[1500] tyranid list (Tourney) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    from a small,hidden in the warp hive fleet "The green Tide"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unusual(for me) [1500] tyranid list for a tournament

This list is my newest creation I'm not dure if it works due to low model count :confused:

[HQ]
    Hive Tyrant:
    Adrenal glands(I), Implant Attack, Toxin Sacks, Toxic Miasma, Winged, 2*Scthing Talons, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks

Hive Tyrant:
    Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Linked Devourer, Toxic Sacks, Toxic Miasma, Extended Carapace, Psychic Scream

[Elites]
    2 Lictors

[Troops]
    6 Genestealers
    6 Genestealers
    6 Genestealers
    6 Genestealers
    6 Genestealers
    6 Genestealers

[Heavy]
    3 Zoanthropes:
    Warp Blast, Synapse

Carnifex:
    Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler

It is for sure a "finesse" list, something new to tyranids, but I want to give it a chance

What are Your oppinions?

Last edited by chomolungma; July 11th, 2005 at 21:36. Reason: bad tiltle format
    SM beware.
    Green Tide will consume You all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

With such small squads and no low leadership units I think you should trade out the synapse zoans for some screamers...Your genestealers will probably win most of the combats that they assault into, but with low numbers it is hard to force an enemy to flee and get cut down by the mighy initative of the stealer. I think I would also try to get some extended carpace stealers, a five plus save just eaten up by most standard troops, and even if only half of your troops have the better save, some people will still take shots at them when they should be shooting at 5+ saves (especially against people with heavy bolters who are worried about wasteing the 3 ap 4 shots when they should be worried about the 7 or 8 ap 5 shots they dont get the benfit from by shooting at the extended carpace stealers.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With such small squads and no low leadership units I think you should trade out the synapse zoans for some screamers...
    Synapse on Zoans is only to prevent from instant death.

I think I would also try to get some extended carpace stealers, a five plus save just eaten up by most standard troops, and even if only half of your troops have the better save, some people will still take shots at them when they should be shooting at 5+ saves (especially against people with heavy bolters who are worried about wasteing the 3 ap 4 shots when they should be worried about the 7 or 8 ap 5 shots they dont get the benfit from by shooting at the extended carpace stealers.)
    Carapacing my stealers will cost 144 points. About 10% of the army cost. It is ALOT. One Stealer squad costs only 96 points, they are cheap and have graet manuverability. And You are overestimating bolter power. It takes one 10 man tactical on rapid fire to shoot of 6 genestealers and marine player still has 5 other broods marching his way, not forgetting 2 Tyrants, 3 Zoans, Carni amd 2 Lictors.
    SM beware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember though, it wont be your entire army on just one tactical squad. The extra carapace is useful as it will allow more of your 'stealers to survive the inevitable hail of fire (even though with extra armour there would be less of them)
    statistically it takes 3 marines to kill an regular stealer, it takes 6 to do the same to a carapace stealer. (i know statistics never work - as the dice work in mysterious ways, but for a relatively cheap upgrade, i would say its definitely worth it)
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but I'm not impling that carapaced stealers are better than "naked" ones. I think that when I field 36 Stealers carapacing them is not worth, beocuse it is too costly. It works for smaller number of Stealers, but not for larger amounts of them. Besides it would cost more than 2 Zoans.
    SM beware.

+ Reply to Thread