<1000 1000 point casual list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point casual list

Being new to minis wargaming, and 40k in specific I thought I would post an army here to see if there's any thoughts/suggestions on how to improve tactics/build.

Overlord - Phaeron, Warscythe, MSS, Res Orb (165)

5 Lychguards - Hyperphase Swords, Dispersion Shield (225)

9 Warriors, Ghost Ark (232)

10 Immortals (170)

3 Canoptek Scarabs (45)

1 Annihilation Barge (90)

Harbinger of Destruction - Gaze of Flame (45)

Harbinger of Eternity (25)

Total - 997 points.

Overlord with the 9 warriors in the Ghost Ark
    Both Harbingers with the Lychguard.
    Scarabs to harass and tie up melee units
    Anni Barge to blow away vehicles/troops

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need those Harbingers with the Lychguard. You should take a Necron Lord with WS, ResOrb and MS Scarabs or a Veil-Tek instead.
    Throw the Scarabs, only 3 bases are not a big deal. They will die quickly if targeted by anything and even if they get a charge to a vehicle that moved only 6'' or less, they won't even get to glance it.
    -If you take the Necron Lord with the Lychguard, get a WS/Command Barge Overlord instead of the ResOrb footy one. The 3 sweep attacks that he can perform during the movement phase are awesome. Oh, and give your Immortals Tesla. Assault weapons will be better now that you don't have the Phaeron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, with this plan, I will need to get a second Command Barge (Not that I mind, I REALLY like the unit).

As for swapping the Immortals to Tesla Carbines, any reason other than they're Assault weapons? I'm not a fan of Necron Assaulting, especially with the more shooty unit like the Immortals. That, and the models are already built with the Gauss Blasters, too

I do really like the Lord/WS/MSS grouped with the Lychguard... definitely gonna revise the list for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assault weapons are not just for shooting and then charging the same unit. They are often preferred to rapid fire weapons due to their ability to fire from afar. For example, Immortals w/Tesla Carbines can move 6'' and then fire at 24'', which is a 30'' potential threat range. One the other hand, Immortals w/Gauss Blasters can either (1)remain stationary and fire at 24'' or (2)move and fire twice at 6''+12''=18''.
    (1): 10 Tesla Immortals cause, on average, 10 S5 AP- hits (6.66 normal hits + 1.33x2 extra hits).
    10 Gauss Immortals cause, on average, 6.66 S5 AP4 hits.
    In addition, Tesla Immortals have a +6'' potential threat range and can charge the same unit that they shot. In this case, Tesla is superior.

(2) Again, 10 Tesla Immortals cause, on average, 10 S5 AP- hits
    10 Gauss Immortals cause, on average, 13.33 S5 AP4 hits.
    In this case, Gauss Immortals are superior because of the bigger amount of hits, better AP and the ability to glance/stunlock vehicles.

However, if your immortals get to fire their rapid fire shots, that implies that its very likely for them to get charged on the opponents turn. What is more, a Necron army needs the long range shooting Tesla can offer during the first turns to get an early advantage. Due to Solar Pulses and Necron durability, if you maximize your early damage output, you have a huge advantage over your opponent's forces.

Some people like Phaeron Overlords with their casual Troop units, which could possibly work for Gauss Immortals. However, I strongly believe that Overlords embarked to Command Barges have a lot more to offer to your army than a little boost to your shooting.

All things considered, Tesla Immortals are better than Gauss if you field a single squad of them without any Overlord to make them Relentless. However, if you buy your immortals a Night Scythe or a Cryptek with Veil of Darkness, Gauss is the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, ok. That makes a lot of sense. I really like the Veil... and I think in a higher point game I'm likely to have the Varguard and a Veiltek each with their own squads for lots of fun

But thanks a lot for the awesome explanation. I may convert my Immortals over to Tesla...

+ Reply to Thread