Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've been working on a list that's competative enough to win but still friendly, here's what i came up with
3 units of 2 hive guard 300
2 tervigons with catalyst and onslaught-190x2=380
23 gaunts divided into 2 units-115
2 units of 7 toxin stealers with a broodlord with scytals 167x2=334
2 units of 3 biovores
Thinking about doing the 3 extra gaunts and a few gargoyles to get ag and ts on them. They deep strike with the parasite, mawloc was added cuz i had 170 extra and o had the model. Everything else is pretty straight forward, although I'm partial to doing the mawloc for 2 zoanthropes in a pod and make the hive guard 2 units of 3. Lemme know what yall think, also this was typed on my phone do let me know if it doesn't make sense.
A nice easy list. I like it. I few things though:
That should give you a 1852 (just working generally in my head, it might be a bit off) point list. The above is just some suggestions but if you did follow them you would have a much better core of a list (and should be much more fun and coherent as well, giving both you and your opponent a better game).
- The Biovores don't particularly fit with the army theme. I'd suggest a Harpy with TL HVCs in their place for more anti-tank and to fit in with the theme of fast nids, and would generally serve you better.
- You can only cast one psychic power a turn, and seeing as FNP is worth a lot more than running and shooting at the same time, then you don't need onslaught. Now you have the 40 points required to buy yourself the much needed TS/AG for both of your Tervigons.
- Broodlords aren't really needed, and extra genestealers are generally better than the one upgraded stealer. Replace each Broodlord with two Genestealers.
- Your Gargoyles need some encouragement. Be a nice guy and buy them AG/TS. Pay for this with your left over points and two Termagants.
- I won't comment on your Mawloc. Just don't blame anyone else if you find it to be a waste of points in your game, which is just as likely as it taking out a Terminator squad worth a lot more than itself.
EDIT: just re-read your post, and two Zoanthropes in a Spore would make be a much safer (and potentially more useful) alternative to a Mawloc. That then means you can increase the size of your Termagant squads by one each!
Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; April 8th, 2012 at 11:51.
Alright re-worked the list took in what you had to say, biovores were there just cuz i wanted to try them but i did drop the mawloc and broodlords. But also i realize that fnp out weighs onslaught but i took it cuz i wanted to be able to move run then fire with my hive guard for faster opponents like DE. So here's my new list.
2 units of 3 Hive guard 300
2 zoanthropes in a pod 160
2 tervigons same as before
21 gaunts broken into 2 units
2 units of 8 toxin stealers
19 gargoyles ag+ts
Totals out at 1849 if my math serves me. Now how's it look?
Hmm, better, but the Harpies need Heavy Venom Cannons.
I was looking at those compared to their standard guns and with a bs of 3 the larger blast will still hopefully hit some models a opposed to the small blast. Also i would be using the cluster spines i think...the one with the large blast so 2 large blasts every turn i think its worth a shot. Not counting the spire mine cysts.
Last edited by hbomb1; April 10th, 2012 at 13:33. Reason: spelling
Really go with the Venom Cannon. Even with BS of 3 you have a 1/3 chance to hit on target, verse vehicles, you still have the same chance of getting the little hole over the vehicle. The Str 9 is great for the surprise instant death for multi wound models. The Strangle Thorn Cannon may be better on paper but in experience, I'm going to have to Back Warlord on this. As you said, you already have a large blast for hoards with the Cluster Spines.
Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.
That's true haven't looked at it that way, just need to find 20 points somewhere probably drop a gaunt and a stealer, leaves me with 3 points left over I'll try it out someone soon, just gotta convert the harpies.