[1850]Biel Tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1850]Biel Tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

[1850]Biel Tan

I've had no net recently, and bored in lectures I've been doodling 1850 tourney lists.

Just posting them all to see what people thought, heres my Biel Tan one.

Farseer, Fortune, CCW, Shuriken Pistol, Rune of Witnessing 67pts
    (Attached to Scorpion Squad)

5 Striking Scorpions + Haywire Grenades 95pts
    (In Falcon A)

5 Striking Scorpions 80pts
    (In Falcon

10 Howling Banshees 295pts
    Wave Serpent - Bright Lance, Spirit Stones

Vyper, Starcannon 65pts

Vyper, Starcannon 65pts

Falcon A 190pts
    Holofield, Spirit Stones, Starcannon

Falcon B 190pts

Wraithlord 145pts
    Starcannon

Points 1849
    Models 50
    Wounds 49
    Vehicles 7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    ~Looks fine, just know you can't "attach" to the squad, he really only will travel with them. Try to make him a little more useful and give him a witchblade.

~same as above

5 Striking Scorpions + Haywire Grenades 95pts
    (In Falcon A)
    ~I'm not keen on small squads of aspects but that's more your choice, consider an Exarch upgrade also they will help.

5 Striking Scorpions 80pts
    (In Falcon
    ~same as above

~I love Banshees, they are my alltime favorite aspect and they have helped me win all my winning games Can't go wrong with these. Just upgrade to an Exarch and give her an Executioner.

~Same as first Banshee squad.

~same as first Banshee squad.

Vyper, Starcannon 65pts
    ~I really don't like Vypers much, they are fragile and with my friend's Havocs, they go down fast. I really can't say much about this though so that's your choice whether to use or not.

Vyper, Starcannon 65pts
    ~Same as above.

Falcon A 190pts
    ~Looks good here.

Falcon B 190pts
    ~Again, looks good here.

Wraithlord 145pts
    Starcannon
    ~I usually run 1 Wraithlord per 750 points and no one complains cheese as most of the Eldar GW pros do it that method also. You can't go wrong with a Wraithlord, nice choice for weapons here.

~Solid list overall, with some minor tweaks it should be winning tourneys in no time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Thanks for your input.

The Scorpions with attached Farseer are only 5 strong merely because they must be to fit inside the Falcon. I've always been a great fan of 10 man squads, so give survivability I decided a farseer with each and fortune will be the most survivable. After all who doesn't like re-rollable 3+ sv? I could make them 10 strong, but I wanted the entire army to move 24" a turn (apart from the wraithlord), and the Falcons were important to soak up fire and for their pulse lasers.

I too love banshees, and intend them to be the 'meat' of this list. I'd love to give them an Exarch, but I really dont want to lose Fleet of Foot. Those extra few inches makes all the difference in a lot of games.

The Vypers are their merely as cheap skimmers to boost up the vehicle count and add numbers, further diluting enemy anti-tank fire. Their starcannons will also be very welcome to add to support fire from the Falcons.

The Wraithlord I don't envisage doing anything.

Thats right, nothing. The only point of the wraithlord in this list is so that the enemy shoots all their weapons at him and kills him, instead of shooting at my tanks. I don't actually expect or need him to kill anything.
    Last edited by Addoran; June 25th, 2005 at 20:40.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

looks like a solid list.

i would combine the scorpians into one squad and drop a farseer to buy an exarch that can infiltrate the squad. then put the other farseer with a banshee squad.

in 1850 there are going to be a lot of heavy weapons being shot at you, i'd drop the vypers and muster a few extra points for another wraithlord.

the bigger the battle the easier vypers go down.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

(1) I too love banshees, and intend them to be the 'meat' of this list. I'd love to give them an Exarch, but I really dont want to Fleet of Foot. Those extra few inches makes all the difference in a lot of games.

(2) The Vypers are their merely as cheap skimmers to boost up the vehicle count and add numbers, further diluting enemy anti-tank fire. Their starcannons will also be very welcome to add to support fire from the Falcons.

(3) The Wraithlord I don't envisage doing anything.
    Thats right, nothing. The only point of the wraithlord in this list is so that the enemy shoots all their weapons at him and kills him, instead of shooting at my tanks. I don't actually expect or need him to kill anything.
    Answers to:
    (1) You said two opposite things but im guessing you meant to say that you want to FoF, "I really dont want to FoF, those extra few inches make the difference in a lot of games."

(2) you really shouldn't think of anything in your army like that or you might aswell just not use them.

(3) If the WL is just to do nothing and soak of fire and "perhaps" get into cc, give him a shuriken cannon, it will drop his cost by 20 and bring him to a total of 100₧.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Sorry, for the Banshee issue I actually meant to say "I really don't want to lose fleet of foot". The extra charge distance has helped on so many occasions that I'm willing to lose the exarch.

On the wraithlord issue, you have a point. All I need now is a wraithlord model with a Shuriken Cannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Sorry, for the Banshee issue I actually meant to say "I really don't want to lose fleet of foot". The extra charge distance has helped on so many occasions that I'm willing to lose the exarch.

On the wraithlord issue, you have a point. All I need now is a wraithlord model with a Shuriken Cannon.

Each Wave Serpeant comes with 2 shuri-cannons so technically you should have 6 or more and all you don't have to glue it in, just use sticky-tack or anything that will hold it for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't lose Fleet Of Foot for adding Banshee, Avenger, or Dragon exarchs to squads.

I would drop a Falcon and a Farseer, and carry 1 squad of 9 Scorps (with a decked out exarch) in a Wave Serpent instead (if you want to keep a skimmy list). Add the remaining Farseer with Witchblade to this squad. Add Banshee Exarchs to your squads and you should still have enough points to squeeze in another Vyper.

I find using alot of Wave Serpents and Falcons as transports much more difficult since the rule changes.

I usually go for more Scorps than Banshees when I make these types of lists. I find them more durable, and hence, more effective in the long run. (The never ending debate...) Also, equipping them with grenades virtually guarantees that they will always strike first in close combat (plasma), and can also take out vehicles (Haywire). I might take 2 squads of each in this list, but that really depends on your preference and style of play.

+ Reply to Thread