<2000 1500 Tremor-crons for Throne of Skulls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1500 Tremor-crons for Throne of Skulls

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

1500 Tremor-crons for Throne of Skulls

Hi guys, I was hoping you could give me some advice here. I'm intending to go to the Throne of Skulls this November, but I'm really undecided about which army of mine I want to take. The ones that I'll be considering are Necrons, DE, or one of Orks/Guard/Tau/Spehs Mareehns (Yes, my name is totally obselete now =P). My 'Crons, for those who don't know, are based around Writhing Worldscape, and I wanted to try them out at a proper tournament. As you can see, I'm leaving plenty of time to playtest and get things I may not have already, but here's what I'm going to start off playtesting with:

HQ
    Orikan
    Bargelord - 180
    Transmogtek - 30
    Transmogtek - 30
    Transmogtek - 30
    Destructek - Solar Pulse - 55
    Destructek - 35

Troops
    5 Warriors
    5 Warriors
    5 Warriors
    5 Warriors
    5 Warriors

Elites
    C'tan Shard - Writhing Worldscape, Lord of Fire - 230
    Triarch Stalker

Heavy Support
    Anni-Barge
    Anni-Barge
    Anni-Barge

Total - 1500

5 AV13 Vehicles, as well as forced dangerous terrain on all enemy units that move on the opponent's first turn. 1 Monstrous Creature that can deal with the odd drop pod. I can see my weaknesses in Reserves armies, where most of Orikan's use is moot, however I will still have my re-rollable reserves and temporary C'tan abilities. I feel this is a difficult list to make work at 1500, I know it works great at 1750-2000 and higher, but I'm going to see how it goes and see whether I can't make this work well. I'd appreciate any and all tips to refine the list, perhaps make it more sturdy on the infantry front. Thanks in advance =)
    NMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good list

have you taken flame on ctan for a purpose or just because its cheap

and dont do spehs mareehns, keep your name, plus marines (not trying to be mean to space fans, i personally like some chapters and armies) are initially a newb army until you start expanding them and create a more themed army

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't see lord of fire as very useful on a C'tan who will primarily be hanging back. I would personally combine the warriors into 2X 10 warriors and 1X 5. With all units of 5 they're just easy kill points
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with MightisRight, combine your troops or at least make each squad 7 strong, 5 is too few

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have atleast one unit of wraiths for close combat. Rule number one: You Will always get into close combat as necrons. You dont have enough shooting wipe your enemy at distance. So take atleast 5 Wraiths to counter any remaining Death Star Squads. Even a lonly Warboss/Space Marine Captain/Hive Tyrant will rip through your entire army of nercons rank and file warriors. 2: Your troop choices are too vulnerable. Theay are easy pret for Leman Russ battlecanons/Tyranofexes/ [insert large blast str 8 ap 4 weapon]. Even Autocanons canons cause a great threat to warriors. Try to survive with your footslogging warrrios vs 2 rounds of fire from Grey Knigths DakkaDreads.... if you wants to survive anything, you will take 2 x 5 warriors in a ghostark with a lancetek in each (2 lanceteks in each ark if you go with 2 x command barges). This will make your army mechanized and you have a necron version of the dark eldar ravager with Av 13 armor instead shooting a str 8 36 inches shot every turn. Then you can either take a third 5 man warrior squad and put them in reserve and enter them in the last turns to grab an objective or go with a 9 man sized war squad to slog near the ghostark with a resslord with warscythe. The natural choice for the enemy will then be to shot the footslogging troops with his ordenance weapons, but he will have a hard time killing them because of the ghost ark reparring them and your getting back on 4+. Think synergy in the army. Drop the C-tan in anything below 1750 points. he does too little for his points and the enemy can just avoid him. Search youtube for Necrons vs. Blood Angels on the miniwargaming channel and youwill see the "effectiveness" of the worldscape combo.
    Last edited by pilot00; May 14th, 2012 at 22:46.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by 0rkynid View Post
    good list

have you taken flame on ctan for a purpose or just because its cheap

and dont do spehs mareehns, keep your name, plus marines (not trying to be mean to space fans, i personally like some chapters and armies) are initially a newb army until you start expanding them and create a more themed army
    Basically, Lord of Fire is for price, I intend to try out the list a bit more but ultimately Lord of Fire is 1000% better than entropic strike. It's inclusion is to keep the C'tan ( relatively) cheap so I can justify his presence as well as the effect it may have on the game (whilst it is a low chance, it can have a great psychological effect on the opponent =P). Also, as for the space-faggots, I'd do Crimson Fists if I had the chance =)

Quote Originally Posted by MightisRight View Post
    Yeah, I don't see lord of fire as very useful on a C'tan who will primarily be hanging back. I would personally combine the warriors into 2X 10 warriors and 1X 5. With all units of 5 they're just easy kill points
    This seems fair, but I would wonder what to do with the 2 Detructeks, having them in a court as a 2 man unit seems pretty squishy too. I'm sure if I shuffle some points around I could get a Ghost Ark for them to chill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon View Post
    Its a very shitty list. You must have atleast one unit of wraiths for close combat. Rule number one: You Will always get into close combat as necrons. You dont have enough shooting wipe your enemy at distance. So take atleast 5 Wraiths to counter any remaining Death Star Squads. Even a lonly Warboss/Space Marine Captain/Hive Tyrant will rip through your entire army of nercons rank and file warriors. 2: Your troop choices are too vulnerable. Theay are easy pret for Leman Russ battlecanons/Tyranofexes/ [insert large blast str 8 ap 4 weapon]. Even Autocanons canons cause a great threat to warriors. Try to survive with your footslogging warrrios vs 2 rounds of fire from Grey Knigths DakkaDreads.... if you wants to survive anything, you will take 2 x 5 warriors in a ghostark with a lancetek in each (2 lanceteks in each ark if you go with 2 x command barges). This will make your army mechanized and you have a necron version of the dark eldar ravager with Av 13 armor instead shooting a str 8 36 inches shot every turn. Then you can either take a third 5 man warrior squad and put them in reserve and enter them in the last turns to grab an objective or go with a 9 man sized war squad to slog near the ghostark with a resslord with warscythe. The natural choice for the enemy will then be to shot the footslogging troops with his ordenance weapons, but he will have a hard time killing them because of the ghost ark reparring them and your getting back on 4+. Think synergy in the army. Drop the C-tan in anything below 1750 points. he does too little for his points and the enemy can just avoid him. Search youtube for Necrons vs. Blood Angels on the miniwargaming channel and youwill see the "effectiveness" of the worldscape combo.
    Ok, some valid points here, but I'm not sure I like your tone particularly. Just starting with "It's shit" is neither polite nor contructive, a forum is meant to be a place of respectful discussion. I also completely disagree that a 'Cron list needs Wraiths. Whilst it is true that Wraiths can fit into any list, and true again that they are brokenly cheap, they do not fit the playstyle of some lists. Some lists would benefit better from Tomb Blades or other faster shooting units, just saying Wraiths to every list makes our armies 1 dimensional, boring and predictable. But I will respond to your points.

1. You say that a lonely Warboss could munch my army, yes, true, but I would put the C'tan in that Warboss's face and knock him about a bit. In fact, many units that pose a threat in combat will have to get to my army through forced difficult and dangerous terrain, plus shooting from my vehicles, so will not be at sizable enough strength to take down a C'tan.

2. I admit that my troops choices are squishy, and I will be changing them to suit that, but trying to play Ghost Arks in the way people play DE or other MSU transport armies is not nearly as effective as them, as the transport is too expensive. It is nice to have a bunker for the unit however, so I will give this a try after my exams when I will be doing the playtesting properly. I do feel that if I run the foot squad that I'd want to take around 15 warriors, as they can and have been completely wrecked from 10 man before, and adding Mindshackle Scarabs to the Lord would also help, but I'd really have to be economical with my points.

3. I play Dark Eldar, and have a respectable win/loss with them, I know about army synergy, it's what makes them work.

4. The player in that miniwargaming video was applying the rules wrong, and wasn't playing his army, IMO, in the right way. Dave should've been taking dangerous terrain wounds on a 1 or 2, whilst was only taking them on a 1, which severely decreased the damage he should have taken from the Writhing Worldscape. Jump Infatry armies actually have a seriously hard time against Tremorcrons, as losing 1/3rd of your models (statistically) when you move as well as taking shooting casualties. I also play with this list frequently, I am not just getting it for the tourney, so I can vouch for the validity of Writhing Worldscape.

I see your points, and I will change about my list about to try your suggestions (it is only a first draft after all) but I just feel you could've been more polite about it, I'm sorry for ranting at you, thank you for spending time on replying. Everyone else, thanks for the replies, I'd really like to change the list slightly to help me deal with parking lot Guard, anyone got ideas for that? Thanks again.
    NMP

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Neither do I.Sargon and everyone, consider this as a warning.Keep the lanquage kid friendly and the tone civil.
    Karl Stahlfeld likes this.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, id only do SM and other variants for the characters and specific chapters, eg Crimson fist, iron warriors, Grey Knights etc

wraiths are sort of a must have, im getting a bit sick of them though as they appear in just about every list, same with barges

and i think that a ghost ark is basically a unit of warriors in its own way, so maybe just drop some warriors and take a barge or two as mentioned above (cant be bothered quoting)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Thing is, along with Tomb Blades, Wraiths make an appearance in the Tremorcrons list, as they are both fast and can take advantage of the enemy being slowed so much. I just wish Throne of Skulls was a few more points, there's so many things I want to fit in! =P I find I'm always spoilt for choice with the Newcrons.
    NMP
    Last edited by Non Marine Player; May 15th, 2012 at 10:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    Neither do I.Sargon and everyone, consider this as a warning.Keep the lanquage kid friendly and the tone civil.
    I mentioned that the list was &^*&, not the player. I am only trying to be 100% honest to the "None-Mariene player". You can still be an awesome player, but have a bad list because of inexperience with that army. The reason to why i described the list as %$#%, was because I talk out of experience, and really wanna save the creator of the mentioned list for future annoying faceroll wipes. It can be fun to loose a game, but not getting tabbled because you showed up with an army of sticks. In my oppinion, its always funnier to play with a list that can actually work well on the battlefield. The truth is that GW make some codexes very unbalanced like Grey Knigths, and if you want a great and fun game experience in 40k, you will want to get a list that can kick back.

I appologize if I have offended anyone by using the word #%%#$#2.

But ofc, in USA your are more used to censorship, and have the tendency to behave more like your governments with SOPA and ACTA restrictions. Something we Europeans are not used to, because we have freedom of speech.
    Last edited by pilot00; May 15th, 2012 at 19:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast