Armies the Kroot Mercs struggle against. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armies the Kroot Mercs struggle against.

I have been playing the mercs alot recently and have been having some trouble against certain armies...just wondered if other merc players were having similar problems and how you guys deal with them?

Nurgle death guard army.....those toughness 5 models all over the place are just plain nasty...sure if i hadnt rolled like complete pants that would have helped a bunch but still.

Super super fast armies...ie eldar and dark eldar...just find that if they have enough skimmers they can keep my guns out of range and stop me assaulting their transports and skimmers...plus hitting on 6's is s a *****.

Kroot mercs are almost at 1850 points...after my recent aquisition of another 16 kroot. Now i am just waiting on the other 42 right chaos fury wings...I still cannot believe that they sent me 42 left wings and not the right wings...damn GW.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That really bites about the wings. Were you planning a 20 man vulture squad with a winged master shaper, and now you'll have way too many vultures?
    As far as armies that Kroot have difficulty against, I would agree that it would be fast armies with skimmers. Kroot have a hard enough time taking out armor heavy foes, but ones where our most effective anti-armor weapon is next to useless can get troublesome.
    I havent had trouble with defeating the armies that I play against, yet, but I have had difficulty against a fast Tau opponent.
    On the other hand, I have had good success against Str 3 / Tough 3 armies, using the ork hybrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I've been using my great gnarloc convertions lately Vs though armies, including death guard, and it rocks, 2 S6 templates as assault, then charge in with rending attacks and T5 W5, too good to miss out on IMO.

I like the kroot hounds VS marines and eldar, as they have a good chance of going simultaniously, and at 6 points a pop. can't go wrong.

I also thend to have fire fights with eldar, as I can bring to full power 100 kroot rifles on turn 1 , up to 200 shots if I go for it, thats 65 wounds to me, enough to kill half the army in 1 shot. the skimers I simply ignore untill the ey the only things left around, as they are more like sponges than dangerous weaponry. the ork Hybrid works wonders the them, as it thins the chances of wounding, making you more than able to ingage in fire fights.

make sure to use terrain to maximum effect, ruins giving you a 4+ cover isn't to be wasted!

the snipers can help alot Vs grand father nurgle's minions, makes your opponent roll alot of dice, and that's what you want.

Hope I helped ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_socks
    I have been playing the mercs alot recently and have been having some trouble against certain armies...just wondered if other merc players were having similar problems and how you guys deal with them?

Nurgle death guard army.....those toughness 5 models all over the place are just plain nasty...sure if i hadnt rolled like complete pants that would have helped a bunch but still.

Super super fast armies...ie eldar and dark eldar...just find that if they have enough skimmers they can keep my guns out of range and stop me assaulting their transports and skimmers...plus hitting on 6's is s a *****.

Kroot mercs are almost at 1850 points...after my recent aquisition of another 16 kroot. Now i am just waiting on the other 42 right chaos fury wings...I still cannot believe that they sent me 42 left wings and not the right wings...damn GW.

Cheers.
    The kroot mercs player in my club is a very good player, with lots of experience. It's funny how you mentioned death guard, I watched him deal a massacre to death guard. He just simply shot too many S4 shot's.

However, he does struggle a lot angainst any army that can run away, or other first turn armies. These are your super fast armies. Against dark eldar, you are both first turn armies. Hence, if you don't get first turn, chances are the dark eldar will do their stuff and rip you up.

I've seen Kroot Mercs do well. They do a whole lot better when they go first though.

Against me personally, I've been able to beat him twice, but both times it was mainly due to bad luck, his melta's wouldn't do their thing, and I just kept running around throwing subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maus154
    That really bites about the wings. Were you planning a 20 man vulture squad with a winged master shaper, and now you'll have way too many vultures?
    As far as armies that Kroot have difficulty against, I would agree that it would be fast armies with skimmers. Kroot have a hard enough time taking out armor heavy foes, but ones where our most effective anti-armor weapon is next to useless can get troublesome.
    I havent had trouble with defeating the armies that I play against, yet, but I have had difficulty against a fast Tau opponent.
    On the other hand, I have had good success against Str 3 / Tough 3 armies, using the ork hybrid.
    Hehe, too many vultures is their such a thing. I have in my 1850 army, two 16 man vulture squads and a master shaper with wings. Maybe i didnt type it correctly, they sent me the left hand side wings but NOT the right hand side wings...grrrr...(still waiting).

When i played deathguard, i did have alot of snipers but they just didnt do thier job but such is life. I clainm moral victoy seeing as i took out his demon prince and leiutenant with shapers from my sniper squads.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I struggle VS assault marine heavy armies, especailly with the furious charge, hurts alot!
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me and my kroot I never really had a problem with deathgaurd nor any other high toughness army i.e. iyanden and some necron armies, I've always found that if you throw enough guys at them after softening them with shooting they go down pretty easy and you usually are bringing them down with a VP gain in your favour noting those such armies are much more expensive per model.

The only armies my guys have had trouble against are certain mechanized marine armies and dark eldar, they are really the only armies I lose to. I have found if they can outmanouver and or drive them out of the cover of forests kroot tend to be shot to bits even with toughness four, my strength has always relied on either the first turn charge or forcing my opponents more expensive units into my stalker kindred.

When dealing with those skimmers it depends who you go against, DE just blow them out of the sky with your rifles dont bother cc it just gets messy, eldar you shoot them with kroot guns if you have them, but I find its best just to leave them alone since they are just too fast to really swarm effectivly, and for tau you can wade in a throw enough aqttacks to get those precious sixes and hopefully you'll take down that precious hammerhead of theirs....

GL with the wing thingy, I've had similar problems with ordering eldar warwalkers :huh:

Thats my input...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

were can i find the rules for the krook great gnarlocks ( hope i spelled that right)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Armoury update 2004
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread