[1000] Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [1000] Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Orks

Freebooters (no special rules)

[1000]

HQ: 108 points
    1) Warboss (1) w/ Powerklaw, Choppa, Cybork Body, 'Eavy Armor, Bosspole - 108 points

Troops: 577 points
    1) Slugga Boyz (20) w/ Nob Upgrade, Powerklaw, Bosspole, Rokkit Launchas x3 - 234 points
    2) Slugga Boyz (20) w/ Nob Upgrade, Powerklaw, Bosspole, Big Shootas x3 - 243 points
    3) Gretchin Mob (26) w/ Slaver, Squigghound, Rokkit Launcha - 100 points

Fast Attack: 165 points
    1) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    2) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    3) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points

Heavy Support: 150 points
    1) Killa Kan (1) w/ Big Shoota, Armor Plates - 50 points
    2) Killa Kan (1) w/ Big Shoota, Armor Plates - 50 points
    3) Killa Kan (1) w/ Big Shoota, Armor Plates - 50 points

[1250 CHANGES FROM 1000]

Troops: 249
    3) Add Gretchin (4) to Gretchin Mob - 12 points
    4) Slugga Boyz (20) w/ Nob Upgrade, Powerklaw, Bosspole, Burnas - 237 points

[1500 CHANGES FROM 1000]

Troops: 240
    3) Add Gretchin (1) to Gretchin Mob - 3 points
    4) Slugga Boyz (20) w/ Nob Upgrade, Powerklaw, Bosspole, Burnas - 237 points

1) Add Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    2) Add Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    3) Add Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points

Heavy Support: 94 points
    1+3) Combine 2 Killa Kans to form 2 Kan Squadron - 0 points
    3) Dreadnought w/ Big Shoota, Skorcha, Armor Plates - 94 points

QUESTIONS:
    1) Is adding 3 more TL Rokkit Warbuggies for anti tank anti marine support a good idea for 1500, or is there a better option? (like a Looted LMBT or Kannons?)

2) Should I try to get a Big Mek somehow for a KFF?

3) Am I missing something blatantly obvious that would work much better in my army? (I know you guys prefer kans over dreads but I already got one all painted)

Last edited by Lodrin; July 6th, 2005 at 15:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the kans but I don't see why you would use a dreadnought and kans. You would be better off getting another set of kans. I mean in all honesty kans are just better point for point then the dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117
    I like the kans but I don't see why you would use a dreadnought and kans. You would be better off getting another set of kans. I mean in all honesty kans are just better point for point then the dreadnought.
    He says it is because he has a dread painted up.

Overall, nice list. Maybe you should drop the armour plates and red paint job on your buggies in order to get more boyz. It looks like my own lists otherwise, nice. ^_^
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just my opinion. I personally only use burnas as heavy weapon choices for my slugga boyz. Your rokkit and big shoota boyz lose an attack and don't get the choppa bonus in cc. A burna boy also loses an attack but they count as a power weapon in cc if you don't use it for shooting. This is very handy against marines. If you don't fight marines it is handy to thin out weaker squads like guard or annoying kroot. They also can perform against vehicles pretty well. Most boy squads can't handle vehicles, but a burna gives them some chance. If you are worried about ranged support, your buggies and kans should be able to handle most of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah burners are good but in a foot slogging unit of boys the burna becomes a lot less effective against fast stuff, especially nids. And on the turn a unit of boys charge with a burner against marines, I still find it more effective to fire the burners in the shooting phase, and then get 3 normal attacks (w/o power weapon) as you will usually kill more. This obvious changes depending on what you are attacking or the density of the marines. Every turn after the charge I use them as power weapons mind you. Against terminators, for example, I would definitely use any thing 'power' against them I can get my hands on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Kans, but not enough to say that Kans outweigh dreads all the time. Armor 11 is in range of mass infantry killing weapons, and I'd rather most of that be going through my grot screen.

As for rokkit/big shootas not having choppa attacks, this isn't true. Models can have ONE 2 handed weapon and ONE one handed weapon. They can keep either their choppa or their slugga when they are upgraded. I only lose one attack but keep the choppa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lodrin
    Freebooters (no special rules)

1) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    2) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    3) Warbuggy (1) w/ TL Rokkit Launcha, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates - 55 points
    You have the point cost wrong for the buggies. As soon as you break 50 points [total] with a vehicle the cost for armor plates doubles, which would put you at 60 points per buggy. I recommend that you lose the turbo boostaz at a minimum, due to the fact that you can still move 12"(13") and fire your rokkits. You don't need that extra movement, and the cost for it is in no way worth the points hit you take.

The same thing goes for red paint job, but to a lesser extent. It won't put you above 50 points and set you up for the armor plates hit, but ask yourself, do I really need an extra one inch added on to 36"?

So, if you loose the turbo boosta and the red paint job, you are down from 60 points you should be paying per buggy to 47 points a buggy.

Otherwise looks good, a real nice horde =)
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go,
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, throo the cosmos.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.

'Ere we go, Don't know where till we get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Builder says they only cost 10 if the Vehicle costs OVER 50 points (meaning 51+), not just 50. 50+5 looks valid.

I'm more inclined to ditch RPJ, only because I don't really want to paint my buggies red.

I think turbo boosta is worth it though, I want to have the chance of reaching side armor on tanks deployed deep in the enemy deployment zone 1st turn.
    Last edited by Lodrin; July 7th, 2005 at 17:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your codex, you'll see that I'm correct. The cost of armor plates factors in the cost of the vehicle with all upgrades including armor plates.
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, throo the cosmos.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.

'Ere we go, Don't know where till we get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myomer
    Check your codex, you'll see that I'm correct. The cost of armor plates factors in the cost of the vehicle with all upgrades including armor plates.
    Uh, no.

Codex says

"The cheaper one is for vehicles worth 50 points or less (including any other upgrades they have apart from the armour plates The second is for vehicles that are worth 51 or more points"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast