Please help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help

Ok. I just started getting into this and I have found it quite enjoyable, but I'm not sure where to start. Ive bought a starter box (the one w/ 20 warriors, 3 destroyers, and 5 swarms), a wraith, a tomb spider, a necron lord, and a monolith. I would just like to know what other units to buy and how many. Thanks! :lol:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Lol, you really should talk to a few people before buying units. The wraiths you generaly won't use but if you do, no less than 3. Tomb Spyders can be good when used right, don't purchase more than 3. Your next purchase should be another battleforce. Two battleforces and a Lord will come to about 1500 points worth of units. After that, Immortals are extremley good. Units of 8-10 are best. Flayed Ones have their uses as well. Again units of 8-10. Also Heavy Destroyers can be useful, 1-3 models there. One unit never to buy, unless you just like the model, is Pariahs. They are close to usless in game so don't buy them unless you just like em to like em.

P.S. Check out the topic titled "What do you Suggest" on the Necron general forum. Very similar question is answered there.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Definatley get some more warriors. As you expand your going to want to have a solid core of warriors to be the center of your army. I'd check out ebay to get some good deals. After the warriors I'd get some Immortals. Great unit for any kind of game. Also if your going to use them your going to want more than 1 wraith in a squad, 1 won't do much.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pariahs are extremely good, but they are difficult to use
    having ten pariahs can be a powerful asset, but they are expensive and dont contribute for having necrons for the "phase out" rule. in a high points game use them with caution, as their lack of the necron special rule doesnt allow them to teleport by any means, and they will draw a lot of fire moving up the field. in my army i have

nightbringer

necron lord with veil of darkness and ressurection orb

3 wraiths

12 flayed ones

5 immortals

10 pariahs

40 warriors

3 tomb spyders/ 2 with particle projectors

3 destroyers

3 heavy destroyers

monolith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

immortals, and more warriors. you also should invest in more destroyers, you should aim for at least 2 squads of 5.
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

+ Reply to Thread