Librarium Online Forums banner

Three 500pts Ork lists, which do you prefer?

<1000 
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kingzerno 
#1 ·
Heeeello,
So for a few Maelstrom games I need a fun 500pts Ork list to play. Hopefully a rather good one as well, since some of my opponents like to get competitive.
Which one do you prefer and why? Which one is the worst? I'm grateful for any feedback.

LIST 1 (Basic List):

HQ:
Mek (No Upgrades)

Troops:
12x Slugga Boyz in Trukk w/ Ram, Nob with Boss Pole and Power Klaw

Fast Attack:
1x Deffkopta (No Upgrades, objective grabber)

Elites:
3x Meganobz in Trukk w/ Ram, Boss Pole on Boss Nob

Total: 499pts

LIST 2 (More Meganobz, this one feels a bit iffy):

HQ:
Mek (No Upgrades)

Troops:
10x Slugga Boyz in Trukk w/ Ram, Nob with Boss Pole and Power Klaw

10x Grots plus Runt Herd

Elites:
3x Meganobz in Trukk w/ Ram, Boss Pole on Boss Nob

Elites:
3x Meganobz in Trukk w/ Ram,

Total: 500pts

LIST 3 (Looted Wagons):

HQ:
Mek (No Upgrades)

Troops:

11x Grots plus Runt Herd

Elites:
3x Meganobz in Trukk w/ Ram

Heavy Support:
Looted Wagon with Killkannon and a Rokkit Launcha

Looted Wagon with Killkannon and a Rokkit Launcha

Total: 499pts

Thanks in advance :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I quite like the second list but it is a bit one dimensional.

Personally I've always liked Grots in a looted Wagon for Objective grabbing. No one really cares about the looted wagon (unless it has a kill Cannon) and no one really cares about Grotz...... which makes them a great way for grabbing objectives. Cheap as well. The megaNobz should distract enough attention away from the Grotz regardless, I'd see if you can squeeze enough points for a Battle Wagon though, just so they can reliably get into combat.

Lastly:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome :D

I think list 2 might be risky because if the enemy has any AP2 (and therefore probably more than S8 as well leading to instant death on MANZ), the MANZ will die horribly. Because that list is based so heavily on them the army could meet a very tragic end against even a single vindicator... To get a battlewagon I would have to ditch one of the MANZ units which would drag down the close combat abilities of the list a lot :( However, if the enemy does not have any good AP2 weapons the battle should be very one-sided.

List 3 (Looted Wagons) seems like a fun list to play, I'll have to test play it soon.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice, perhaps I'll have to get myself a pain boy on foot then... I'm gonna have to choose between list 2 and list 3 after play-testing though :p I shall see which army takes the most damage from the killkannons and then determine if list 3 list is worth a shot. List 2 seems competitive whilst list 3 seems quite fun... and very orky!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.