<1000 1000pts Looking at Starting Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

1000pts Looking at Starting Nids

HQ-

Hive Tyrant- Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Wings, Hive Commander, Paroxyism, Leech Essence

Elites-

2 Hive Guard

2 Zoanthropes- Mycetic Spore

Troops-

1 Tervigon- Catalyst

16 termagaunts

16 hormagaunts- Toxin Sacs

Fast Attack-

16 Gargoyles

I've never played Nids so Im not sure how this all comers list is going to perform. But the plan is run the Tyrant with the Gargoyle wing to screen him and throw them into a nice soft target. The Tervigon, termigaunts, and Hive guard stick to objective holding and shooty support. Zoes are for those A-holes that take LR's and Monoliths at 1000pts. And lastly the Hormagaunts either hang back and provide counter assualt for the Tervigon or catch up with the Tyrant wing to back them up.

Thoughts, figure I can make this with 2 battleboxes and a few other purchaces?

Last edited by Laughing God; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:11.
    2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

Sything talons -> on hit one random enemy model becomes a sith lord?
    Proxyism -> if you are using proxies, you can double them for free? (only once)
    Leech essance -> a brand new French perfume? Leech flavour?
    Zoenthropes -> some kind of 40k revisitation of an animation device? reference
    Mysetic -> is this linked with sith lords too? maybe their spaceship?
    Termigaunts -> Termagants with Terminator armour (2+ save) ?

Sorry, i couldn't resist.
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Thank you... most productive :/. No i didn't have the codex in front of me and Im terrible at memorizing the names of Tyranids
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it looks like a good list. I might scratch the Hormagaunts, give toxin sacs and adrenal glands to the gargoyles. Then if you have the points remaining up the number of gants and gargoyles too if possible

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Oh wow, a Hive Tyrant at 1000 points, that sure is brave (or perhaps foolish?). If you want to keep it get rid of the Hive Commander (not worth it for one brood) and buy yourself a pair of TL Devourers in place of a set of Scything Talons. With the spare 10 points, buy your Tervigon Toxin Sacs.

You won't see too many Land Raiders at this points level so I'd recommend swapping that Zoanthrope brood with a brood of two Hive Guard. Add Adrenal Glands to your Tervigon.

Now although Hormagaunts are a cool unit to have, they're rather unviable in comparison the buffed Termagant/Tervigon combination, so I'd sincerely recommend ditching those. This leaves you with 210 points. You could either:
    1) Divvy up the number of Termagants in your other brood, buy another Tervigon of the same build and buy Termagant brood.
    2) Ditch the Flyrant, give yourself a Prime and build out your Termagant squads (assuming you buy another Tervigon of the same build as well). You may even want to consider the Parasite of Mortrex as your HQ. If you have a Prime I'd suggest ditching the Gargoyles as well, but if you have the Parasite it's all good, and give them AG/TS if you do keep them.

Just some suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I think the Parasite could be fun, but what would be the point of a Prime? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just make one of the Tervigons an HQ if Im going to be taking 2 anyway. Guess what Im saying is why settle on a mediocre HQ when I'll be taking a better one anyway?

Ok so drop Tyrant, drop Hormagaunts, Drop Zoans, and fill in with more Tervigons, Guants, and Hive guard? my... how boring lol but if thats what works Ill post a new list up soon.
    Last edited by Laughing God; April 6th, 2012 at 06:55.
    3000pts Tyranids

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Just a suggestion. Primes don't really suit this list as well as they could. Do what you like.

+ Reply to Thread