Librarium Online Forums banner

New to Tau need advice

<1000 
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kingzerno 
#1 ·
I just bought the Tau starter box today, and im looking for advice on where to go from here. I have no idea what any of the units are capable of. I do know that fire power is key, but there are no Tau players at my local GW store. Any help will be appreciated. I apologize if im in the incorrect spot. Lastly what weapons should i put on the XV8S, and the drones that go with them?

#2 · (Edited)
Riptides and depending on the points stormsurges. Tau has a lot of firepower options to choose from. It all depends on your opponent of course. Example( against IG the optimized stealth cadre could be nice). I usually use pathfinders to draw fire away from other stuff( other things can be used for this too). Further more broadsides are pretty much terminators with more guns that can give nice support and 2 wounds

#4 ·
If you look through the tau section of the site I've got an 1850 list up on there that finished 9th at a grand tournament. I'll always recommend high yield missile broadsides, stealth suits and a commander with drone controller and a bunch of drones.

I'm not a big fan of riptides or crisis suits as I don't think they throw out enough damage for their points compared to other units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.