<2000 First Try at Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Try at Necrons

So what do you all think of this list. This is my first attempt at making a Necron force. Comments and advice would be appreciated. This is a 1250 point list.

HQ
    1x Imotekh the Stormlord

1x Necron Overlord w/ Warscythe, Semipiternal Weave, Phase Shifter, Resurrection Orb, Tachyon Arrow, and Tesseract Labyrinth

(Royal Court) 1x Necron Lord w/ Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Tesseract Labyrinth, and Semipiternal Weave

Troops
    10x Necron Warriors

10x Necron Warriors

5x Immortals w/ Tesla Cannons

Fast Attack
    5x Canoptek Scarabs

Heavy Support
    1x Doomsday Ark

1x Annihilation barge w/ Tesla Cannon

Total 1250

Last edited by donbat143; May 21st, 2012 at 06:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its an okay list but some areas to improve

i might recommend dropping Imotek, okay character, especially at large point games (2k+), but at these points he's not worth it plus your also taking another Olord. and your Overlord has a bit to much wargear - drop either weave or phase shifter or both, arrow and labyrnth
    you lord should only ever have (unless if you have lots of points spare) a scythe and orb, so drop his other gear

maybe get some crypteks with lances or tremorstaves for anti-armour/horde

troops are good but maybe add some more immortals

fast is good as well

heavy is good, ark is a bit of a trump card, owns large horde amies and sometimes elites if the template is good, and the barge is sort of a must have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was actually thinking about more immortals.. any thoughts on Gauss over tesla or should I do a squad of each?
    Waiting for my store to get in more crypteks, though I saw a conversion idea in another post and may go that route.

what do you think about me removing the storm lord, reducing the wargear on the lord and o lord, adding 5 crypteks and maybe some wraiths? does that sound stronger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have 2x10 man immortals than i would say both gauss and tesla but if just one than tesla, T allows mobility where as G is great for punching armoured foes and occasionaly vehicles (thanks gauss rules, you always make my SM opponent fear for the land raiders)

to recap, tesla is generally better than especially if you have lots of warriors (same rules)

and i think adding the teks and wraiths is a good choice mainly because its only 1250 points and cause crypteks have all the good abilities

hope it helps
    0rkynid

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by donbat143 View Post
    HQ
    1x Imotekh the Stormlord

1x Necron Overlord w/ Warscythe, Semipiternal Weave, Phase Shifter, Resurrection Orb, Tachyon Arrow, and Tesseract Labyrinth

(Royal Court) 1x Necron Lord w/ Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Tesseract Labyrinth, and Semipiternal Weave
    Above is the place where most of your problems are to be found. You are basically putting almost half of all your points into three characters and equipping them for maximizing the one thing you don't ever want to do, which is to get stuck in assault. This approach will not win you games. The Lord or Overlord is all fine and dandy with his Warscythe for one round, but then the opponent will just kill your Warriors and the OLord or Lord will be taken down by sweeping advance.

My suggestion is: Lose one HQ (either Imotekh or Overlord). Then think hard what you want the OLords/Lords to do. The minimums are Warscythe and Mindhackle Scarabs to give you a good chance of fighting off an assault. If you really, really want an Orb, then the way to make a Orb carrier lord is to give him Orb, Warscythe and Mindshackle Scarabs. If you like the Orbs for both Warrior squads, then take two Lords with that gear. Thats all they ever need. Use the rest of the points for Ghost Ark, Crypteks and other good stuff.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

+ Reply to Thread