<1000 1000 pts and no vehicles and no guardians challenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts and no vehicles and no guardians challenge

For fluff purposes, I am making a small force. Everyone is based with a very detailed hive city theme. 1000 points. And eventually another of 1500, but don't worry about that.

It cannot have vehicles or any type of skimmer. It cannot have war walkers. It cannot have guardians or storm guardians. It cannot have the avatar.

It must have AT LEAST two squids of rangers/pathfinders. It must have warp spiders.

I personally dislike striking scorpions, for style-related reasons. Same with banshees.

I like the look of swooping hawks, but I know the general consensus is that they are a condition-specific unit.

I know this is very limiting, and probably very awkward, but that's what makes it interesting.

Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at this footslogging list that I have made and make all the changes you find necessary.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...mpetitive.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRe-roll View Post
    Take a look at this footslogging list that I have made and make all the changes you find necessary.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...mpetitive.html
    All the changes I find necessary is the reason I've posted this question.

After all, that list doesn't really fit the challenge, now, does it? There are no rangers/pathfinders, and the troops are made up entirely of guardians. There's an avatar in the HQ and scorpions in elites. Your list is probably fine for you, but it's not going to work for me. "Changing that list as necessary" involves so many swaps of units that aren't on it that you might as well start from scratch...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 144 View Post
    All the changes I find necessary is the reason I've posted this question.

After all, that list doesn't really fit the challenge, now, does it? There are no rangers/pathfinders, and the troops are made up entirely of guardians. There's an avatar in the HQ and scorpions in elites. Your list is probably fine for you, but it's not going to work for me. "Changing that list as necessary" involves so many swaps of units that aren't on it that you might as well start from scratch...
    What I was trying to say is that you should have done all the neccessary changes.For instance swap Guardians with Rangers.Anyway I think that I can do this for you but I warn you that this kind of list will struggle against...anyone

HQ

Autach/Warp Jump Generator/Fusion Gun/PW/Mandiblasters 125

Troops

5 Rangers 95
    5 Rangers 95
    5 Rangers 95

Fast Attack

5 Warp Spiders/Exarch/Dual Spinners/Power Blades 137 (Autarch goes here)
    5 Warp Spiders/Exarch/Dual Spinners/Power Blades 137

Heavy Support

Wraithlord/Dual Flamers/EML/Bright lance 155
    Wraithlord/Dual Flamers/EML/Bright lance 155

Ok I think that is all I can do. The Wraithlords are equiped with anti-tank weapons to deal with tanks.They are T8 and in 1000 pts games there are little S8 or higher weapons. Rangers are mainly for objective grabbing as I don't think it's likely to cause any serious damage. They key to the list are the Spiders with the Autach. If played well you will be able to deal with MEQ as both squads have PW and the Autach is a real pain cause when he charges his dish out 5 WS6 PW attacks even with S3 he will kill a handfull of SM.In addition he has a Fusion Gun just in case.

Good luck.
    Last edited by MrRe-roll; March 17th, 2012 at 20:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Ok, this is kind of fun:

HQ

Farseer 150 pts
    Runes of Witnessing+Warding
    Spirit Stones
    Guide, Fortune

Troops

10 Wraithguard 390 pts
    Warlock w. Conceal

5 Pathfinders 120 pts

5 Pathfinders 120 pts

Fast Attack

8 Warp Spiders 218 pts
    Exarch w. Power blades, 2x Death spinners, Withdraw

My god, some of our units are so overpriced...
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one seems pretty good... perhaps. I wonder, though, since non of the elites are filled, why not reduce the number of wraithguards slightly... a downsize from 10 to 7 (still a sizeable force) would free up 105 points, with which I could take on a reasonably sized unit of some other type for either added versatility or firepower... What do you think?

+ Reply to Thread