Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey guys, so as it says I'm a pretty new player. Familiar with 40k but have been more into modeling than playing so this is a first attempt for me. I'm looking for a list that will be fun to play and able to keep up with some more table hardened vets. My buddies play a whole range of stuff, so an all comers list would be good to learn how to play. Models aren't a big deal, I have a pretty good selection and a bit of a budget. Well, here goes:
Eldrad - 210
7 Banshees - 139
Wave serpent - 110
8 DA. -128 x 2
Wave serpent - 145 x 2
Fire prism -115 x2
War walker -40 x3
As is the list comes to 1355 I believe. At work so the numbers might be off as well. I'm not sure what exactly (if anything) I'm missing, so I've drawn a blank on what to finish with.
I was thinking I could fit an avatar or Yriel in there, or just add upgrades throughout. 7 scorpions, a few fire dragons and a ride, pathfinders or even 3 shining spears, maybe a DAVU Serpent.Any thoughts?
Last edited by FatBandit; April 6th, 2012 at 01:19. Reason: Format was messed up
Well my phone doesn't seem to care for how I had it set up, I'll edit it once I get home to a computer
1) i dont think you need 7 banshees. 5 banshees are cheeper and with doom and eldrad attached, they can kill most non-dedicated assault units. Also acrobatic is pointless.
2) dire avengers at this point in 5th ed are just a 60 point scoring upgrade to a vehicle... their shooting just doenst do enough damage and doesnt hurt things you need to hurt (like tanks). i would take basic squads of 5 and try to get more in more wave serpents.
3) at 1500 points you need at the very very least three scoring units.
4) bright lances arent really worth it at 1500 points. go with EML or just shuriken cannons to save points. you shouldnt run into that much 13 and 14 armor at 1500 pints and fire dragons in a wave serpent are a better AT investment.
4) i dont think fire prisms are worth it in 5th ed because of cover saves. but, they still kind work and if you really want them you can have them.
5) Eldrad is good, but i dont really think you need him in this list. I think just a normal doom seer and Yriel would be better.
Last edited by kkedlar123; April 12th, 2012 at 02:26.