<2000 1750 Dark Eldar Spam - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

1750 Dark Eldar Spam

Hello LO readers,

It has been some time since my last post, but I've secretly been eying those darkside eldar models and broke down and bought a few space-pirate ships to add to my collection.

I've been thinking of some list ideas to build as my first dark eldar army and would like some input from the community on building a lean shooty army.

Please take a looky and give me your thoughts:

HQ

Archon w/ Blaster + Ghostplate 85

Elite

3x Trueborn w/ Venom 2x Darklances 141

Troop

9x Warrior w/ Raider + Flickerfield 151

8x Warrior w/ Raider + Flickerfield 142

Heavy

1x Ravager 3 Darklance w/ Flickerfield 115

1750 pts

List is very redundant and shooty spam w/ 21 darklances + 3 splinter cannons + 56 Splinter Rifles + 12 Space-Pirate ships, noone on foot and a Blaster.

Tactics for this kind of list would be helpful.

Also, if anyone has tips on painting the lines on the Space-Pirate ships, let me know.

Thanks from a new-to-DE player,

Josh

"Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per
    n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah"

-Jonathan Davis "Twist", Why did I ever listen to this guy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

As far as a lean spammy shooty list goes there's not much to say. Personally I don't like Lance Trueborn, being static makes it too easy to avoid LoS or get cover from them. Some people swear by them though so it might just be a difference in play styles, but I much prefer blaster Trueborn.

What do you intend to do with this list? As in, is it for casual play, local RTTs, bigger GTs, etc.? I ask because this list is obviously 1-dimensional which makes it very match-up dependant. There's a couple of pretty common TAC builds that you'll have a lot of trouble with and in a bigger tournament you won't likely be able to avoid them all.

Some general concerns/observations about the list:
    -where is the 2nd Splinter Cannon for the trueborn venoms?
    -your anti-infantry power is ok, but it is very short ranged. As you have nothing even remotely good in CC, this can leave you vulnerable to assault when you try to use your AI.
    -any kind of entrenched infantry is going to be tough for you to push off of an objective (Basically anything in cover with either stealth, FnP, or numbers)
    -Your archon isn't adding much to the list, for 85 points I'd rather have an Agonizer Succubus so you can do something besides die in the assault phase.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for the comments B&O,

This list will be a friendly all comers list for play against friends.

It is my first shooty army.

In regards to the trueborn, would 1 lance 1 blaster be useful? The venom will have standard weaponry, so yhe unit will have 2 AI and 1 AA. I usually dont mix and match units loadouts like that but the transport comes with an AI so why not.

I plan to avoid whatever assaults are comming my way while sitting and shooting with the units who are not being threatened. I usually play assault oriented armies so my strategy will likely develop over time.

Thats my thought process anyway.

-Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I'm one of those hopeless backward children that swear by DL trueborn, so I'll back you on that decision. Like Bugs_n_Orks said though, a second SC on the venom makes it a much better AI platform and gives it a higher priority on the enemy target table. As far as mixing and matching trueborn, I don't personally like it, but that's partially a style choice. The nice thing about DE is that everyone here has their own opinion on exactly how to run literally everything and no two are exactly alike.
    I am moderately confused at the large quantities of warriors in raiders though. They're not doing much on their own, and they're not contributing to the list in a meaningful fashion. I'd split your troop choices 4+2, four units of warriors and drop two units for wracks in venoms or raiders, your choice. Wracks give you more staying power on objectives and are generally more useful for digging things out of cover. The rest of your warriors look lonely without at least a shredder or some kind of special weapon.
    As far as the HQ goes, I swear by haemonculi, especially in a shooting list. They're cheap, and can make units regret getting inside of flamer range.
    Again similar to what BnO said, you're probably going to want some kind of counter charge unit. Beasts are reasonably cheap, pretty effective, and can cover large amounts of ground quickly. Just food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks Mon,

I'll finish my wine and think on your suggestions.

Tomorrow i'll look at the list through fresh eyes, the HQ suggestion has already got me thinking.

I can tool up a second list and compare the two.

Maybe I'll get some painting done too

-Josh
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per

+ Reply to Thread