Haemy, may include Reavers, still am not sure. I'm prepping for thursday, as my local "Vet's Night" is on, and I'm hopefully going to play Foot-Purifiers GK and Dual Warrior Blob 'Crons, but this list is more an all rounder, however, I think I can deal with both lists. Thanks in advance.
    NMP

Last edited by Non Marine Player; March 12th, 2012 at 19:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Im going to break my recommendations into 2 parts. The first will keep most of the list as is, with a few tweaks, and the 2nd will be a much bigger change, to make it more of a beatstick.

First off, I would take the bloodbrides and make them regular wyches. The extra attack is not worth them being non-scoring and the extra points. This should free up points for FF on the ravagers, who honestly need it the most. Find points for a haemie for the wyches as this dramatically increases their longevity. Maybe make the trueborn x3 instead of x4.

Ok for the big revision. Still move the wyches to troops and drop Malys, replace with a naked haemie. If you still feel like you need a CC HQ for the wyches I would recommend a Succubus with Agonizer, but you shouldn't need it. I would drop the 3 warrior units down two x5 with a blaster. This allows you to put them in venoms. this should allow you to get some more trueborn in transports. x3 is generally enough (makes them mini ravagers). If you want to keep them in Raiders and don't want to bring more trueborn, some x5 Scourges with x2 SC could fill the role as well. Both of these options allow you to have each unit dedicated to a particular task instead of having mulitiple units that are trying to do 2 seperate things.

Remeber DE are fragile, so its better to have alot of targets and make your opponent really work to shut down your offensive capability then to give them any juicy individual targets that can reduce your abilities significantly if lost.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Thanks for the input, I'll keep this in mind for future list designs. Unfortunately for the moment I am skint, so I have 6 Raiders (4 built), 3 Venoms and 3 Ravagers to use, and I'm going to have to deal with that for now. However, we're a friendly bunch and don't mind proxies, so this shouldn't be a problem. As for the easier to perform changes, the change from bloodbrides to wyches saves me 24 points, so dropping the FF or NS from their Raider will give me the points for the Ravager's FFs. I would like to try Malys out, the re-deploying is somethng I would like to mess around with, but I'll give a Haemy a go after a few games.

I see how the massed Venoms work, and they do, very well, that's undisputable, but I feel that the Raider squad is not there to attempt to multi-task. I feel that they do anti-infantry well, but have the potential for anti-tank, rather than being more dedicated such as the Venom squads. I'll put down a 'to try' list here as well that includes your suggestions however, as I have never truly tried Venom spam and think it will be quite fun(ny):

HQ
    Haemy

Troops
    8 Wyches - Hekatrix, Ago, Raider, NS - 180

Elites
    3 Trueborn - 3 Blasters, Venom, 2x SC, NS - 156

Heavy Support
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125

Total - 1748

That list will not make me very many friends =P However, there are some who will like the challenge. At any rate, the actual list of this thread will include FF's on all the Ravagers by downgrading the Bloodbrides to Wyches and removing their Grisly Trophies. I'll take the first change and try the second at a later date.
    NMP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Friends?! Dark eldar don't need friends just victims!

Best to give the wyches raider FF over NS if you have to choose just one. On expanding the list at 1850 its worth considering dropping one warrior squad to add a beastpack.

+ Reply to Thread