[500] Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [500] Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

[500] Orks

I would like to get a starter army going for my Warboss. I want it to be a good "take all comers" type list. I'd like to keep it simple by using the number of models I can get in the boxes (or blisters) without a bunch of leftovers (I need to save money!)

I used to play 40K in older editions, but I'm not too familiar with the latest version, so I'm still keeping it "Battle for Maccrage" sized for now.

So how does this sound:
    16 Slugga boyz
    8 Tankbustaz (1/2 a boyz box)
    8 flash gitz (1/2 a boyz box)
    kannonz
    Dread or Killer kanz

I think I need more boyz but the other stuff is cool. i need at least a few grots for stomping untill I can afford to buy a mob of metal figures....

Any suggestions? :huh:

4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Maybe have a warboss, 32 slugga boyz and a dreadnought?
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend Killa Kans over the dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

It's actually kind of hard to make a well-balanced small list for orks, since we depend so much on numbers.
    If you're going to be doing without grots, I would suggest a squad of burnaboyz and a mek with a kustom forcefield. I have some links on how to make some of the bits for cheap that I will give you if you want them.
    Stay clear of the tankbustas, really. You're not going to be encountering all that much armour in games that small.
    Instead of kannonz, I'd suggest lobbas (I also have a link to a site that talks about making lobbas dirt cheap), Longer range, same power as the kannon frag rounds, and you can hide them.
    Get yourself two kanz. They cost around the same as a dread will, and if you give your burnaboyz mek a set of tools, he can fix them up as you move forward.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

So a couple of Kanz is better than the dread. Great. I am also considering switching the tankbustas
    for some Skarboyz. Eventually i will want to add the Flash Gitz just because they have so much character, and i was only thinking tankbustas because i didn't know of anything else besides power claws that could effectively deal with high armor values. But I've gotta get some Grots, i guess, to shield my ladz as they move forward. I like Kannonz just because they are somewhat flexible (if not reliable) and they have a decent range, and mainly because they're so Orky!

So since I don't have my Ork codex (yet) I was wondering how many points this is:
    Warboss with choppa, big shoota, heavy armor, big horns
    20 Slugga Boyz (Og's Bigmob)
    12 Skarboyz (Tha Thugz)
    16 gretchin (of whom at least half will get stomped by Og during his victory dance)
    2 Killa Kanz with big shootas
    3 Kannonz

I'd like to add a Nob to lead the Skarboyz (with a Big Gob, bosspole, slugga and choppa) if there's enough pts.

Can Grots still do their job without a Slaver/Squighound? Or will they dissolve to quick?
    40 grots stomped
    $40K spent on GW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Sorry, we can't tell you the points cost since that is against the forum rules. But i'd guess that is about 600 pts or something.

Grots must have a slaver, and if i were you i'd convert one of the slugga boyz to a slaver with rokkit launcha. That's what i'm gonna do

You should also have some special weapons in your slugga squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Hmm, I didn't realize that listing an army's points value was against the rules. i see all the other lists have a points value for each unit in the list, actually. Wasn't it just supposed to be wargear costs and things like that which we can't specify? Eh, anyway, I'm eventually trying to get to about 750, but that's a LOT of painting. Looks like I've got room for those flash gitz after all...
    40 grots stomped
    $40K spent on GW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Ah well, it's just that we can't specify points cost as you said, but because you don't own the codex also it would be a copyright violation i'm afraid. But i don't know, i just want to be on the safe side.
    Sure it's a lot of painting. I've almost finished painting my 51 boyz, two more to finish. Then i have 950 points, Warboss, nobz, a kan and leman russ included.
    In my 1750 list i'm planning to do it will be about 85 boyz, 20 grots and 10 bikes, so i've got a lot to paint too.
    Here's a tip when painting a lot of similar models: Do about 3 at a time, apply a colour on one, and when it dries you can continue with the next, etc. Also, listening to audio books is a great way to spend painting time so it won't get boring.

+ Reply to Thread