[1000] Saim-Hann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

[1000] Saim-Hann

HQ (108):

Farseer
    + Power: Fortune
    + Singing Spear
    + Jetbike

-----------------

Fast Attack (668):

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    + Power: Destructor
    + Singing Spear

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    + Singing Spear

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Scatterlaser

------------------

Heavy Support (215):

Falcon
    + Spirit Stone
    + Holo-Field
    + Shuriken Cannon upgrade
    + EML

Total: 991

Ok, when you have done laughing, please tell me what you think. I have 2 vypers with BLs, that I can swap in for the starcannon vypers, should the enemy choose to field many tanks (my usual IG opponent is very likely to field an AC). The spirit stones on the vypers are there only because I think that they are cool.

Last edited by Sareld; July 10th, 2005 at 16:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

he list in itself is cool, but I disagree with a lot of stuff in it.

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    + Singing Spear

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    + Singing Spear
    Remove the Singing Spears (I know you can use them for shooting) however, you can free up points in other areas and get a more dedicated Anti-Tank solution.

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Spirit Stone
    + Scatterlase
    Get rid of the Spirit Stones. Adding stuff like this to Vypers makes me think you don't want them to die. My actual view on this is that Vypers are completely expendable, and thus, you give them weapons and that's it. Also, if they do crash, you can make use of this for a 4+ cover save, or park it in front of Devestators and dare them to shoot it (which would block their line of sight when it crashes) or leave it and take whatever it gives them.

Falcon
    + Spirit Stone
    + Holo-Field
    + EML
    Eldar Missile Launcher is a bad choice cause you can only fire 1 main weapon, and you'd be aswell to make use of the Pulse Laser, cause it's damn good. This liits your 2nd weapon to one of the following: Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon, Scatter Laser. Take your pick for what you need, but drop the Eldar Missile Launcher.

With the ponits you free up, get a Vyper (or two if you can afford it) with a Bright Lance and/or give some of your current Vypers Bright Lances.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulas
    Remove the Singing Spears (I know you can use them for shooting) however, you can free up points in other areas and get a more dedicated Anti-Tank solution.
    Perhaps you are right, but apart from the before mentioned AC, my opponents tend not to field many tanks if ay at all. Adding the singing spears is partially to pop the occational railhead I encounter, and for fluff. Jedis always have lightsabers, seers always have "force weapons".

Get rid of the Spirit Stones. Adding stuff like this to Vypers makes me think you don't want them to die. My actual view on this is that Vypers are completely expendable, and thus, you give them weapons and that's it. Also, if they do crash, you can make use of this for a 4+ cover save, or park it in front of Devestators and dare them to shoot it (which would block their line of sight when it crashes) or leave it and take whatever it gives them.
    Yeah, thats the wise thing to do I guess.

Eldar Missile Launcher is a bad choice cause you can only fire 1 main weapon, and you'd be aswell to make use of the Pulse Laser, cause it's damn good. This liits your 2nd weapon to one of the following: Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon, Scatter Laser. Take your pick for what you need, but drop the Eldar Missile Launcher.
    For its purpose, I feel that the EML is perfect. This tank is a dedicated light/medium infantry hunter, so I have no intentions of fireing krak missiles unless my pulse laser becomes damaged. I will stick to plasma missiles.

With the ponits you free up, get a Vyper (or two if you can afford it) with a Bright Lance and/or give some of your current Vypers Bright Lances.
    I cant, I have all 6 fast attack slots filled up already. Unless ofcourse I let two fly in the same squadron.

Revised list:

HQ (118):

Farseer (flies with BL vypers)
    + Power: Guide
    + Singing Spear
    + Jetbike

-----------------

Fast Attack (667):

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock

Vyper
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Starcannon

2x Vypers
    + Bright Lances

------------------

Heavy Support (215):

Falcon
    + Spirit Stone
    + Holo-Field
    + EML

Total: 1000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Looks liek you're all set. I guess you could use the EML for the purpose you mentioned, but I still think it's a waste to pay for it's full potential when you only intend to use half. The Jetbikes look ok now, and about the filled up Fast Attack Slots - damn my counting skills! The Farseers Singing Spear will be incredibly useful, especially if you do get a chance at a tank, however, you could exchange the Spear for a Witchblade in order to get 3 S9 attacks, only difference is that you have to charge into CC (Although if the tank get's destroyed, you'll have positioned yourself in such a way so that the wreck hides your Farseer from enemy fire).
    Last edited by Nebulas; July 10th, 2005 at 18:09.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I like the list, and let me just add that I really think you gots nads playing a Saim Hann army in this day and age. I think, however, that Saim Hann will be a lot more playable when the new Eldar Codex comes out, we'll see.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

looks like a solid list except for the EML on the falcon.

much rather see a star cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

The EML stays.. I need a tank that can threaten hords of cheap infantry, and plasma pinning does just that. Unless of course I can find something better.. Would a forgeworld night spinner be a better choice?

And would I in fact be better of skipping one of the two BL vypers for SSs on the jetbike warlocks? Vypers are almost too fragile to fly in squadrons larger than one, and spreading my anti armor weapons over 3 squadrons seems like a much more durable choice than keeping it all in one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi Sareld, back down this route huh?

I dusted off my Saim Hann on Saturday and gave 1000 points of marines a damn good kicking, as per my post in the eldar forum, by turn 4 he had a dread which was imobalised and weapon destroyed and a wounded chaplain trying to chase 2 bikes and 2 cypers round the field

OK lets have a look:

Farseer (flies with BL vypers)
    + Power: Guide
    + Singing Spear
    + Jetbike
    OK personnal preference, as I am sure you are aware, is the wild rider chief, but fair enough. I have issues with the guide, this is covered below as it stems from your vyper organisation. Using the wild rider chief meant another shuriken cannon (see below)

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    Quite clearly 4th ed gave eldar jetbikes more issues, but I found that shuriken cannons were particularly effective for me, taking down medium vehicles (Rhinos and dreads) with ease, obviously I didnt field warlocks but up to you, I used the bikes as fire support and finishing so destructor would not have been any use to me

3x Guardian Jetbikes
    + Shuriken Cannon
    1 Warlock
    Ditto

Vyper
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Starcannon

Vyper
    + Starcannon

2x Vypers
    + Bright Lances
    OK couple of points and one astoundment - (the latter being you have removed your spirit stones, knew we would cure of that eventually)

1. you seem to be facing tau or IG, unless you are up against chaos, necron or marine armies I wouldnt bother with the star cannon but take scatter lasers, may also be usefull to upgrade the shurken catapults, but not sure where the points would come from

2. I would rather field your anti infantry units as mutple vypers and your anti tank as single units, reason is that if the first bright lance hits and kills, your second can target a different vehicle

Falcon
    + Spirit Stone
    + Holo-Field
    + EML
    I agree with Nebulas, I understand your concern but I think you are worying too much about the loss of the pulse laser, I would rplace the EML with a star cannon, otherwise fine

Chered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Yeah.. adding spirit stones to my vypers seemed like a cool quirk, but it became too expensive. I am thinking of new quirks to make my armies unique, but so far I have no been able to think of anything cheap/effective enough.. Adding WB/SS to all psykers maybe?

About the wild rider... I have got one (I will soon, at least), but I dont see any real purpose for him. Is he really worth his cost, when you can get a farseer with inv. save and psykic powers for the same points?

So, I will not field my tank with an EML, but use my normal starcannon configuration. Too bad. I have this unbuilt falcon, but I dont know what to do with it. The EML falcon seemed like a good idea, but apparently it wasen´t. How about building the before menitoned night spinner?
    Last edited by Sareld; July 14th, 2005 at 13:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK mate - the wild rider Chief - principly I started taking him cos h was more fluffy and because the alternatives were - well I feel Farseers are rather stale, hopefully the new codex may sort that out, and as for the avatar, well on saturday I took out a falcon, 12 bikes and 6 vypers and one of the kids said "Wow, Eldar, have you got an Avatar?" I mean really?

Now, given I went down that route, I have had a lot of sucess with the wild rider chief, his squad join the rest of the bikes, sniping with shuriken cannon and occasionally moving forwards and back with the shuiken catapults. but ultimatley he comes into his own when a squad has taken a lot of damage and you want to finish it off, he and his squad move in, open up with all they have and then charge. This has dealt with god knows how many minis as well as Demon princes and chaplains. NOW all that is good, but dont let it sell you, cos most of what I have described, the answer is "So what, a farseer can do that and more" and this is true, for me there are 2 areas where the farseer does not quite match the wild rider, the first is that assault, he is an attacj down and this can make a world of difference. The second and really the most important one, is larger games, the use of wild rider kin means more shuriken cannon and a far more impressive assault. But the distinction between the two is so small that the decision for me is a personnal one based on fluff

the distinction I make for my lot is not about wargear but the use of Epic Eldar titan wings on the leaders bikes

From what I recall the night spinner lacks effect because of pants AP, I really would not swap my falcon out and given the HS slots available to Saim Hann that really means, for me, it has to be the standard, star cannon, shuriken cannon upgrade, spirit stone, holofield falcon

Chered

+ Reply to Thread