[1500] Goffs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1500] Goffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Goffs

Boss
    Choppa
    Big Shoota
    'Eavy Armor
    Cybork Body
    Frag Stikbombz

WarTrukk
    Big Shoota
    Red Paint job
    Armor Plate
    Bolt On Big Shoota
    Turbo Boosta

Slugga Boyz (1 mob of 30)
    Choppa
    Slugga

Skar boyz (1 mob of 20, 1 mob of 8 )
    Choppa
    Slugga
    Frag Stikbombz

Flash Gitz (3 mobz of 5)
    4 Big Shoota
    Nob
    Big Shoota
    Cybork Body
    'Eavy Armor

Wartrakks (1 Squadron of 3)
    TL Rokkit
    Armor Plate
    Red Paint Job
    Turbo Boosta

War Bikes (1 Squadron of 10)
    TL Big Shoota

I don't actually have a copy of the Goff list at the moment (currently in the process of getting it/them) So I made a few assumptions based on the material I could find right off. The list comes out to 1500 even if I did my math right.

I guess it should be mentioned that the guy I am going to be playing with regularly runs chaos marines, @ 1500 it usually is 3 tactical squads, an assault squad, a termie squad, some souped up chaos commander, and 3 obliterators. (or so I am assuming :confused: )

Thx for any constructive criticism you guys might have.

T2
    :hmm:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the most part your list is pretty cool concept but there are some things I see that may help you be even more orky.

--Ork Specific things--
    Your boss looks good.... nice, simple and cheap. The only thing I can see that I might switch out is the big shoota. Be tempted to give him just a regular ole slugga. Gives you another attack in CC and if he is in a truck he will be in CC fast, and the big shoota (a long range shootier) won't be used to its full effect. You have one on his truck should be good enough. If you can spare him the points I would think about giving him a power claw, or atleast a krak bomb for any tanks he might come across

Skar and Slugga mobs take Nobz with powerclaws. Almost seems a must now a days. With that big of a mob if you need points drop a boy or two to get that nob and powerclaw in there. The Mob of 8 Skar's I am assuming is for your boss so if you don't want to put a nob with a PK in there you don't have too. But then I would make sure their was one on your boss atleast.

Flash Gitz are a 0-1 so you will need to either take one squad of 15 or trim it down and spend the points somewhere else. And on the Flash Gitz squad you should keep the nob give him ammo runts. Great for re-rolls on those missed Big Shoota rolls

Nice big mob of bikes. Looks good

On your Trakks if you only have 2 fast attack squads (Bikes and Trakks) take one of the trakks and put it by itself). Take a taktic from them Hummie Speeder boyz. Due to the low armor even bolter fire will rip through these guys in no time flat. As a result if you place as many trakks by themselves they will have to devote more fire to two different squads to remove them. If left in one big mob its entirely possible for a single 10 man bolter squad to turn this group into slag in one rapid fire shooting phase. Also until they have targets these things need to hug things that block LOS like its their job...cause well it is.

Vehicles - always take Grot riggers. It will be the best few points you ever spend. Keeps your vehicles moving.

And last the only major taktical draw back I see is that you are splitting your army. Half your army is fast and moving. The other half is foot slogging across with no real cover unless your vehicles are being used and that puts your vehicles at major risk. You may want to see if its possible to introduce some speed to your 20 man Skar boyz in the shape of a Battlewagon, and your Slugga squad into Trukk boyz. This of course means more point pulling from other areas so I will leave it at either slow down your other squads and find ways to cover them (kans, KFF's, etc.) or speed up the other boyz (Trukks, Battlewagons, etc.)

--Goff Clan Rulez Specific stuff--
    Goff Warbosses have to take a Waagh banner, or Banna Wave. So you will need points to pick that up.

Don't forget that your 20 boys Skar boys units get a free Big Horns if they take a mob. If you are going Goffs find the points to get a nob and keep your unit size to 20.

If you do go Goff then your Bikes and buggies go down to 0-1 so the prior statement of put your Trakk in to seperate squads does not apply anymore

Hope this helps and I have not typed your eyeballs off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, I will go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with, also thanks for pointing out the 0-1 on the Gitz. I have litterally been looking at that notation for years and hadn't managed to have the meanign sink in. *duh*

Will try to decide how best to either get either one half faster or the other slower.

T2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trollzwei
    thanks for pointing out the 0-1 on the Gitz. I have litterally been looking at that notation for years and hadn't managed to have the meanign sink in. *duh*
    It took me about 12 reads of the Codex before I got it. The 0-X notation is very briefly described on page 4, under Army List Entries, and Unit Name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, a few things...

Whats going in your wartruck? Your warboss needs a bodyguard if you want him in a truck.

If you really want flash gits, drop it down to 9 boyz and one nob, and drop the armor and the body off this nob too.

Your warboss... Give him a bionic bounce and a PowahKlaw, six strength ten attacks are VERY scary!

If the boyz be sloggin it over the field, grots will be needed.

Get nobs with powahklawz on all your close combat boyz.

+ Reply to Thread