Chapter Approved 04 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I get to use the stuff in this book for a kroot army? Like those big monster like creatures? Or do I have to have have the opponants' consent? Just wondering, as 10 bucks can go towards some models. Thanks!

~BS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything that you can use for your kroot mercenary army is in Chapter Approved 2004, between pages 32 - 39. You do not need your opponents permission for that. The only exception being if you give your Master Shaper Minor Psychic powers.

I'm not too sure what you are referring to as the big monsters? Creature Feature, Great Gnarlocs? It might help if you referred to what you are talking about in more detail, perhaps the page number its on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not have to buy CA'04 just to get the army list, just go here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/kroot%2Dlist/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Unfortunately Your reference is a bit vague... What "big, monsterlike creatures" are You referring to? Kroot Mercenary rules are on pages 32-39. If it's not there, it's not Kroot Mercenary thus and You're not using it in Your list if You're planning to play Kroot Merc army.

In case You're referring to the Creature Design Rules on pages 78-83, those are for Tyranids only. Of course, if You wish to create and model something to use with Your Kroot army and Your opponent agrees to let You use it, then there's nothing anyone really can do to stop You... Until Your opponent gets fed up with Your creation and says: "No, lets play a normal game for a change".

In case You want "official" big monsters for Your Kroot army, You'll have to buy an additional book... Namely, Imperial Armour Update 2004 which lists rules for the following Forgeworld Kroot models on pages 12-15:

Great Knarloc - Goaded
    Great Knarloc - Mounted
    Great Knarloc - Baggage
    Kroot Knarloc Riders
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:rofl: Shows my knowledge on the matter... :glare:

No, I was refering to the Bolt Thrower on ForgeWorld... and that baggage Knarloc. As a matter of fact, I was talking about all the Knarlocs. With Bolt Thrower, baggade, and that wild one where it has a bunch of trainer like Kroot around it. Are these guys good heavy hitters? I kinda want something to make the opponant wet his pants a little bit. Thanks!

-BS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard those things are just big targets to draw fire while you run up to your opponent. Don't get me wrong I'm guessing they could be worth it at some point... but... I'm not going to pay 100$ + canadian for those huge pieces of crap. (Not until I get a real job)
    <span style='font-family:Impact'>I&#39;m the elephant under your bed... well not really but I have him tied up and I&#39;m worse...</span>
    <a href='http://www.the-waaagh.com/' target='_blank'>Waaagh&#33;&#33;&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I use mine I use it more of a use to scare my opponents as they don&#39;t like big imposing models that close compined with the 100+ kroot almost on their front lines... if they win first turn they go "shoot that big thing&#33;" and my others go reletivly unharmed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use Creature Feature CA rules with any army within reason - i.e. nothing with Necrons.
    As long as you have opponents consent.

I&#39;m using a Megasaur for my desert dwelling SM Renegade Army - along with Kroot. And all the "Chaos hounds" are Hrud techs - who service the master crafted plasma weapons - or Fusils as i like to call them.

I may yet do a whole unit of Hrud, though finding the unit which I would be allowed to use will be hard. It may just be a small IG Combat patrol force - enough to take plenty of Plasma weapons. In fact, the new doctrines in WD 303 might just work...

(My Hrud just use Skaven heads, arms and Tails on Kroot Bodies and legs, using IG weaponry primarily - mixed with some clan Skryre stuff, and a great big green stuff overcoat on - as they are trying to keep out of the light. A little taller than many expect, but I was trying not to do the whole &#39;Skaven with guns&#39; thing - just being as ratlike, gaunt, and stealthy looking as possible - also the feet and posture of the Kroot work quite well with the Skaven heads on, and I had about twenty spare Kroot bodies anyway)

+ Reply to Thread