<1000 little army for a beginner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

little army for a beginner

my cousin want to start to play w40k and he has decided to use necrons.
    for now he need an army of 750 points ... could you suggests us an army list to begin with?
    thanks in advance for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at 750 points most armies will follow the basic lord on CCB with a healthy heart of warriors/immortals and some AB's

heres a list that seems common and rather solid

Overlord w/scythe, CC Barge

Destro teks x2

Warriors x10

Immortals w/telsa x10

Annihilation Barge x2

that comes to a grand total of 730 points

you can use the remainder 20 points to make some changes to the teks or upgrade your lord more

this list gives you a nice amount of troops, and if needed you can split them into 5 man squads if there are multiple obejctives
    your Olord and teks (which will sit in each squad) will target enemy armour and at such low points, your opponent wont be able to deal with AV13 very well

just an option

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

While I like the above list, I would actually suggest swapping out one of the annihilation barges for some wraiths or scarabs or deathmarks or ... well, anything else, really. And mix up the cryptek a little bit (ie: change one to a transmog.tek). It won't be as competitive as the above list, but it will add more variety for your cousin to play with and get a feel for some of the other units in the codex to see how he likes to play them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with above

change the list that i wrote a bit, i only recommended it as a basic aggressive list

if your cousin is looking for a fun list than drop a barge and as Klajorne said swap the barge out for some wraiths or scarab

maybe even drop the CCB and use the points with the dropped AB and get some different, unique units ie:triarchs, lych guard, flayed ones

again as Klajorne pointed out, mix things up a little and go for what you (or your cousin) think is cool and not just competative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks! we should try swapping a barge for some scarabs!
    for now, this will be a true "for fun army", so we'll try different kind of models (cryptek included )
    thanks for all the suggests

+ Reply to Thread