<2000 Help me make 2000 competitive points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me make 2000 competitive points

I was getting ready for this tournament with my very nice Tyranid list, but a lot of things came in the way and I didnt get to paint it all up (a tournament demand) one tervigon didnt even get assembled.
    As such I have to go with my Necrons if I want to participate. Albeit I haven't got much experience with the new codex and im not sure is I can make a competitive list of what I have.
    Now the reason I put it up here is to ask you people if and how I can make a competitive list of my models. Its due to hand in the armylist 30/4-2012 and you have to go with the same list through the tournament. Heres a list of what I have
    HQ
    1 Imotekh
    1 Dverlord
    1 Destroyer lord
    3 Lords
    2 Crypteks
    Elites
    5 Lychguard w/ sheild
    1 C'tan
    Troops
    76 Warriors
    1 Ghost ark
    9 Immortals w/ Blasters
    9 Immortals w/ Carbines (yes 9)
    Fast Attack
    3 Wraith
    11 Destroyers
    1 Heavy destroyer
    14 Canoptek spyders (more not assembled)
    Heavy Support
    2 Spyders (1 with gun but I think people are cool with it)
    1 Annihilation/Command barge
    2 Monolith

Its a big tournament (50 to 100 people) and ill guess a lot of marines as always. at least there was at the warm up matches. I was thinking something like this using imotekh:
    HQ - 660
    Imotekh
    Overlord w/WS, Res orb, Sempi weave, MSS, Paeron
    Royal court:1 Lord w/Warscythe, Mindshackle 1 Cryptek w/Eldrich stave, solar pulse
    Royal court: 1 Lord w/Warscythe, Res orb 1 Cryptek w/Eldrich stave, Solar pulse, gaze of flame
    Elite - 470
    1 c'tan w/Pyreshard, thunderbolt
    5 Lychguard w/Sword & Sheild
    Troops - 649
    9 Immortals w/blasters
    9 Immortals w/Carbines
    20 warriors
    5 Warriors
    Fast Attack - 130
    3 Wraith w/ 2x whipcoils, particle caster
    Heavy Support - 90
    1 Annihilation Barge

The plan is to put imotekh with blasters, Overlord with big warriors, Res orb Lord with Carbines, Cryptek with small warrior, Lychguards gets gaze Cryptek and mindshackle Lord. Its not alot of anti tank I know and I wonder if I should change the c'tan to 10 scarabs and 2 Spyders also im unsure if I should lose Res orb & mindshackle from Lords to give the Overlord a Phase shifter. anyway the best I could come up with. Is it viable and where to tweak it?

Last edited by Lapin_de_bois; April 25th, 2012 at 08:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

The hardest part if building around what you have. What i'm seeing you are trying to do is make sure that the opponent is stuck in night-fight for the game. Never tried this strategy, so my comments may be abit off for this style of play.

I would suggest to drop the warriors down to 15, 20 is too many and if you get overran, its alot to lose in 1 round. Move 4 over to the other warrior squad and buy the ghost ark. Use the unit as a support for the other warrior squad, and also lance from any point on the ark. Phase shifters, i find, are a waste of points and kindof unnessacary. If you are in combat, chances are that you will run and the lord will be overran. I2 doesn't make for very fast running. On your shard, the weapons don't really mix well. Anti-tank and infantry means that one will be waste each turn. Spent the extra 5 points and grab defensive/assault gernades. Helps when charged, found that out. Give the resorb to the lychguard, they will need it when they are in combat. 50% back up is way better that 33% chance. Scarabs are a risky thing if you know how to use them, and arn't worth it if you don't. Personally, i don't see the point of taking them over the shard if you don't know how to use them.

hope this helps, and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was indeed helpful, I must agree on the C'tan. building around the Ark changed the list a little, for the better?
    HQ
    Imotekh
    Overlord - same
    2 Lords - one with staff one with scythe, both res orb
    2 Crypteks - same
    Elite
    C'tan - Swarm, thunderbolt
    Lychguard - sheild
    Troops
    9 Immortals - Carbines
    15 Warriors
    1 Ghost Ark
    14 Warriors
    Fast
    3 Wraith - Whipcoil
    Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge

imotekh and staff Lord with 14 warriors. Overlord with 15 warriors. Immortals in Ghost Ark. Lychguards gets Warscythe Lord and gaze Cryptek. Last cryptek alone or with immortals, I wonder if I should shift him for Chronotek and MSS for warscythe Lord. Also would it be worth changing the Overlord to Zandrekh with special rule goodies? On a side note The Ghost Ark is a funny dedicated "transport" as its not really worth putting warriors "in" it.
    The Plan is to put the 15 warriors with Overlord in front of Imotekh's unit and if the 15 Warriors is looking to get overrun move the Overlord Imotekh's unit or The Immortals if out. Then shoot till it bleeds dead! hopefully theres not too many assualters out to get me
    Edit: Im in no way set on this list so if you have another idea, hit me.
    Last edited by Lapin_de_bois; April 26th, 2012 at 07:12.

+ Reply to Thread