[1250] Nid vs SM and Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1250] Nid vs SM and Tau

Im playing a 2k game vs joint Tau and SM army with an eldar ally (u got to love wraithlords....unless u have to fight them). He is fielding a 750pt army (with wraithlrd, dark reapers, storm and black guardians and a seer council) and here is my 1250 to make up the points:

HQ
    -Walking Tyrant with Scy Tals, VC, ADGLI, Tox Miasma, Bioplasma, ExtCara = 273
    + 2 Ty Guard with Syc Tals and RCs

-Broodlord with ext cara and fed tend, with 9 Stealor retinue (stealors with ext cara and 2 RCs) = 263

Elites
    -3x Winged Warriors with 3xScytals, 3xRCs, adglI = 123
    -3x Warriors with 2x Scytals, 3x RCs, 1x Lash Whip,tox sacs, extcara, adglI&WS, leaping = 130

Troops
    -10x Hormagaunts with Scy Tals = 100
    -10x Spinegaunts = 50
    -9x Spinegaunts = 45
    -9x Spinegaunts = 45

Hvy Support
    -Carnifex with VC and BS, ext cara, EnhSen = 173
    -2x Zoanthropes with Syn (these are there to provide syn support and a target for tau guns..) = 90

Total: 1256. a little over but i can get away with it.

My SM opponent has a pred, termies, a dreadnaught, lib, chaplain, vet squad, rhino and about 3 tac squads
    My Tau opponent has a few kroot, at least 2 broadside bsuits, a hammerhead, devilfish and crisis bsuit.

Any suggestions/comments on how well this would do are welcome (very very very very welcome....PLEASE)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Onboard my Leviathan class Hiveship (Sweden)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I haven't got a chance to play with the new codex but here is my thoughts about your list!

The Warrior squads need to be a little bigger since the enemies you are fighting have alot of firepower. Make them atleast 4 in each.

A Lictor or two could be good to mess up the tauplayers shooting defence early in the game(charge broadsides and the like), this will be a great distraction and will help keeping your troops(warriors) alive a bit longer til they reach cc!

my two cents!

/Mirakel_Jocke
    Signature? What signature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might consider trimming the Broodlord's retinue and putting Warp Blast on the Zoanthropes.

Mostly because it seems like you're going to be facing a lot of vehicles, and Str 10 ap 2 is rather handy for that. The RCs should be fine for taking out Termies, though its more difficult to take out the vehicles. Not impossible, but not too likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lictors all the way, they can really ruin a tau's day

ive seen lictors destroy half a tau army because he simply used secret deployment and being somewhat cramped conditions the lictor first done the broadsides, then moved on to the firewarriors, then the ethereal, the game was pretty much over with tau running and largely untouched tyranid army closing in

they arent too bad against SM either, good against devestators and the likes

plus they offer great psychological warfare against oponents even if they dont show up, making your oponent make simple newbish mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the advice. My original 1500pt list (which i had to massively trim down) had WB on the thropes, a lictor and another shooty fex.
    Any ideas on what i can shave off from my list to accomodate the changes but keep ot fairly balanced. I was thinking of shaving off a thrope to give the remaining 2 WB, dropping a few biomorphs off my tyrant (and maybe making it more shooty? Maybe twin-linked deathspitters or a bs) or maybe dropping a few bios on my warriors (that way i can crash them into tau without having screwed their CC ability). And in at least one of my games i want to max out on VCs and paste any SM uber-units (ie Lib) to the nearest wall......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, here are the changes ive made to my list:

- Hormies shaved to 8 (now 80 pts)
    - 1 unit of spinegaunts dropped (others increased to 10 (50pts) and 11 (55pts))
    - Dropped AdglI off winged warriors, now 114pts
    - Dropped AdglI and tox sacs off Warriors (now 112pts)
    - Dropped 2 stealors and fed tendrils off blord (now 220pts)
    - Dropped 1 thrope
    - Added WB to remaining thropes (pts now 130)
    - Added lictor

This now totals to 1251 (saved 5 pts!). I plan to pit the HT & BL against the SM army, the carni and thropes as general anti-tank (and use the bs against the firewarriors). The warriors and Lictor will be against the tau, as well as the hormies. Spiengaunts will be used as needed.

+ Reply to Thread