[1000]Tau conflict tornament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000]Tau conflict tornament

how the list?
    do you think it will last long against nids and marines

Shas'O- plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker and shield gen [130]

2 crisis suits- plasma, and missilepod, multi tracker [130]
    5 stealth suit, Shas'vre with markerlight and target lock [177]

12 fire warriors-all pulse rifles and shas'iu with markerlight and target lock [147]
    devil fish- targeting array, 2x seeker missiles and multi tracker [115]

13 kroot- shaper and armour [124]

hammer head- railgun, 2xburst cannons, target lock and multi tracker [165]

total points 988 12 points left
    33 models
    2 vehiecles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can probably save points by dropping that Sheild Gen and use them somewhere else, the 'O is an IC and probably can avoid the need for it.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I love it ReaverRider.

Standard "FireKnife" which actually isn't standard anymore, but I love to see it ^_^

Sadly, I love SG's, but with IC and Shas'o status, the points probably woudl be better spent somewhere else.

With the extra points I suggest another Stealth suit.

And more Kroot warriors.

Yes, I realize that is more than just taking the SG off.

But that's because you really don't need those markerlights on your Stealth and FW teams...The points from those and the seeker missiles can go towards more Kroot, and TONS of more vehicle upgrades. You realize you don't have Decoy Luanchers, or disruption pods?

*Shrug* It just seems you are very front loaded (offensively), but not in the most efficient manner. If you really want that much more Fire Power, another Hammerhead or FW team will serve you better IMO.

I've included a sample list for you, hehe...

HQ - 110
    “Fire Leader?
    Shas’o:
    PR, MP & MT

Troops – 130
    Shas‘ui-Pulse Rifles

Troops – 171
    Kroot w/Shaper and Armour

Elite – 2(65)
    Monat Shas’ui:
    PR, MP & MT

Elite - 190
    Shas’vre
    Stealth Team:
    Burst Cannons

Devilfish – 90
    Decoy Launcher, Disruption Pod

Heavy – 180
    RailHead
    BC, MT, TL, FD, DL, DP

That's 1001 points. If you need less than that, drop the Disruption pod on one of the vehicles. Or the Flechette discharger on the Railhead.

Hope you like it,

Shas'o Tau Dev'n, Kauyon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReaverRider
    how the list?
    do you think it will last long against nids and marines

Shas'O- plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker and shield gen [130]

2 crisis suits- plasma, and missilepod, multi tracker [130]
    5 stealth suit, Shas'vre with markerlight and target lock [177]

12 fire warriors-all pulse rifles and shas'iu with markerlight and target lock [147]
    devil fish- targeting array, 2x seeker missiles and multi tracker [115]

13 kroot- shaper and armour [124]

hammer head- railgun, 2xburst cannons, target lock and multi tracker [165]

total points 988 12 points left
    33 models
    2 vehiecles

Lets take it unit at a time:

Shas'O: For my shas'o O usually give him missle, fusion, and plasma for his hardpoints, then hardwire a multi, and give him a drone controller with shield drones (IMO they're far superior to the shield generator). You're protected from the las cannon volley's much better and you still get your 3+ when it comes to large number of bolter shots.

Crisis suits: I don't really have anything to add, but since you have 3 elites and only 2 taken, split up the crisis suits into 2 units (two lone man squads > one 2 man squad) to fill your elites.

Stealth squad: if you ever want to get the markerlight & HW options, only take team leader instead of shas'vre. That is, unless you want to assult an enemy unit since the shas'vre only adds stats for close combat (waste of 5 points). personally I'd say drop all extra 27pts you added (get a 6th stealth if you want or store it for another unit).

Fire warriors & devilfish: You're welcome to use markerlights and seeker missles, personally I don't see much use in giving them to fire warrior squads (get a pathfinders unit for markerlighting and seeker spotlights). I especially wouldn't give em markerlights if they're being put in a devifish, It'll never get used. On the devilfish, you don't need the targetting array for a transport, or the multi-tracker (when you end up getting close enough for the gun drones, detach them and drop them with your firewarrior squad). as for seeker missles, why put all seekers on 1 vehichle? if you lose that one which is charging the enemy lines, you've lost all your seekers. Divi up the seekers so it's even on all vehichles (aka, give one of the 2 to your hammerhead).

kroot: shaper is basically a waste 95% of the time. He's insanely expensive compared to the other kroot and only provides 1-2 extra attacks depending what you give him, and then a 6+ save to a unit which will have atleast a 5+ cover save in any cover they're in (always put kroot into cover! ). It's a waste of points. I field a 16 man kroot squad for 112 points (I have more attacks than your squad, both long range and combat).

Hammerhead: You're saving points with the burst cannons (personally I perfer SMS). It's also usually a good idea to give disruption pods to save your skimmer from dieing if immobalized.

For facing nids you may want a gun drone squad (good against guant squads, easy pinning). You may also wanna field a broadside if you have one available, it's perfect for dealing with carnifixes & hive tyrants. and basically take as many S5 SP5 weapons you can (stealth squad, gund rones, and FW)

For facing SM, fear las cannons. They will instantly vaporize yoru crisis suits (including yoru shas'o if you fail 1 4+ save, which is why I take shield drones). an ION cannon can help (if you have enough points after you eliminate some of the wastes, an IONhead might be useful. good for anti-big nids and good for killing off spacemarines & rihnos).

You obviously don't have to take any of my suggestions to heart, it's yoru playstyle not mine. just have funw ith it ^^
    Donuts anyone?

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by FolkenFanel
    Lets take it unit at a time:

kroot: shaper is basically a waste 95% of the time. He's insanely expensive compared to the other kroot and only provides 1-2 extra attacks depending what you give him, and then a 6+ save to a unit which will have atleast a 5+ cover save in any cover they're in (always put kroot into cover! ). It's a waste of points. I field a 16 man kroot squad for 112 points (I have more attacks than your squad, both long range and combat).
    I don't play Kroot, listen to Folken on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon
    I don't play Kroot, listen to Folken on this one.
    lol. yeah. It's much better not to waste points trying to get the 6+ armour save. mathematically speaking, realistically speaking, and points wise. Almost any weapon firing on the kroot will pierce the armour and in close combat you have like no chance of saving the kroot if they're wounded. for say a 16 man squad you need an extra 36pts alone to give the +1 leadership. Those 36 points can get alot of better upgrades for yoru tanks, yoru crisis, or even purchase a full stealth suit & team leader.

When playing yoru kroot they shouldn't need the armour upgrade when played correctly. They work best when infiltrated into forest/jungle, which gives them a 5+ cover save normally and with their fieldcraft ability they increase it by another +1 giving you a full 4+ cover save. Once deployed they should be within the 24" fire range, and it's best if they have another forest between them or the enemy (or deploy them deep enough into the forest that they can't be shot at to begin with), as you can stand and shoot through 12" of forest, basically allowing you to hit anythign infront of them without counterfire.

the basic premise of kroot is to annoy the enemy and keep them on their toes. When used correctly kroot can be devistating to enemy forces.

PS. never take krootox, big waste of points, and you don't need kroot to take down anything big (plus the gun isn't that powerful). Kroot hounds are a good purchase if you have spare points. They are the cheapest units available, and they have better close combat stats than kroot, I usually take 4 (bringing kroot unit size to 20).
    Donuts anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea ill add an 6th stealth and take out missile pods and marker lighs to add vehiecles upgrades and maybe more kroots

Shas'el
    plasma rifle, missile pod, fusion blaster, h/w multi tracker, shield controller with 2 shield drones [134]

Troops-
    12 fire warriors, pulse rifles with Shas‘ui- [130]
    Devilfish –
    Decoy Launcher, Disruption Pod and targetting array [95]

15 Kroot w/Shaper and Armour [140]

Elites-
    6 Stealth
    Burst Cannons [180]

2xcrisis suit
    plasma rifle
    missile pod
    multi tracker [130]

Heavy Support-
    RailHead
    burst cannons, Multi tracker, Target Llock, Flechete Discharge , Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod [180]

989 points with 11 points to spare

since i got 11 points left i might give the fire warrior a markerlight so the hammerhead sub shotcan negate cover save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flechete Discharge is pretty useless, and the Disruption Pod only works if you play on larger than normal tables (in which case it can be very good). I'd drop the FD and the DP depending on the size of table you usally play on and save some points on the HH (which is going to draw a ton of fire). I'd also drop the el's drone controller and the 2 shield drones, the majority toughness and save rules will hurt you more often than the shield drones will help you. Droping his missle pod would also be wise that way you can twinlink the plasma or fusion (depending on if you want him to kill tanks or heavy infantry). Alternativly you could drop the missle pod and the h/w multi-tracker and add a regular multi-tracker to the suit and save a good amount of points. Also, drop the Shaper and Armor off your Kroot and just keep them in cover, it's where kroot belong anyway. With all those points you have now I'd recomend either taking a gun drone squad or a 2nd barebones 'el HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReaverRider
    yea ill add an 6th stealth and take out missile pods and marker lighs to add vehiecles upgrades and maybe more kroots

Shas'el
    plasma rifle, missile pod, fusion blaster, h/w multi tracker, shield controller with 2 shield drones [134]

Troops-
    12 fire warriors, pulse rifles with Shas‘ui- [130]
    Devilfish –
    Decoy Launcher, Disruption Pod and targetting array [95]

15 Kroot w/Shaper and Armour [140]

Elites-
    6 Stealth
    Burst Cannons [180]

2xcrisis suit
    plasma rifle
    missile pod
    multi tracker [130]

Heavy Support-
    RailHead
    burst cannons, Multi tracker, Target Llock, Flechete Discharge , Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod [180]

989 points with 11 points to spare

since i got 11 points left i might give the fire warrior a markerlight so the hammerhead sub shotcan negate cover save

Uness you do give the fire warriors the markerlight, drop the shas'ui, he's useless less you give him stuff. Don't give kroot a shaper >.< drop the targetting array from the devilfish (along with the other equipment other than disruption pod), it's a waste of points. you don't need the flechete discharge either.

After you drop what I suggested there you have 76 points left over. if you can free up 20 more you can get a full 8 man drone squadron.
    Donuts anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i take shas'iu just for this leader ship value

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast