Librarium Online Forums banner

Need help with counter ideas for daemons

<2000 
2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Marius the Possessed 
#1 ·
I've come across a daemon summon list 1850p with 38 dice in psycher phase. Does anyone have ideas for counters to this?
My heavy units are limited to:
2 storm surge
3 riptide
2 ghostkeel
6 broadsides
2 hammerheads

Other suits:
9 xv08
12 stealth suits
2 commanders

Figured these inuts would bethe most important limitations.

#2 ·
The key to killing a demon list that summons is to shoot them quickly! Great for doing that are fire warriors. Bear with me. Take a unit of 10 fire warriors and drop in a fireblade. That unit now pumps out 22 shots a turn, going up to 33 if they make it within 15 inches. As summoning lists tend to lack long range firepower fire warriors are going to have a field day.

Similarly stealth suits with burst cannons are going to start right up in the face of a demon army. A unit of 6 is going to be putting out 24 shots. That's a lot of dead demons.

Riptides will give you good movement round the board and pump out a fair amount of shots themselves.

The hammerheads wil be of next to no use, but the broadsides yes. Load them with high yield missile pods and with their smart missile systems as well they will put the hurt on units. High yielding a squad of 3 will have 12 s7 shots and 12 s5 shots. That should rip apart a demon unit.

Piranhas with burst cannons would also be a decent investment. scouting forwards to start they can lay fire down real early.

I'd suggest finding the points for the drone formation as well. 4 units of 4 drones will give you a good spread of markerlights and with bs3 because of the formation they should rack up a few hits.

The key to killing a summoning listis tot ake out the models/units doing the summoning. Don't worry about anything they may summon early game. If they are summoning combat stuff it will have to close with you. If they are summoning more summoning units then they aren't actually hurting you. They are just making more targets.

#4 ·
so it sounds like demons with some space marine allies...

I'd spend first turn target priority on pumping fire into the summoning units. Bikes wont be on the table so they aren't an immiedate threat. If you can cripple his summoning units then it'll be harder for him to get stuff off when they arrive (I'm assuming herald in demon units and chaos sorcerers on bikes).

The blood thirster will have to close on you, so you can either lead it a merry dance hoppng your stealth team away from it or just ignore it until it's at shorter range and give it a taste of massed firepower.

If you want a faster way of hurting those, on the piranhas take the fusion blasters instead. Turn one that's 4 melta blasts in the face of either the demon or a soul grinder.

#8 · (Edited)
So what is creating 38 warp charges? I don't see how that's possible with the other units you say are in the list.

Seriously, an all-Daemons 1850 point list with Kairos, maxed Heralds, Princes, and spammed Horrors only reaches 34 charges. I fail to see any way your opponent could have 38 and still include a Bloodthirster, Soul Grinders, and Chaos Marine allies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.