<2000 Foot support and Veil Shenanigans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot support and Veil Shenanigans

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please bare with me. I've tried many lists so far (all of which have been very successful in my close circle of friends), but I have been looking to branch out from the generic and start with some new ideas (preferably new uses for crypteks). Here's what I have so far

HQ:

Overlord (Phylactery, orb, scythe, MS scarabs, Phaeron) 180

Overlord (Barge) 180

Court:

1 Destructek (Gaze of flame and Solar Pulse) 75

2 Veilteks 120

2 Stormteks (Lighting Field) 70

2 Lords (MS Scarabs, Void Blade, Orb) 80

Troops:

20 Warriors 260
    (Overlord and Destructek go here)

10 Warriors 130
    (1 Veiltek and 1 Stormtek go here)

10 Warriors 130
    (1 Veiltek and 1 Stormtek go here)

10 Immortals (Tesla) 170
    (Lord goes here)

10 Immortals (Tesla) 170
    (Lord goes here)

Fast Attack:

5 Scarabs 75

5 Scarabs 75

Heavy Support:

Monolith 200

TOTAL: 1995

Okay, so the whole point of this list is to march forward with 3 blobs of infantry and use the veil/storm squads to mess with tanks as they seem to be a thorn in my side as I love troops and dislike abusing ghost arcs. The Command barge is for ruining transports or possibly sniping special characters (Plus it makes a neat distraction with its 4+ cover save) and the Monolith is mainly for mid-game teleporting/massive cover for footslogging troops (I am aware they are disliked, but I have had great results using them this way). The scarabs are added tank hunters and a possible walls late game to prevent my troops from getting into CC. Finally, I am aware of my lack of vehicle spam, but I'm short on money at the moment and I don't much care for the standard build. Sorry for the lengthy post, this is my first and any criticism is welcome! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I meant Hyperphase swords on the lords the point cost total for them should be 160

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I dont run the EXACT same list. But 2 Crypteks with Veil, 60 warriors 2 Anni Arks and a barge, with 21 scarabs. BE CAREFUL of CC armies like nids.
    Fleet is something evil, and having almost full squads Overrun SUCKS!
    I hope to hear how this works though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I figured this list would encounter problems from swarm armies, but thankfully I'm the only one in my group of 8 who uses swarm as my other two armies are nids and orks. My usual opponents are GK and IG so I have to deal with a ton of AV targets (Hence my love of anti-tank lists). I'll be using this list on friday, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I scrapped the 10 scarabs for a Triarch Stalker before we started, but long story short, I tabled GK! Although it was very obnoxious to attempt Draigo, 20 paladins, and 2 dreads, I ultimately used the twin-linked ability of the stalker to really make my shots count while picking off targets with the command barge on the side. Constantly teleporting and getting off some shots was also helpful, but more of a distraction in the long run, so I while I do give those units credit, they were merely for show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

I say this to everyone, think about dropping the monolith. I find them a waste of points, and not really that useful anymore. If you want non-generic try the scythe vehicles, i don't know how good they will work but it is something i think would be non-generic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Monolith did manage to insta-kill 3 paladins thanks to some terrible rolling, but I acknowledge their overall limited use. I mainly wanted moving cover and a way to get my units out of melee range, but just within 24 to spam tesla (Which worked very well). Granted, it was killed pretty easily by meltabombs, but I got what I wanted out of it thankfully. I'm taking it out for my next match though, I really do want to try out the nightscythe as it's capacity to carry lychguard (my favorite fluff unit) is very interesting. Sadly, I'll probably never take the doomscythe since every person I've talked to think it has the scariest weapon in the game, so that'd just get wiped before it could do much damage. Thanks for the advice though, in my next game scythes it shall be!

+ Reply to Thread