[1500] Iyanden (Mech) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

[1500] Iyanden (Mech)

Right Iyanden lists are generally hard to play, one of the only promising factors it's lots of Heavy Support and Wraithlords, well, my plan is to scrap all that. Although it has been done before, I'm making an army fully mounted in Wave Serpents, bar one unit in a Falcon. With a total of 5 Eldar tanks it packs quite a punch. I've tried to balance the inherent Marine-Busting firepower with a lot of Shuriken Weaponry, I threw in an Eldar Missle Launcher for good measure. The original idea was an army full of units you love to hate, but alas due to Wraithguard's cost, there was no way I was getting Shining Spears in there...

What do you guys think of this:

HQ: 87

Farseer: 87
    Farseer
    Mind War
    Fortune
    CC Weapon
    S. Pistol
    Ghosthelm
    Runes of Witnessing

Elites: 362

Dire Avengers: 260
    Dire Avengers (x10)
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons
    Additional Shuriken Cannon
    Spirit Stone

Fire Dragons: 102
    Fire Dragons (x6)

Troops: 661

Wraithguard: 346
    Wraithguard (x5)
    Spiritseer
    Shuriken Pistol
    CC Weapon
    Enhance
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Starcannons
    Spirit Stone

Wraithguard: 315
    Wraithguard (x5)
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Eldar Missile Launchers
    Spirit Stone

Heavy Support: 390

Falcon: 190
    Falcon
    Starcannon
    Holo-Field
    Spirit Stone

Falcon: 200
    Falcon
    Scatter Laser
    Additional Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    Spirit Stone

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

That army will surprise anyone gearing up to battle a traditional Iyanden list!

If you drop the fire dragons and their falcon, you would have enough points to field four or five shining spears!

I love your idea, but do you actually have those models?! Or do you plan on proxying them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I don't have those models, I don't intend to proxy them either. I'm gonna go and buy that army, well, not that army actually. I'll buy that army plus any modifications or suggested changes I get from here. Check out this:

HQ: 97

Farseer: 97
    Farseer
    Guide
    Mind War
    Close Combat Weapon
    Shuriken Pistol
    Ghosthelm
    Runes of Witnessing

Troops: 692

Wraithguard [x5]
    Spiritseer
    Close Combat Weapon
    Shuriken Pistol
    Destructor
    Wave Serpent
    Starcannon
    Spirit Stone

Wraithguard [x5]
    Spiritseer
    Close Combat Weapon
    Shuriken Pistol
    Destructor
    Wave Serpent
    Starcannon
    Spirit Stone

Fast Attack: 332

Guardian Jetbike Squadron: 166
    Guardians [x3]
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Destructor

Guardian Jetbike Squadron: 166
    Guardians [x3]
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Destructor

Heavy Support: 375

Guardian Defender Squad: 225
    Guardians [x8]
    Warlock
    Destructor
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Bright Lances
    Spirit Stone

Fire Prism: 150
    Fire Prism
    Holo-Field
    Spirit Stone

For the time being I've resolved to add a 2nd unit of Jetbikes.[I]

Right, going in a different direction now, no Aspect Warriors to be seen, just Guardians, Seers and Wraiths. I've got 170 points left, anyone got any ideas on what to spend them on? The army itself has most of it's bases covered, anti-tank, anti-heavy infantry, and infantry. I'm also building it using Tournament rules (ie: 40% [600] or more on troops and no more than 25% [375] on any other section. This is part of my reasoning for the Fire Prism, it was the only thing that would fit, also, I'd like to take on for a spin, ad with Guide on my Farseer i reckon I can make good use of it. Also, anything shooting at it fearing it's Prism Cannon is something not shooting at my transports. So... any ideas for those last 170 points? I'm thinking either more Jetbikes or some Vypers...

Any comments then?
    Last edited by Nebulas; July 10th, 2005 at 23:10.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

A fully mobile Iyanden list is certainly unique, so congratulations to that.
    However, with your second list, the problem I see is that you have the traditional Iyanden weakness without the Iyanden strength; which is to saym, you are down on models by a mile (expected, however) but the models that you do have don't pack sufficient punch.

The Jetbikes are very cool, and will make good harrying units, but won't kill enough big guns before the Wave Serpents carrying the Wraithguard are shot down and the Wraithguard are forced to footslog.

With regards to the Fire Prism, remember the poor ballistic skill of the Defender Guardian, and that Farseer is a lot of points to compensate for it. Considering the range of the Prism Cannon compared to the range of Mind War, you're probably not going to get a shot off with Mind War if you keep the Fire Prism at a safe distance.

I would drop the Fire Prism and replace it with an appropriately kitted Falcon
    I would drop the Guardian Defenders for another unit of Wraithguard. They can do much more damage than eight Defender Guardians ever could. (Alternately, you could replace the Defender Guardians with Storm Guardians with a Fusion gun in there. Or perhaps some Dire Avengers.)

In conclusion, if you are going to go Iyanden without Wraithlords, you will definitely have to beef-up the Wraithguard numbers. In that light, I would propose the following list:

Naked Farseer with Guide in a kitted Brightlance Falcon
    Three units of Wraithguard with Destructor Spiritseers in Wave Serpents
    Two units of Guardian Jetbikes with Shrieker Jetbikes and with Destructor Warlocks
    A troupe of Storm Guardians with a fusion gun and a Destructor Warlock in a Wave Serpent.

(Tweak points where necessary, I don't have a codex in front of me. sorry)

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread