[2000pts] Necron - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000pts] Necron

HQ
    lord
    -destroyer body
    -res orb
    -phylactery

lord
    -destroyer body
    -phase shifter
    -phylactery
    -chronometron
    -warscythe
    total: 380

ELITES
    10x flayed ones
    total: 180

TROOPS
    13x warriors
    13x warriors
    14x warriors
    total: 720

FAST ATTACK
    4x destroyers
    4x destroyers
    10x scarabs
    -d fields
    total: 560

HEAVY SUPPORT
    3x tomb spyders
    total: 165

this is a force to combat my friends SMurf's. he's really tank heavy with them and think that my scarabs can own his armor fast while my flayeds ones DS in and start ripping his lines

my destroyers will take out his elites and other annoying things

my 1st lord goes with the destroyers to give them more staying power
    2nd lord goes with scarabs for a mean cc unit

spyders staying with my troops for the WBB and to charge any termies that get close

so any feedback will be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe that I am suggesting this, but what about a monolith? Space Marines don't have the best means to kill it, unless you know that your SM friends are lascannon-heavy. They are a great way to soak up all that fire, and even with a lascannon plentiful army, it still has only a 1/3 chance for a successful hit to do any damage. It's a good way to save your destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. DO NOT go destroyer happy against marines, they are easily destroyed by heavy weapons, and they WILL NOT make up their point cost, even if they fire every turn at tactical marines, roll average, and never take casualties, 5 destroyers firing every turn at tactical marines will make up 250pts in 6 turns, however they WILL take casualties.

2.your lords are equipped very stange and ineffectivly, crometrons aren't worth it, and you shouldn't have a res orb on a d-lord, i would make the res orb lord on foot, and stick him with the warriors, as it is much easier to insta-kill them, much easier to charge them, and it is much more important to protect them.

3.i wouldn't DS the flayed one's, they won't arive untill the 2-3 turn, and they stand around for a turn getting shot at before they charge. also flayed one's aren't that good against SM's to begin with, as they are basically CC warriors, and against space marines you will want to shoot, not charge.

4.to change your army make the res orb lord on foot with the warriors, drop the crometron , get rid of a squad of destroyers, and get rid of the flayed ones. with the points, buy a monolith, and 9 warriors, also give the foot lord a gaze of flame in case they charge you.
    Last edited by tiaxrulesall; June 24th, 2005 at 06:49.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

lord
    -destroyer body
    -res orb
    -phylactery

lord
    -destroyer body
    -phase shifter
    -phylactery
    -chronometron
    -warscythe
    total: 380
    Whew, where to begin. First lord, Drop the phylactery. I would also suggest dropping the destroyer body and making him a foot lord, but if your going for a destroyer theme then I guess keep it. Second lord, again drop the phylactery, and the chronometron. Both are a waste of points the way you are using them,
    ELITES
    10x flayed ones
    total: 180
    Flayed Ones are great when used right. First off, always Infilatrate them. DSing them will leave them vulnerable for a turn. Just remeber that they are not fantastic against Space Marines, so supposrt them with your Lord/Scarabs or Tomb Spyders.
    TROOPS
    13x warriors
    13x warriors
    14x warriors
    total: 720
    Looks Good.
    FAST ATTACK
    4x destroyers
    4x destroyers
    10x scarabs
    -d fields
    total: 560
    Destroyers are fine. Not sure that I like the D fields on the Scarabs when attached to a Lord.I personaly think that they should be ditched and their points used elsewhere, unless your friend brings alot of tanks of course
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    3x tomb spyders
    total: 165
    Alright. Just remember to use them as counter charge troops. Also don't let them get starnded aginst a full termie squad. Use them all as an effective machine (no pun intened).

Overall suggestions: You lack the general punch to take care of Smurfs effectivley. I am going to suggest a Monolith as well. It will prove invaluable against them. If you don't have (or can't afford) one then remember to try to outflank him with your destroyers and Infiltarting Flayed Ones. Also Remeber to choose your opponents wiseley with your second CC lord. Don't go wading through large groups of SMurfs as he won't come back out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i was having the lord and scarabs armor hunt as he does bring alot of armor

and the destroyers are to get around is overall slower army
    he uses alot of footsloggers

he uses atleast 2 termie squads so the spyders are to help keep my warriors around and to counter charge if they get close enough

but i think i can ditch the flayed ones and some other stuff for a monolith

+ Reply to Thread