[1500] tyranid - another one - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] tyranid - another one

My last one was very bad in practice, so here i come with a brand new and better one.

HQ 387

212-Hive tyrant: wings, toxic miasma, toxin sacs, adrenal glands (ws), acid maw, simbiont rippers, implant attack, 2x scything talons, warp field.

175-Brood lord: extended carapace, toxin sacs. Retinue 5 x genestealers: feeder tendrils.

Elite 240

240-3x lictors

Troops 60

30-3x ripper swarm
    30-3x ripper swarm

fast attack 648

216-18x gargoyles
    216-18x gargoyles
    216-18x gargoyles

Heavy support 165

165-3x biovores bioacid sporemines

Total points: 1500
    Total minis: 73
    Total wounds: 96

All minis have 10L except the biovores so there is not need for synapse. All will stay in cover (just the hive tyrant and brood lord) until the deepstricking gargoyles and lictors engages CC blocking LOS then the tyrant and brood lord assaults

BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

the feeder tendrils is probsably the worst thing to give to stealers, with WS6 they'll always hit on 3s!
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But friendly units within 2 inches will also hit on 3's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Well you might as well give them extended carapace, it will make them viable to bolter fire.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really want the feeder tendrils, give them to the broodlord. That way his genestealers will get them too.

And put Extended Carapace on your 'stealers. It means your opponents actually have to put effort into killing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello, thx for the replies, the feeder tendrils as mojo said is for helping gargoyles in the assault, so are better in the stealers than in the brood lord, they are only 1 point more per genestealer. The brood lord and genes will stay behind cover until gargoyles engage CC so there is not need for extended carapace, i hope to kill everything who is engaged in the first assault phase with the combinated power of gargoyles more genes/lictors.
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

That's a very risky list you have there. Personally, i wouldn't count on the gargs winning any assaults against tact squads and such. Without that, all's left is 2 HQ's and if the other guys smart, he'll jsut send a couple of throw-away squads at them so he can retreat for a turn then open fire on you.

I'd drop a garg brood and add something with a little more kick, like leaping CC warriors or something like that.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gargoyles are better in cc than hormagaunts. I think they will be very good against tactical squads. CC warriors would help, though. If anything, I'd take out the biovers and put in a couple winged warriors. The new biovores are terrible and will probably not earn their points in battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo666
    Gargoyles are better in cc than hormagaunts. I think they will be very good against tactical squads.
    since? Gargoyles are about the worst troops in the new codex, hormagaunts are SO MUCH more useful (do i have to mention leap?)...so ok they have bioplasma...um preety useless. (if you are facing marines (or lower init.) ...yes you will hit first, but, they save on a 3+ ...end of turn they are mince, besides the attach is only str. 4, and it gets worse on larger creatures...it cant benefit from any monstruous creature bonuses)
    On the other hand for the same price you get a gargoyle, you can buy a Hormagaunt with str. 4 ...which has +1 attack, the unit hits with twice as many creatures (or even three times), and is virtually as fast.
    On the other hand 2 lictors are more than enough if you want to buff up your weenies. just put each one between 2 units of critters and they'll do the job just as good. and spend those extra 80 points on some cheap gaunts or warriors.

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, i've just impressed u could afford soo many Gargoyles lol Most tyranid Players i know who have been playing them for yrs dont own that many lol

But Gargoyles arnt as bad as everybody says there are, against Marines they are only anygood at annoying Devastator squads, but against Light Armoured Troops, Tau, IG etc they can caugh some grief But that is usually a brood, u are field a hell of a lot of them lol Cant see them hurting much.

infact I cant see u actually killing much overall. We all know lictors are never really going to make their points bac, I always take one cos the models cool but its more harassment then actually relying on it killing anything.

Ur Winged Tyrant is well expensive for something that’s going to get shot by everything and can still get hidden PowerFisted with nothing up with it which will make u cry.

And u cant rely on ur Tyrant and Broodlord killing everything, tyrants can and usually do die and as for ur broodlord, one time getting caught in the open and its ouch time. Remember - no fleet of claw, hes strong, but hes slow and genestealers, are no tyrant guard..

And the biovores… not worth the genetic matter anymore, scrap it and slap in a ‘GunFex’:

Canifex – Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler – 163pts. 10 times more effective, cheaper and guaranteed not to run off the board at the first sight of a deepstriker or skimmer.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast