[1500] Orks- Snakebites Klan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

[1500] Orks- Snakebites Klan

Ok, well here is my first try at an ork list. Depending on whether or not I like this list I may be making a Kult of Speed army instead.

HQ:

Warboss- 113pts
    Super Cyboar
    Burna
    Choppa
    Shiny Bitz
    Flashfurs
    Iron gob

Troops:

16 Huntas- 168pts
    Shootas
    2 Big Shootas

16 Huntas- 164pts
    Shootas
    2 Rokkit Launchas

18 Madboyz- 162pts
    Sluggas and Choppas
    Pigdok wit 3 Grot Styboyz, Rokkit Launcha, Choppa, Flash Furs

18 Madboyz- 166pts
    Sluggas and Choppas
    Pigdok wit 3 Grot Styboyz, Big Shoota, Choppa, Skull Trophies

20 Gretchin- 77pts
    Grot Blastas
    Slaver wit Slugga, Choppa, Squighound

20 Gretchin- 77pts
    Grot Blastas

Fast Attack:

5 Boarboyz- 123pts
    Sluggas and choppas
    5 Cyboars
    Nob wit Burna, Choppa, Big Horns, Flash Furs

3 Warbuggies- 150pts
    Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas
    Armor Plates, Red Paint Job, Grot Riggers

Heavy Support:

3 Kannons- 98pts
    Slaver wit squighound, Choppa, Slugga

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: 1,298pts
    Models- 125
    Vehicles/Big Gunz- 6
    Points Left- 202pts

Ok well I have 202 pts left and have several things in mind to spend it on. I was thinking either a looted tank, a battlewagon, an elites choice, some more buggies, or maybe some killa kans.

I was also thinking about losing the unit of boarboyz since they cost 50 bucks for a box of 5 and then i have to buy a Nob to convert to put on one. If i end up dropping the boarboyz I will just have the Warboss going around on his own helping the madboyz in fights, along with taking full advantage of his IC status.

Anyways I am looking forward to everyones comments/questions/criticisms.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warbuggies, hard to get good use outta them, i find. a real all or none approach is needed there i think.

will madboyz go in a battlewagon? if they will, that's a fast way to deliver them to someone's doorstep without them squabbling.

If all else fails, try fielding a looted leman russ, though i always found it too easy to win games with one of those things in an ork army.

also, if you're really wanting those boarboyz... make them all nobs and put them as the boss's bodyguard, should help fill the points and justify some of the expense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Well, I still dont know for sure what to do with the remaining points. I think I might drop the boarboyz, one mob of grotz, then boost the other mob of grots up to 30.

That leaves me with 362 pts to use on regular ork stuff like buggies or looted vehicles or maybe some Skarboyz or 'Ard Boyz in a Battlewagon.

The reason I am thinking this is because the way the list is looking now, I might as well drop the buggies and kannons and just play feral orks, which I dont want to do. Also though I liked the idea of orks riding boars, I'm not too fond of the boar models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hmm... lemme make some possible suggestions...
    • Drop each hunta squad down to 14 total. That will get you 36 points right there.
    • Boost one of your madboyz squads up to maximum and completely drop the other. Also, drop the flash furs. This will nab you 148 points total.
    • Give each of the slavers a special weapon (rokkit launcha, preferibly) and if you'd like, max out the squad size. This will cost you 37 points each, but it will all be worth it when your group of grots magically drops a landraider.
    • Keeping the boarboyz is up to you. If you DO decide to keep them, then have the pigdok dope them up instead of the unit of madboyz. Having two units with strength 4 is better then having one unit with strength five. And have your warboss stick to this unit. Skirmish enemy lines and hunt down armour, and then proceed to whack it a bit with your burna.
    • You can drop the warbuggies, if you'd like. This will get you 150 points.
    • Kannons look good. Perhaps add on a mekboy with a KFF and mek tools? This should cost you around 30 points.
    Now, according to my quick and dirty calculation, you should have around 600 or so points left over. Here's where you get to bulk out your army list! Wee!
    Here is one suggestion, which I like to call 'increased ballistic skill for cheap!'
    • Invest in another unit of madboyz, but unlike the first one, get yourself a max of 16 madboyz, a pigdok with a big shoota, and three grot styboyz. This will cost you anywhere from 35 points to 149 points.
    • Get yourself a doomsday pattern battlewagon. This is a battle wagon with three twin-linked big shootas, five Bolt-on Big Shootas, and armour plates. Stick your madboyz in this and take advantage of their increased ballistic skill to SMITE all those who oppose you. This will run you 180 points. If you want to be a right bastard, only have five madboyz in there. If you want to use your battlewagon to transport your madboyz, have the 16 strong unit.
    • Your remaining points (around 280) can be spent on whatever you happen to wish.
    However, if you want to make a list that's more likely to survive being shot at...
    • Doomsday battlewagon. 180 points.
    • Get yourself a unit of 'ardboyz to ride about in the battlewagon, and give them three big shootas. You get pretty much the same results at a lower ballistic skill. The 'ardboyz are more likely to survive the explosion of your battle wagon.
    • Add on a unit of trukkboyz and you are set.
    I'll reply again to this list after I give it some more thought. It defiantly looks pretty good, and my one suggestion is that if you are worried about it going too feral, grab yourself a looted vehicle and some killa kanz. Those always help, and they certainly won't show up in a feral list.
    Good luck! And happy waaaghing!
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Ok here is the revised list.........

HQ:

Garsnik da Krumper- 113pts
    Super Cyboar
    Burna
    Choppa
    Shiny Bitz
    Flashfurs
    Iron gob

Troops:

Shooty Gits- 138pts
    12x Huntas, 2x Big Shootas

Da Uvver Shooty Gits- 134pts
    12x Huntas. 2x Rokkit Launchas

Krazy Ladz- 170pts
    20x Madboyz
    [12x] Sluggas and Choppas, [8x] shootas
    Pigdok wit 3 Grot Styboyz, Rokkit Launcha, Choppa

Krumpin Nuttas- 153pts
    16x Madboyz
    Sluggas and Choppas
    Pigdok wit 3 Grot Styboyz, Big Shoota, Choppa, Skull Trophies

Dem Weedy Gits- 91pts
    28 Gretchin
    Grot Blastas

Fast Attack:

Da Fast Wheelz- 100pts
    2x Buggies

Da Uvver Fast Wheelz- 100 pts
    2x Buggies

Heavy Support:

Big Bangerz- 141pts
    3x Kannons
    Slaver wit squighound, Choppa, Slugga
    Mekboy wit KFF, Mek toolz, 2x Grot Oilerz

Da not so fast but bigger wheelz- 192 pts
    Battlewagon
    3x TL Big Shootas
    5x Bolt-on Big Shootas
    Armor Plates, Grot Riggers

Da "Speshul" Wepun- 167pts
    Looted Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter and sponson Heavy Bolters
    Armor Plates, Grot Riggers

Total: 1,499 pts
    Models- 110
    Wheelz/Stompy Stuff/Big Gunz- 9

Ok so I revised the list somewhat. First I took citybeatnik's advice and got a battlewagon, the Krumpin Nuttaz are going in that, so there will be a mighty 8 Big shootas and a rokkit going off when the enemy gets in range. I also added another buggy and made two squads of two out of them.

I dropped a squad of grotz and maxed the other one, mainly because it costs alot to buy enough blisters for 46 grots (including the ones manning the kannons) I also didnt give the slaver a special weapon because of his crappy BS, that and i figure that i have enough rokkits and big shootas as it is.

I also dropped the Boarboyz both for cost reasons and that I dont much like the way they look. Now the question is, should I leave the Boss as is? Or should I take him off his super cyboar and stick him with the Battlewagon group (after removing one madboy of course)

So now I'm left with 190 pts and I can't decide on whether to get some Killa Kans, a looted leman russ, or anything else you guys might suggest. (unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my imperial guard codex when coming back home from college, so i dont know the costs of the tanks)

--------------------<EDIT>----------------------------
    Ok I added in the Looted Russ
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; June 10th, 2005 at 06:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'm not completely up to date on the boss joining the unit of madboyz. Part of what makes madboyz so special is that they CAN'T join up with other units.
    Keep your boss on the super cyboar. He has skilled rider, which makes him that much better at it. Besides, it gets you a burna on your warboss. That's a powerweapon that goes at your initive. That's a GOOD thing.
    Also, with flash furs, your warboss CAN get the waaagh off if youl roll snake eyes... heh, like that ever happens. Still, your boss is relatively cheap. Have him rush off and destroy armour (something that this list will have trouble with. It's a feral ork thing, trust me).
    Also, don't forget to stick armour plates on your battlewagon. It's worth it, trust me.
    As for the special weapon on the slaver, I still suggest that you do it, but I just like to hedge my bets. *nods* Keeping him cheap works as well. And as for buying all of those grots... I'm going to PM you a link that you might find interesting. The total cost per git will cost you around a buck fifty each.
    A Lemon Russ battle tank will run you (armed with a hull-mounted bolter, grot riggers and armour plates, and heavy flamer sponsons) around 170 points (167 to be exact...).
    You can use the left over points to stick armour plates on a few things.
    Finally, one thing you should keep in mind... the madboyz that are foot slogging it WILL go mad at least once per game, according to the law of averages. My suggestion is to give at least half of them shootas so they can still do some damage. Keep these in the back when you charge, so that the gits with the choppas will get their full attacks.
    Still, it's looking good man!
    *EDIT*
    I just realized something that I forgot to mention... you will not be able to fire the additional weapons AND the TL Rokkit Launcha on the doomsday wagon. It's either the shootas or the rokkit. My suggestion? Go for shootas. Park yourself in front of a squad of fire warriors and show them why ork weapons are still the best.
    I'd still like for you to have boarboyz instead of buggies, by the way, but that's just me. It just seems more snakebitey to have it set up like that... I might be able to show you some interesting conversions you could use for the boarboyz as well, but I'll have to hunt through my list for them. Have I sent you the information on the waaagh, yes?
    Like I said, get yourself a leman russ (possibly leave off the side flamers) and you will be set.
    Last edited by citybeatnik; June 10th, 2005 at 05:21.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

well, so far I am pretty comfy with this list. The only things that were really bothering me were whether to get killa kans or a looted Russ and what to do with the boss (which i still dont know what to do since i dont want Boarboyz, but i still want a warboss with a burna that can go at an initiative 8 with the Waaagh!!! power)

Anyways I have decided to go with the Looted Russ.

@citybeatnik, thanks for all the advice, I changed up the weapons on the wagon like you suggested. I still dont want boar boyz at this point, but i would appreciate whatever links you might have of converting and making them since I will most likely make them at some point in the future.

[Edit]

I also took your advice on the footslogging Madboyz and used the extra points on 2 grot oilerz for the Mekboy
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; June 10th, 2005 at 06:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Also, In response to the whole Warboss joining madboyz thing, there isn't really anything that says he cant, all it says is that madboyz cant mob up with anything besides other madboyz. So I take it to mean that the Warboss can join them. Since it says nothing about IC's nor being able to join.

However I think I will leave him on the boar since it is the snakebitey thing to do (that and I really dig him having a burna).
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; June 11th, 2005 at 00:28.

+ Reply to Thread