Legality - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

OK this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to make sure:

KM are chapter approved right? I can legally add a Hunter Kindred to my Ork warband in a tourney or and/or use them without my opponent's permission?

Sneaky sniper units are one of my favourite things but they are sadly unorky, and when I got the KM rules off the GW site I thought some Hunters would fit awesomely into my army. The models would go well, I can model the Shaper with a slugga, and the fluff would be cool too. Plus I get my beloved snipers!

Is it OK? The rules aren't experimental or anything are they?

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell yes it should be ok but I guess it can be debated wether or not they have their place into an Ork army.

The rules are in no way shape or form experimental and are 100% legal.
    <span style='font-family:Impact'>I&#39;m the elephant under your bed... well not really but I have him tied up and I&#39;m worse...</span>
    <a href='http://www.the-waaagh.com/' target='_blank'>Waaagh&#33;&#33;&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

`you are allowed to do this, but you will loose points for just using to make up for the poor shooting, you should use some other units as well.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

Cool thanks guys.
    Originally posted by Wolf_Pack@Feb 25 2005, 11:44
    `you are allowed to do this, but you will loose points for just using to make up for the poor shooting, you should use some other units as well.
    [snapback]338074[/snapback]
    You mean like sportsmanship points?

Well I spose I should use some other guys, but none of the others really take my fancy besides the Shaper Council, which smacks of powergaming. I think they would be fun to convert tho with all thier mis-matched equipment.

But I don&#39;t know why a Shaper Council would deploy with one small kindred of Hunters. Maybe I could use some Trackers as well they seem kind of cool. Thing is, I want my army to be mostly Ork with just one squad of Kroot if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that in some tournaments you were not allowed to use allies for your army, although that might be a regional thing here.
    If it were the case however, it could be argued that Kroot are not allies, but considered auxilliaries as per the wording in the CA. Of course, that still might lose you some points in certain settings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that kroot merc armies are allowed at GT&#39;s. I would therfore assume that you could take kroot as allies as per the rules layed out in the ca 2004.

At all the Gt&#39;s i have been to they generally are pretty leniant about stuff and they make it up to you if there is a problem, for example i was at a gt recently and one of the people did not have all his models painted, i asked the GW helper person if this was legal and the answer i got was, that it was not, but that they wouldnt do anything about it, it was up to the opponent to take off army comp points. I have seen allies done the same way, i saw someone take death watch marines and commader leonartes(sp) at a GT and the response was the same.

As for taking a squad that fulfils a role that you cannot usually have in your army. Historically is that not why armies took merc, either to fill a gap , or just to make up numbers in an army.

If you are worried about comp scores, then this is what i would do, take your squad of head hunters, but also take a 10 man carnivore squad, this squad is actually pretty cheap, and of course they get infiltrate, so can be used to support blood axe commandoes or can be used as a speed bump, or tank hunter unit (with evisverator), or give shaper a slugga and power weapon and make them a cc unit, etc. I think by having some basic kroot in your list and not just a powerful unit, you are showing a more balanced list rather than a list built purely on adding a unit to make a much stronger list.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

Thanks for the advice everyone, very helpful (Y)

Originally posted by samurai_socks@Feb 25 2005, 13:25
    As for taking a squad that fulfils a role that you cannot usually have in your army. Historically is that not why armies took merc, either to fill a gap , or just to make up numbers in an army.
    [snapback]338129[/snapback]
    That&#39;s what I was thinking... surely any wily Ork warboss wouldn&#39;t sneeze at having some savage carnivorous snipers to do his unorky dirty work for him, who only want to be paid in the corpses of the enemy.

Yeah I think I will take a Carnivore squad as well. they will be good infiltrators and objective takers, and while they are not such crazy CC monsters as the orks, they are still pretty damn good and can look after themselves.

Slugga and Power Weapon is what I was going to give the shapers, the PW will be modelled with a choppa.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

The carnivore squad can be used as fire support, they have Bs3 and S4 weapons&#33;, at close range, thats 40 shots&#33;
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as for current GW tourney rules (just read them for Conflict) - you may not use allies of ANY kind. Which means you must do an entire Kroot Merc army or use Tau to field them at a tournament. This also applies to Inquisition, Harlequins, CSM with LOTD, etc. The only vaguely allied troops allowed are those inducted and allied troops actually available as part of the standard choices in the Inquisition books - i.e. no REAL allies, must be one list.

I just found an excuse to get something Krootlike into the army - added a couple of spiny bits to my Kroot hounds and using them as Chaos Hounds in my Slaanesh - replacing a couple of Hrud warriors doing the same. I got mega points for army look and feel last Tourney, so why not try it?

(My background has lots in it though - and is meant to be a renegade army, with many pirates, brigands and mercenaries - it just so happens that with all the drugs and sex going on, most of the traitor marines have taken to worshipping Slaanesh - I also can&#39;t field any Traitor Guard either unfortunately - they just add a touch of classy scumminess to the whole thing.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Kroot Mercenaries are Chapter Approved... see CA4004.

By their name alone you should be able to add them to an Ork army.

"Kroot Mercenaries" - I think it says it all, and in my opion, recruiting Mercenaries is a very Orky thing to do.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread