[2000 pt] tyranid (tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000 pt] tyranid (tournament) help!

broodlord
    toxin sacs, enhanced carapace 90 pts
    brood- 10 stealers, ext carapace 200 pts

Wariiors (5)
    toxin sacs, rending claws, scything tallons, leaping, 205 pts
    adrenal glands( I), extended carapace

Warriors (5)
    enhanced senses, 4 deathspitters, 1 vennom cannon 187 pts
    extended carapace, rending, adreanl (I)

10 genestealers, extended carapace 200 pts

10 genestealers, extended carapace, scuttlers 230 pts

20 gaunts, spinefists 100 pts

20 guants, spinefists 100 pts

16 hormagaunts, adrenal glands (I) 176 pts

16 hormaguants, adreanl glands (I) 176 pts

carnifex 2 barbed stranglers, enhanced senses, 181 pts
    ext carapace, sythed tail, toxin sacs, +1 To

biovores, bioacid (3) 165 pts

suggestions? i feel bad about the lack of monstorous creatures cuz i love them to death but they never seem to get into combat in time and the winged tyrant cost so many points.
    mainly worried about big tanks and tau but any suggestions are apprecitated, i think i might have gone overboard on the warriors upgrades but i find that its immensely nice to strike before marines

thanks

Last edited by beiltan2003; June 30th, 2005 at 05:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

The only thing I'm not fond of is mutli tasking a warrior brood when you have two of them. I would take the rending claws and the adrenal glands off of the shooty brood. Admittedly, I multitask my warriors, but, I only field one brood, (hopefully soon to be two), due to financial reasons.
    I also use my shooty warriors, as a "catch net". They sit back, near any biovores or zoats, (guys I don't want in combat), and A) play body guard for the fire base and catch any broken units with their Synapse, autorallying them.
    Last edited by THE Hersh; June 30th, 2005 at 16:14. Reason: One other thing.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i gave them rending cuz i generally advance them with the rest of my army and once i get into cc with the other guys thery generally have little to shoot at and reding claws immediatly makes them a very effective cc unit...also for 2 pts i strike before everyone but special characters and eldar so i find thats generally worth it....

do i not have enough monstorous creaturs or other fun gribblies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by beiltan2003
    broodlord
    toxin sacs, enhanced carapace 90 pts
    brood- 10 stealers, ext carapace 200 pts

Wariiors (5)
    toxin sacs, rending claws, scything tallons, leaping, 205 pts
    adrenal glands( I), extended carapace

Warriors (5)
    enhanced senses, 4 deathspitters, 1 vennom cannon 187 pts
    extended carapace, rending, adreanl (I)

10 genestealers, extended carapace 200 pts

10 genestealers, extended carapace, scuttlers 230 pts

20 gaunts, spinefists 100 pts

20 guants, spinefists 100 pts

16 hormagaunts, adrenal glands (I) 176 pts

16 hormaguants, adreanl glands (I) 176 pts

carnifex 2 barbed stranglers, enhanced senses, 181 pts
    ext carapace, sythed tail, toxin sacs, +1 To

biovores, bioacid (3) 165 pts

suggestions? i feel bad about the lack of monstorous creatures cuz i love them to death but they never seem to get into combat in time and the winged tyrant cost so many points.
    mainly worried about big tanks and tau but any suggestions are apprecitated, i think i might have gone overboard on the warriors upgrades but i find that its immensely nice to strike before marines

thanks
    Sorry, except for the multitasking warriors, I like the list. I only mention the things that I take "issue" with. However, if it's a critique you want.
    I see your point on the Adreanal glands, however, I'm still not sure about the rending, tho. You already have a bunch of rending claws and an MC and you shouldn't need much more. I believe that the scytals are a better option. As to the biovore, I haven't used them enough yet in the new codex to decide if I like them or not, or, what mines to use. Lictors are still mandatory, (IMO, so I think you should get one of them), and I LOVE stealers. I think that I might take a flying Tyrant instead of the Broodlord, but, that opinion seems pretty mixed. I have never used the broodlord, tho, so I can't say. I know I like the winged Tyrant.
    I'm not sure that having a whole slew of MC's is that useful, Fast and Deadly might disagree, but I think one two is enough, ('cuz they're so darn slow)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i didnt mean to be critical about the rending, i was just saying why i took them cuz i had considered your point of veiw...the broodlord for me has never failed to earn his points back and i think for 90 (with upgrades) hes a steal, id be too afraid that the winged tyrant woul djust get shot to peices...do you like the lictors? they seem amazing in the rules but iwht only 2 wounds and a 5 + save in cc i find them very fragile...but i may be using them wrong (and i play orks a lot so im sure thats not doing them justice) how do you use them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I have been using Lictors the same way for three versions of the game. They "NEVER" kill their points worth, but, that's not what they do bet. They are best using for terrorizing your opponent. Hit and run can be quite deadly if your opponent doesn't have a flamer and he is pretty good at running in, killing a couple of basic guys and then running away, into cover. Also, the sheer terror effect is still there, (you know, your opponent never knows when he will show up, etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

IMO, lictors almost never make back their points. however, the ability to stop a heavy weapons squad for a turn is so useful that they are well worth it.

Edit: Reason the post seems so much like Hersh'es is because I replied when hersh had not posted his reply but i was called and so by the time i posted, there had alrady been another one just like it. It's nice to know that ppl think alike tho.
    Last edited by dymew; June 30th, 2005 at 20:55.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

That's my point, they don't kill their points worth, but, I feel they earn their points back most of the time. And I have seen them kill big nasties the odd time.

+ Reply to Thread